Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Smt Sushilaben R Mehta & Sir Kikabhai HospitalYour feedback matters!
A stressful life and an unhealthy lifestyle impacts not only our physical health, but also our mental health. There are some instances now that have proved that most cases of mental illness such as depression, anxiety, and stress, happen due to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Though in an extreme condition, you may need the help of a professional expert, there are many ways through which you can keep your physical, as well as mental health, in check.
Food is the most important ingredient of a healthy body and mind. Today, many physical ailments take place due to a wrong diet and unhealthy food habits. Some of the most common mistakes that people make these days are:
- Skipping important meals such as breakfast,
- Not consuming a balanced diet,
- Depending more upon junk food items rather than healthy food items.
It's always best to consume lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits. The vitamins and minerals available in a balanced diet are very important to keep you away from health issues. Also, green vegetables such as spinach help in oxidizing the blood that reaches your brain and help in proper working of the brain cells.
Along with consuming proper and balanced diet, it is also important to provide a proper amount of workout session to both the body and mind.
Today, some people rely on gym instruments inside the four enclosed walls of a room. This may help you in getting a well-toned and fit body, but may not benefit your mind.
If you wish to keep your mind away from problems such as tiredness and stress, then it is important to inhale some fresh air at least once a day. A good way is to go for some exercises such as walking, jogging, cycling and others in open air for some time. The fresh and open air, along with exposure to greenery, refreshes your mind and hence controls the release of anxiety toxins in the brain.
After proper diet and exercise, what is most important is relaxation. If you are working the whole day and you do not have time for relaxation, the tiredness will make you fall sick. Some useful tips are:
- Sleeping at least 8 hours a day,
- Practicing meditation in case of extreme stress,
- Taking out some time from a busy schedule in doing activities you love to do, such as playing music, or reading books.
Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle not only to keep your body fit and healthy but also to keep your mind healthy and free from anxiety and stress.
Pregnancy should be by choice and not by chance. Preconception counselling and health check-up focus on things you can do before pregnancy to increase the chances of having healthy baby. There is plenty you can do now to make yourself as healthy as possible to have a healthy baby. If you want THE BEST PROGENY, then you should:
- According to Ayurveda, ‘Cheerful mind’ is most important for fertility
- Engage yourself in relaxing activities such as reading, gardening, listening to music
- Explore new hobbies
- Replace negative thoughts with more positive ones
- Avoid stress in relationship, Enjoy married life with alternate intercourse in mid period
Adapt a healthy life cycle
- Do regular exercise
- Avoid smoking and Tobacco
- Know your Prakruti (Body Constitution) and get the diet and lifestyle chart according to your Prakruti
- Consult a specialist from Ayurveda especially practising gynaecology
- Get whole preconception counselling and health check-up done
- Avoid toxic substances and Environmental contaminants
Start with folic acid
- Under medical guidance, start taking folic acid daily once
- Folic Acid supplementation greatly reduces risk of brain & spinal cord problems in babies
- If you have any pre-existing medical issues like diabetes, hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, epilepsy, heart disease or thyroid dysfunction, be sure they are under control. Ask your physician if its safe to continue the treatment for medical issues during pregnancy or to adjust to a safer alternative
- Self medication should be avoided
- If you consult doctor, even for other problem, you should make the doctor aware about your plan of pregnancy
Start preconception panchkarma treatment
- An Ayurveda physician will advise proper Panchakarma treatment according to body constitution and detailed history
- Ayurvedic medicines, diet and lifestyle modification along with preconception detoxification panchakarma treatment regularise metabolism, purify reproductive organs, maintain hormonal equilibrium, increase egg quality and sperm quality in case of male and relieve stress
- The treatments include Vaman, Virechan, Basti, Nasya, Uttarbasti, Yoni Prakshalan, Pichudharan, Shirodhara, etc.
Puberty brings hormonal changes which affect the body in a number of ways and the skin is one of the main affected organs. While acne is the more common issue, there are also other lesser known skin lesions, which can bother teenagers. The less common trichoepithelioma is one such disease.
In this health condition, multiple hair follicle tumors are seen on the face after attainment of puberty. These are benign, but not very common. They form small hair shafts, but do not develop into full fledged hair follicles. While the exact cause of these lesions is not identified, they are related to a syndrome called Brooke-Spielger Syndrome. There is also a genetic component where the CYLD gene is affected, and the proteins required for self-protection of the skin are missing. There is also a theory which states this condition to be an autosomal dominant condition. In such a scenario, multiple lesions are seen, and it is also the most common variant of the disease.
The lesions are small, less than 1 cm, isolated, firm, round, and shiny. Their color can vary from brown, to blue, yellow, or pink. The face is first affected, starting from the cheeks, and then slowly moving to the eyelids, and the nose. Multiple lesions are easier to diagnose, while individual lesions can be confused with basal cell carcinoma. The lesions grow very slowly and when multiple lesions are present, they can cause aesthetic concerns. There could be ulceration and recurrence in these patients. The genetically correlated ones have a higher incidence of aggressive behavior both in terms of severity of the lesions and the rate of recurrence.
Treatment: Though they are benign, aesthetic concerns may mandate treatment. The treatment is usually multipronged and includes the following genetic counseling, drug therapy (mostly topical creams and lotions), and minor invasive procedures.
- The best solution is to let them run their natural course, as they usually subside with age, both in terms of numbers and the severity of the lesions.
- Dermabrasion or carbon dioxide laser is useful in improving facial appearance too.
- In more severe cases, surgical removal may be done, which is partial and does not cover the entire depth of the lesion.
- However, in some cases, if there is a concern for malignancy, the lesions are completely excised (excision biopsy) and then sent for biopsy to confirm their benign nature.
Trichoepithelioma is also known by the name hereditary multiple benign cystic epithelioma, which explains the nature of the disease quite well. Other than cosmetic concerns, more so because if affects females, these are harmless in nature. But a detailed discussion with your dermatologist is suggested to confirm the state of the condition.
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better.
As much as we take a dip in the bucket of blues and sing happy- sad songs to flout and fall for the theorem of love; we are but orderlies to the emotion. We all wish if love had only been a four letter word. It unfortunately has multiple folds and crevices than the human mind can ever possibly think of. Nonetheless, staying in love is essential. Loving is as significant as is living; the reason being, it keeps you happy until you falter and with every faltering foothold, you emerge out as a stronger being.
A strange fact about the emotion is its tryst with wholeness. Love doesn’t necessarily need an object or receptor under its radar. It could be experienced as a self - sufficient feeling. You may be full of love for a family, for a dear friend, for your lover or you could also be in love with your passion or yourself. Irrespective of perpetual disillusionment, one must try and remain in love.
Let's take a curious peek into these few ways to stay in love:
- Put in effort to look good: In any case, ‘beauty indeed lies in the eyes of the beholder’, but finding yourself pretty is extremely important. One must take care to look good in his or her own eyes. Looking good is directly proportional to the way you feel and hence spending time on yourself helps you to think positively. You see yourself in better light and are thus, in a position to love better.
- Exercise to challenge your daily threshold: Exercising has multi - faceted effects on your overall health. If you exercise on daily basis, you witness your progress with every passing day. This encourages you to improve your flexibility and fitness. Exercising can lead to the release of the happy hormone - serotonin in one’s body. Direct exposure to sunlight and consumption of food items rich in carbohydrates can also increase the level of serotonin. Exercising boosts up your confidence and makes you fall in love with your body.
- Indulge in sweet nothings: As you grow up, you stop doing those little things that once gave you immense pleasure. Making a greetings card, baking a cake, making paper boats, going out on walks, teaching young children or doing whatever your heart feels like can actually make you stay in love.
- Pursue your passion: A passion gets the best out of you; it rather steps up the limits of your talents. Pursuing one’s passion makes one love oneself even more. It keeps you engrossed in your plus points, giving you little scope to brood over depressing factors.
- Try having a pet to care for: Feeling responsible for your pet is a great way to discover another side of your personality. A pet gives you the warmth you had been looking for. The bond of love with a pet has had unmatched effects on a person’s health.
Ovarian cysts is a common problem that affects women in their childbearing years. These cysts develop inside the ovaries at the time of ovulation.
These cysts are of four main types:
In most cases, ovarian cysts resolve themselves, but in some cases they can cause pain and grow.
Ayurveda is a holistic form of alternate medication that can be quite effective when it comes to treating ovarian cysts. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence, can be prescribed to women of all ages. Apart from medication, Ayurveda also involves changes in lifestyle and diet. Ayurvedic herbs help balance the hormones in a woman’s body and thereby improve the overall functioning of the ovaries as well.
Some of the Ayurvedic herbs used in the treatment of ovarian cysts are as follows:
Guggul: This herb has the potential to revitalise cells and can rejuvenate a person. Guggul or commiphora mukul also has purifying properties that helps regulate lipid production and increase iron levels in a person’s blood. It also helps in weight loss and increases metabolism.
Shilajit: The Ayurvedic herb asphaltum or shilajit improves stamina and the ability to deal with physical and mental stress. It is also known to increase sexual desire and enhance libido for both men and women.
Amalaki: Amalaki or emblica officinalis is best known for its ability to rejuvenate cells and rid the body of free radicals. It also helps boost immunity, aids in the development of healthy skin and slows down the aging process. Amalaki helps with digestion and boosts metabolism along with maintaining the proper functioning of the liver.
Aloe: Aloe is the most common Ayurvedic product used for skin care and anti-ageing products. Apart from skincare and hair care, aloe also helps relieve hypertension and has well known antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps deal with high blood pressure and respiratory problems.
Vitamins and minerals: Some vitamins and minerals boost immunity and have the ability to destroy abnormal cells such as cysts. Zinc helps prevent ovarian cysts, helps the body get rid of free radicals and aids in normal cell growth. Vitamin B complex helps in converting excessive estrogen into less weaker forms and hence balances hormone levels. Antioxidants like vitamin A and E protect the cells against damage and abnormal changes in the cell growth. Vitamin C also helps boost immunity and gives the body the ability to fight illnesses and infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract problems. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination and endoscopy is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support or packs are put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
An essential prerequisite for good health is having regular bowel movements. People all over the world have a misconception about the regularity of bowel movements. Having bowel movements three times a day or three times a week (if that is the routine) is considered regular. Irregularity in bowel movements can often lead to constipation and it is something that should never be ignored. It not only affects our health but also affect our overall being in ways that are unexpected. Let us take a look at some of these unexpected side effects of not pooping regularly:
- Constipation can trigger headaches: The cause for a headache can be many things, but the first likely reason is stress. When you do not poop properly, the pain, inconvenience and worry will build up, leading to mental stress. This anxiety can trigger headaches. Also, headache can occur because of dehydration, which is often a result of constipation. By drinking more water, you can get a relief from both constipation and headaches. Moreover, the buildup of toxins in the body also causes a headache. regular is a key channel that releases all the toxins from the body and when that does not work, it is bound to cause problems.
- It can cause breakouts: What happens in and out the gut shows up on the skin. Skin conditions like acne, pimple, dark circles and even rashes can occur due to internal gut and digestive issues. When the toxins are not eliminated regularly from the body, they tend to accumulate over time leading to major skin breakouts.
- It carries a risk of anal fissures: Due to hardened stool, there is not enough lubrication and this can lead to a tear of the skin. This is called an anal fissure and the prime symptom of this condition is the presence of blood in your stool. So, if you feel pain or see blood while pooping, you need to contact your healthcare provider and relieve your condition.
- It may cause Diverticula or Heamerhoids: Long term constipation can lead to certain ailments which tend to form because of the pressure of straining to pass your poop. You can be affected with diverticula which result in bulges or pouches on the lining of the colon area. Or it can also cause a strain in the veins along the rectum and lead to
- It affects your Bladder control: The colon and the bladder share a close relationship with each other. If there is too much pressure on the bladder because of a full colon, it can lead to decreased control of the bladder. Your bladder will not fill all the way, empty badly or cause unexpected leakages. So, chronic constipation can cause apparent leakage problems too.
- It can make you lose appetite: Eating food can be a major turn off for people with constipation. Appetite loss is not just an enjoyable form of hunger suppression, but a big inconvenience.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Menopause is a tricky problem for women to negotiate. Hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats, sleeplessness, and vaginal dryness are but some of the issues. It's a very similar position to that of puberty whereby the body is out of control and one's emotions follow suite. If a woman going through this time is facing added pressures with family or job she can lose her confidence and sink into a state of depression.
The effect on those around her has a bearing on her moods as they usually fail to understand what is happening to her. In my case the greatest thing was hormone replacement therapy which almost instantly corrected the problems. The brain cleared of its confusion, the other symptoms virtually stopped, and energy levels were restored.
The question many face is how safe is this HRT? Some studies link it to breast cancer and other diseases as a warning against it. But speaking from personal experience the risks of developing is far outweighed by the benefits.
- As opposed to my situation my sister, five years younger, did not take HRT and she had a hysterectomy, which saw the female reproductive organs removed. By the time she was 50 she was diagnosed with the bones of an 80-year-old. She then suffered from osteoporosis with her bones, particularly her ribs, breaking with the slightest pressure.
- On top of that she also has irritable bowel syndrome and other things, such as shingles. Her blood pressure was always low and other problems emerged. Although active and stoic her health went rapidly downhill and she died two years ago of pancreatic cancer at the age of 71. Now one can't say that HRT would have saved her from that but it certainly didn't cause the cancer.
- By way of contrast my body is fit, healthy, strong, with no disease or blood pressure at the age now of 78. My brain is active and productive and most days I attend a gym. My bones are also strong with no sign of osteoporosis. I don't even get headaches or other things most people my age would normally suffer from. I don't even wear glasses.
- While there are great benefits to be had from HRT it is my belief it also preserves the body well into old age. Cancers of the type they proclaim may be associated with it are, in my opinion, not related to it. Breast cancer is common among women of all ages and some die in their twenties from it.
- To be rid of the awful symptoms of menopause is a great achievement by the medical scientists. They have made it possible for many women to remain a productive force in society. My mother who never had the benefits of it suffered and died at the age of 56 years.
- While everyone is different and people have diverse opinions about what is good for their heath my suggestion is to go where your body takes you. Don't be frightened or put off by claims that are as yet unproven.
I am 21 years old. I have cycle of usually 32 days which varies after 2 months and sometimes it becomes 28 days and sometimes 30 but it is within 32 days always. I had my period on 24th June. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 3rd July. After that I had bleeding on 21st June. Usually I have heavy bleeding always which lasts for at least 5 to 6 days (probably 5).but this time it was not so heavy but not so light also (lighter than my heavy periods. It lasted for 4 days. On 6th day I was having brown mucus. please tell me is it periods or implantation bleeding. I don't want to get pregnant now as I am also studying. please reply soon.
मानसून एक ऐसा मौसम है जो हमारे जीवन में खुशियां लेकर आता है,
क्योंकि यह गर्मियों की झुलसा देने वाली धूप के बाद वातावारण को बिलकुल ठंडा कर देता है। परन्तु मानसून की ठंडक का मज़ा लेने के बावजूद ऐसी कुछ बातें हैं, जिनसे आपको सावधान रहने की आवश्यकता है।
मानसून अपने साथ कुछ ऐसी स्वास्थ्य समस्याएं लेकर आता है, जिससे बचाव के उपाय ढूंढना काफी ज़रूरी होता है।
अगर आपके घर में बच्चे और बूढ़े लोग हैं तो वे एलर्जी (allergy), सर्दी, खांसी आदि स्वास्थ्य समस्याओं का शिकार हो सकते हैं। जब आप भोजन भी कर रहे हों तो ऐसे खाद्य पदार्थों को अपने खानपान में शामिल करने का प्रयास करें, जो आपको बीमार ना बनाएं।
मानसून के मौसम में बारिश की पहली बूँदें सारे वातावरण को काफी खुशगवार बना देती हैं। यह मौसम उन रैशेस (rashes) का इलाज करता है, जो घमौरियों की वजह से हमें गर्मियों में होते हैं। हमें मानसून के मौसम में अपने खानपान और अपनी गतिविधियों का काफी ध्यान रखना चाहिए। मानसून के समय हमें कई तरह की बीमारियां हो सकती हैं। खासकर बच्चे इस मौसम में कई तरह की समस्याओं का शिकार होते हैं।
यह वह मौसम है जब पानी से पैदा हुआ बैक्टीरिया (bacteria) हम पर आक्रमण करता है और हमारी प्रतिरोधक क्षमता में काफी गिरावट आ जाती है। इस समय लोग आमतौर पर बदहज़मी, एलर्जी और कई तरह के संक्रमणों से पीड़ित होते हैं। नीचे कुछ ऐसे नुस्खे दिए गए हैं, जो मानसून के मौसम में हमारा बचाव कर सकते हैं।
बरसात के दिनों में हमें अपने शरीर का ख्याल रखने की अधिक आवश्यकता होती है।
इन दिनों में बढ़े हुये मच्छर और उनसे उत्पन मलेरिया और डेंगू जैसे रोग हमें बीमार बना सकते हैं साथ ही वायरल फीवर होने का भी इन दिनों खतरा बढ़ जाता है। ऐसे में ज़रूरत होती है खुद का ख़याल रखने की और स्वस्थ बने रहने के लिए आवश्यक उपायों को अपनाने की। इस मौसम के लिए ज़रूरी टिप्स नीचे दिये जा रहे हैं जिन्हें अपनाएँ और स्वस्थ रहते हुये मानसून का आनंद लें।
मानसून के दौरान खानपान (Choice of diet during monsoon)
मानसून के मौसम के दौरान रास्ते में बिक रही तली हुई चीज़ें और फ़ास्ट फ़ूड (fast food) का सेवन ना करें। इससे पेट का संक्रमण हो सकता है। कई बार लोग मानसून के मौसम में बदहज़मी का शिकार हो जाते हैं, क्योंकि इस मौसम में पानी से पैदा हुआ बैक्टीरिया काफी सक्रिय रहता है और आपके भोजन के साथ आपके शरीर में भी प्रवेश कर सकता है।
क्योंकि मानसून के समय आर्द्रता का स्तर काफी ऊंचा रहता है, अतः आपके शरीर को भोजन पचाने में दिक्कतें पेश आती हैं।
रास्ते में बिक रहे तैलीय भोजन से परहेज़ करें। सिर्फ घर पर बना हुआ स्वास्थ्यकर भोजन करें।
From a neurobiological perspective, love is seen similar to addiction, when we fall in love, our brain gets flooded with a host of "feel good" neurochemicals like - adrenaline, dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin. These chemicals cause us to feel highly motivated to do things that may seem impossible otherwise, like staying up all night talking or chatting to the person you love on the phone, feeling the deep desperation or the desire to meet your lover, ready to physically harm self for a person whom you know just year or months back.
As our relationship progresses and we begin to settle into our daily life with our partner those neurochemicals settle too. This is ultimately for the best otherwise humans would not be able to progress in other aspects of their life efficiently if they keep themselves completely submerged into the thoughts and feelings of their partner 24X7 (like in the initial phase).
When a breakup occurs, especially at an advanced stage of the relationship, human brain gets accustomed to the feel-good neurochemicals that their togetherness has generated over the time. Hence the brain pressures the person to seek the physical presence of the lover so it can again generate the feel-good neurochemicals. In human behavior, this process is reflected by a sudden shot of happy memories and realising that he/she is no longer with us.
So who feels the pain more Men or Women?
According to the researchers from Binghamton University and University College London, Women tend to feel the emotional pain associated with a breakup more acutely than men, but men take longer to "get over" their former lover.
Although the research found that women tend to feel the physical and emotional pain associated with a breakup more acutely than men do, they also found that both the sexes reported feelings, different breakup-related emotions in about the same proportions. For example, both men & women reported anger and depression, troubled sleep, struggle with their weight or experience panic attacks after a breakup.
So, why women get more affected by breakups than men? Well, from a scientific standpoint, women typically have more at stake in relationships than men do. Women are evolved to invest far more in a relationship than a man. A brief romantic encounter could lead to nine months of pregnancy followed by many years of lactation for a woman while the man may leave the scene' literally minutes after the encounter with no further biological investment. This knowledge is rooted in a woman’s brain from the stone age.
The study also shows that men may have a different set of emotional scars following a breakup. The man is likely to feel the loss deeply and for a very long period of time as it 'sinks in' that he must 'start competing' all over again to replace what he has lost — or, worse still, comes to the realisation that the loss is irreplaceable.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
1. When your menstrual period is not expected
2. When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
3. At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Today, there is no disease that cannot be cured. Be it related to any part of the body, medications and doctors can come to your rescue immediately. Similarly, low sex drive is also curable. It is a medical condition, caused due to various factors and can be treated under the proper guidance of a doctor. The condition is known as Inhibited Sexual Desire (ISD). A person suffering from ISD exhibits only one symptom: low sexual desire. A person suffering from ISD refuses to engage in sexual activities with anyone. It has been observed that they neither start nor respond to anyone’s sexual move or overtures. It is a common problem faced by the new age couples in the metro cities.
ISD can be of two different types: primary and secondary. If the patient has never developed sexual desire in his or her lifetime, the condition is primary. The secondary condition occurs when a person began a relationship with the opposite sex partner with normal drive but later gave up the interest towards sexual activities.
Sometimes, patients also develop situational ISD due to stress ad strains in a relationship. The patient may have sexual desire towards others and be disinterested with his or her partner. Whatever may be the condition, medical guidance by a trained and experienced doctor is a must. Here’s how your doctor can help you in gaining back your interest in sexual activities:
1. Counseling: A doctor can treat ISD by counseling. It has been found that many couples first need marriage counselling to improve their relationship first. The training will help couples in learning how to express their love and affection towards each other and respect each other’s emotions and feelings. The couples should also know how to vent their anger and resolve problems and differences in their conjugal life. The sexual counselling helps couple to learn how to carry out their sexual activities in an interesting manner. The doctor then may prescribe you (in case of males) some drugs to activate your sex life.
2. Hormone Therapy: A woman’s sex drive depends on the influence of sex hormones, especially estrogen. Doctor may give small doses of estrogen to the woman patient by prescribing vaginal cream or any skin patch to increase blood flow to her private part, increasing its sensitivity.
3. Lifestyle Changes: A doctor can help you by advising certain lifestyle changes that are adversely impacting your sex life. The doctor is able to find out the activities or events in your daily life—by interacting with you—that are responsible for sexual aversion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.