Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShakthiYour feedback matters!
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
What are the causes of vaginal dryness? my wife is 59 years old and our sex life is non existent since she finds penetration painful. What can we do to enjoy our sex life once again?
1.Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3.Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, and curries you intake.
6.Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7.Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi seeds help in preventing infections.
Hello I am married women I was on birth pills for five years now its more than 8 months I am trying to conceive but I am not able to do it please help.
Namaskar My wife is 7 months pregnant and I want to know which types of juices and food are best of her and for baby also.
I am 23years old. I had sex with my bf on 8feb and that day I take I pill. contraception pill. In the even I notice bleeding for some time that time I was confused what is it. It does not occur continuously. For only 10 mins the bleeding occurred. And it was my second time sexual relationship. He also used condom during intercourse. In first time we do the same. Is there ant chances of pregnancy. After 1st time sex my period continued earlier the date. But this time for this bleeding after intercourse. Is happen. Is there any problem. If any chance of pregnancy. please suggest me.
I am 24 years and I m married but I am having irregularity in my periods for about 2 months gap before marriage also. So how I could get pregnant ?
I am 30 years my right tube removed for left tube tubectomy is done but now I want a baby for left tube reconciliation with open surgery or laparoscopic operations which is best what r success rate please tell me.
Days before yesterday I got a drop of blood and then next day again a dot of blood clot, so can pregnancy happen after this or its normal?
I am 23 female .my last period is May 10. And I married on May 13. Last one month I had sex with my partner regularly. Buy again my period Is June 11. Now I want to check pregnancy test or take time. Or any other problem.
I m 26 year old female I have uterus which is divided into 2 parts, 1 is small and 2 is big. I get very much pain during my periods. Does division of uterus cases pain? 2. We are planning from past 6 months but I m not conceiving, does division of uterus cases pregnancy?
Not able to eat properly. Even if I eat less I feel full all the times. Not able to walk. Getting respiratory problem. Fatigue. Pain in muscles and legs.
My daughter (18years nw) gets her periods twice a month since one and half year. We have consulted a doctor who said it was pcos. So took the treatment (apcod sachets) for 6 months. After d course, when she stopped taking d medicine, same problem is seen, I. E periods twice a month. Could it be pcos at all? Or could it be some other reason? Because, I heard that pcos will cause no periods or a long gap Btw two cycles. But my daughter gets twice a month. What could possibly cause periods twice in a month? Please tel us d possible reasons.
Of late I have been through a lot of health problems. I'm currently being medicated for a follicular cyst. I have two of them about a 1.5 cm each. I'm under a medication called krimson 35, I have puked sometimes hours later in the night. Nowadays I am going through a lot of mood swings and every second feels like a punishment. It is difficult to get out of bed, I don't talk to people nor do I go out. I have zero tolerance towards anything and I lash out at people very quickly. I get very angry and I feel left out. I have begun detaching from friends and family. I cannot eat because of lack of appetite. I get nightmares every now and then. I am losing weight and I body shame myself. It would be great if you could guide me.
Last month just after my menstrual cycle I had intercourse with my husband. And now I am having my periods 3 days delay. It started in the morning as normal. Am I pregnant as sometimes even in pregnancy period happens?
Actually madam I st pregnancy was unwanted. But 2nd one I took pills on advice of my Obs specialist as I had PROM at 4 months n AFI was 1.nw I've spontaneous miscarriage Kindly advice me why shall I do? All my blood reports including APLA and TORCH are negative.
I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend 3 times in a same day and he ejaculated inside and I have taken ipill with in 4 hours of intercourse. On 17 oct and on 19 I get little bleeding for a 1 min only. Should 1 pill is enough for number of intercourse .please let me know i am intense.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
Every day foods that hurt male fertility
1. Men, avoid these foods!
#infertility in men is increasing at an alarming rate. Medical reasons aside, even some foods can play havoc with a man's fertility. We list down some of the foods that men should avoid to improve their sperm quality.
2. Carbonated beverages
Sipping on carbonated #beverages, like soft drinks or sports drink can impact your sperm count. A study published in human reproduction, regular drinking of carbonated beverages is linked to poor sperm motility.
3. Processed meat
Eating processed meat can compromise your sperm count. According to a harvard study (2014), men who consumed processed meat in excess had 23 per cent lower #sperm quality than guys who ate it in small quantities. In another study of journal of #epidemiology, it was found that processed meat was associated with lower sperm count
This is another reason to ditch your glass of alcohol. The more you drink, the more it impacts your sperm count. In fact, according to some studies, even if you drink in moderation, you are compromising on your sperm #quality
5. Cheese and full cream milk
According to a study done in human reproduction in 2013, excess consumption of cheese and full fat milk may impact sperm count. Dairy products do add protein and essential nutrients required by the body but full fat dairy products, especially cheese and full fat milk should be #avoided
6. Foods that can increase your sperm count
Eating healthy and fresh foods are not only beneficial for overall health but also for the health of your sperm. Here are some #superfoods that you should include in your diet to improve your sperm count.
It has been found that bananas improve male #libido and regulate #sex #hormones. As they are rich in vitamin c, a and b1, they boos fertility in men.
Broccoli is said to increase sperm count. It is rich in #vitamin a, just as carrots, spinach, apricots, sweet potatoes and carrots.
Another nutrient important for healthy sperms is omega-3 fatty acids. #walnuts are packed with omega 3 fatty acids that boost blood flow to the genitals, which in turn increases male fertility
Garlic does wonders in #boosting #male #fertility. The allicin and selenium present in garlic, protect sperms from damage and improve quality
11. Dark chocolate
The temptation is enough for its consumption. But knowing its benefits in boosting male fertility may make it more difficult to resist. High in anti-oxidants, dark chocolate helps in fighting against free radicals. But make sure that you do not consume more than one or two squares a day.
12. Eat vitamin c enriched foods
Foods enriched in #vitamin #c may help in boosting the fertility in men. These nutrients help prevent sperm defects and boost sperm health
#drnagi #drnagiclinic #vikasnagi #sexologist #best
#top #ambala #punjab.