Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Saumil Kumar ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/mam good evening ,actually I am suffering with fissures, recently I am cured by this problem, again I am doubting that is occurring again ,so what precautions I have to take, please help me in this.
I am 47 yrs male. I am suffering prolapsus of rectum from last 10-12 yrs. Please prescribe treatment.
Post consuming food, I start having multiple burbs, that causes chest pain, and agitation for continuous time period. The rate of burbs increases on consumption of dairy products.
Im 20 years old I have digestion issues im suffering from indigestion. How can I improvebmy digestion system.
She is suffering anal pain last 1 year and treatment of bone tv last 1 year. And also treatment at sankra world hospital bangaloru for remuthate arrthaite. As per my report. Please help what I do.
I'm 17 years old boy and suffering from migraine, I always have headache and due to pain I also take analgesic tablets but no relief is feel and now due to excess of analgesic I am suffering from hyper acidity, so please help me for relief in hyperacidity and migraine pain.
Mam and Sir mere pet me dard tha to mene ultrasound karaya to us me fatty liver aya he 2.dard bahut dard tha to me is time himalaya walo ki live 52 ki tablets le raha Hu wo sahi he ya nahi. Or agar koi or lena he to please bata dijiye.
I have digestion problem from very long time ago. I am staying in hostel so food here is mostly oily and spicy. What should I do to cure my digestion problem and gastric problem? Medication or yoga? Food will remain the same for 1 year.
Hi Sir I have a condition where in before 3 months I got small lumps inside my anus in the inner rectal region but now the condition is getting little worse where in there is tendency to itch in the outer rectal area and it burns what may be the issue I had used p Kool cream.
doctor I have small problem about my bladder Some time a small type of pain will feel from my bladder Can you give a solution.
I am randhir nishad male I always have cough and throat issue and also have a acidity problem there to me what is your suggestion.
I am Jitendra aged 26. I am suffering from gastroesophagael reflex disease. The doctor said area near my food pipe is bulged. I was on medication for past one month but could not get relief. Kindly suggest what to do.
Hi Doctor, I" m 27 years male and having severe anal itching from past few months and seems little bit flush came out from anus and I'm using pilex ointment and tablets but still I suffer itching severe itching during nights could any one suggest me beat antibiotics for this itching?
Hello sir my husband is cronic pancreas patient.Today he is suffering pain.So pls tell me pain relif medicine immidiatly
My age is 14. I eat rice and some curries. But its not digestioning properly. What to do now. Please say.
I am 62 years old and I am suffering frm acidity. Suggest me what shall I do and how to prevent it! Thanking you.
For 58+ F is tablet 'Wellwoman 50+' expected to cause lot of gas & stomach issues ? She did not have such problems before starting the medicine.
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.