Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shagufta R. Kazi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shagufta R. KaziYour feedback matters!
YOUR BACK PAIN MANAGEMENT PLAN
It is important that you work with your PHYSIO to formulate a pain management plan that is tailored to suit your individual needs. Any back pain management plan should aim to:·
- Relieve your pain symptoms·
- Help you to recover from acute attacks of pain within 6 weeks·
- Minimize the amount of time you spend off work·
- Allow you to resume your normal level of activity·
- Prevent episodes of acute low back pain from recurring and becoming chronic problems·
- Effectively manage back pain if it does become chronic.
Over the course of your back pain management, you may come into contact with a number of different healthcare professionals. Quite often, people with chronic cases are seen by a combination of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists,pharmacists, psychologists and occupational therapists, who offer their expertise and help them to deal with their pain.
As well as receiving treatment on a one-to-one basis, some people with chronic pain may be able to attend specialists pain clinic for treatment and advice on living a fuller life in spite of their pain. Some healthcare teams may bring together groups of patients with similar pain problems and look at how best to tackle them. Pain services may vary from area to area. Your PHYSIO will be able to put you in touch with local support groups and services.
TIPS FOR A ‘ BACK-FRIENDLY’ BED·
- Choose a mattress that is supportive enough to take the weight of your body without sagging.
- Turn your mattress regularly (every 6 to 12 weeks).
- Choose a mattress that is comfortable to lie on with sufficient ‘ give’ to cushion your bony bits.
- Buy a mattress with a long base.
- Always try out the mattress and base together in the shop before buying.
- Consider a water bed- they support the body without distorting the spine, and are popular with some people.
WHY IS BED REST BAD FOR YOUR BACK
It stiffens your joints.
It weakness your muscles.
It can weakness your bones over long periods.