Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev KaulYour feedback matters!
I am 24 Years Old I am Suffering with itching in Anus. So please help me to resolve this problem and There is no Bleeding. So please help me.
Sir. I have seen a person with same problem. He underwent for surgery but the same condition of anal fissure prevailed after 1 year of surgery. So a is surgery a permanent solution to this problem.
I am 70 years old. I have Urinery problem. Every hour I feel to go to Urinal. What is the remedy for this?
Hi, I and my wife newly married, when we start doing sex, intercourse my sperm get into her vagina, but when I get out from her, sperm get out from vagina. Any specific reason. Should I need to concern on this or is this normal. Kindly advise.
I have to strain a bit sometimes to start urination. After that it is normal. have this problem since birth. Is that any major problem?
I have fissure in ano stool come to the opening but never come out till I strain, will you suggest best diet, because I could not afford for surgeries. I am 62 without any other ailments no sugar nor bp.
Hi. I am 31 year female For 2 month I feel bad smell in urine. And orange is my color of my urine. Please help me out.
While I urinate sometimes my urine flow is weak other time it is absolutely normal. Specially when I wake up in the morning. And sometimes when I terminate my urination few drops dribble downwards. Nor always but sometimes. I don't wake up in the night to urinate. Do I have any prostate problems? I am just 22 years old. I have done urine test. It's normal.
My wife feels constipation and frequent temptation for urine passing. Also happening scratches during inter course and infection to both of us. Give a remedy.
My dad is suffering from kidney problem. He already under go dialysis when his creatinine was 6.1. After that it was controlled and doctor said no need further dialysis. But Last time when we check his creatinine was 4.5, is this dangerous to his health please advice. And also please tell us what diet he should take.
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.
Bladder cancer BCG vaccination is once in a week for 6 weeks. Surgical removal of bladder is the best available treatment for muscle invasive bladder cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.