Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
I am 21 years old male .am suffering from heavy pimples on my face. It closely moves throughout the face. Please help me to cure it.
What type of diet to maintain for high blood pressure also with high cholesterol level due to fatty liver?
I want to. Know is there any substitute and tablet so that we do not need to take food. I don't want to take. Meal. Is there any medicine who. doesnt feel us hungry. Thanks.
Last one month my head is so pain. Often pinning of head. I feel lazy ness. Then im start in sleeping mode.
Hello Dr. I have 8 years old baby boy and in dec I had an abortion DNC after this from april my tummy is increasing my hips and thighs also. My vital states after abortion is 34 38 40. What should I do pls help and reply. Thanks.
I have lot of cold and cough from 2 days and also small headache and fever also. what should I do? Coconut water is good or not for my health?
I am 40 years old and Male. It's been few days that I have got acne all over my face (beard's area) and very few over head. Please suggest? It itches.
I am 18 years old male and have teeth sensitivity for last 2 months. I have uses colgate toothpaste for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What I do?
Indians have always been known for their passion of food, which is usually rich and creamy. With the recent calorie consciousness setting in, the Indian foods are also blamed for being rich in calories. It is therefore time to take a step back and watch the calories that you are packing with each meal.
Listed below are some common Indian foods, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, and their corresponding caloric value. The next time you plan your meal, take a conscious decision based on your overall health. This does not mean you should not relish these exotic dishes. Make sure if you have had a ghee-laden gaajar ka halwa, make sure to burn that extra calories by extending your gym time.
- Chicken curry: This popular dish with curry, chicken, and other spices like ginger, saffron and other spices contain about 600 kcal for a serving.
- Daal: About 300 g of cooked dal has about 350 kcal. The good news with daal is that gives the maximum amount of proteins, especially for non-meat eaters.
- Biryani: A bowl of vegetable biryani contains about 550 kcal while chicken biryani gives about 800 kcal. Again, this depends on the additional ingredients like the amount of ghee or oil used and other ingredients.
- Korma: While the chicken korma gives up to 900 kcal, a bowl of vegetable curry gives about 350 kcal.
- Samosas: A meat samosa has about 320 kcal, while a vegetable samosa has about 250 kcal.
- Chole bature: This fried food with big sized puris and chickpeas pack in about 450 kcal per serving.
- Pav bhaji: Another popular evening snack with fried bread and gravy, this has loads of butter applied to the bread and so it is not surprise that you add about 450 kcal with a plate of pav bhaji.
- Jalebi: This popular Indian sweet is made by deep-frying wheat-flour batter in circular shapes and soaking it in sugary syrup. Whether eaten hot or cold, it gives you about 460 kcal per serving. Add a spoonful of rich creamy rabdi to it and there would be another 150 kcal.
- Ras malai: This rich creamy sweet is extremely popular in Northern parts of India and provides about 250 kcal per serving
- Halwa: If loaded with ghee, a cupful of carrot halwa can give you about 250 kcal.Onion pakoras: This popular spicy snack contains deep fried gram flour and onions and packs in about 200 kcal when 3 pieces are eaten.
Now that you know how much calories some of your regular foods are carrying, make a mental note of all the foods you are eating on a daily basis, and make sure it does not cross about 2000 per day.