Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay M. MehtaYour feedback matters!
How to make your home mosquito free
With zika virus threat looming large in India, dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases aren't cases on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it.
Sharing is caring. Share this helpful tip with your loved ones by clicking on Share below.
Dear Dr! My mom is having pain in her eyes and she is also having fibroid and syst in her utras and ovary. We consulted all doctors but all are advising to do operation. 20 years back her operation was done of fibroid and tumber and her one ovary was removed. So now she is so scared of operation. Without operation any solution is there? please reply me.
I have done with follicular studies n my egg has rupture today we have tried in afternoon but my husband was not satisfied can I conceive if I try in night?
I hav a baby with c section he is 8 months old bt till now I did not get mensuration period is it danger fr health.
i am 25 years old female. N i am 26 weeks pregnant. i am suffering from severe back pain pls give me sum tips.
Hi I am from tirupati. My sister has newly gave birth to a baby. The baby born on 17-09-2015. Can you suggest me some healthy foods for the mother?
I got married two months ago. I read that intercourse must be done from 12 to 14 days of menstrual cycle to get pregnant. But I have doubt that how to calculate that 14 days? whether count from the date I got my period or whether the day my bleeding stopped.(i got my period on 28 march)
I'm 6 month pregnant and did delivery last week because baby had microcephaly. Shall I get pregnant again I had some complications had 4 month abortion in 2012 due to fibroid after 8 months mymectomy done after 6 months conceived and cizerian delivery in 2014 now this delivery. When shall I prepare for pregnancy and whether this child will have microphelly ,please tell me may I get fibroid again ,could I able to conceive again ,is their possibilities for normal delivery in future.
Ayurveda and Garbha sanskar (prenatal education)
Ancient Indian medicine, i.e. Ayurveda puts emphasis on the spiritual, mental and physical preparation of the expecting mother to give birth to a healthy child. In Ayurveda, this theory is described as ‘supraja Janan’ or EU-maternity. It basically means preparing the couple in planning their pregnancy at least three months prior to the baby conception.
Pregnancy should be by choice and not by chance. The planning should firstly begin with panda shuddhi which means purification of gametes (sperm and ovum).
One should always keep in mind if the couple is not mentally fit and stable even though they are being physically healthy cannot give birth to a healthy child.
The mental calmness and firmness of mind is very much related to one’s eating habits and depends on many other factors of lifestyle. For giving birth to a healthy child, it is important to stay away from spicy food items and addictive substances during pregnancy period.
Universally it has been proven that the fetus is not just a mindless mass of flesh, but it responds and capable of understanding, receiving information from outside forces. The fetus is an evolving human being that has got full rights to receive optimistic and inspiring feedback or garbha sanskar.
Daily practices of garbha sanskar which are to be given during pregnancy period to the child in the womb are clearly prescribed in the Ayurveda. Not just daily diet taken by expecting mother is mentioned, but routine body care, yoga techniques as well as reading material and instructions are available in Ayurveda. Various subjects of discussion are written along with music and mantras that can be listened to during pregnancy period.
Development of parent-fetus bonding:
Do you know that feelings and thoughts in mind of parents affect babies in the womb on a large level. Until any thought is expressed verbally, it remains in an unexpressed form in mind. At this time, its wavelength is shortest and it has got maximum energy at this level. Selfless and unspoken thoughts bear and transfer maximum sanskar on the fetus.
Effect of music:
Scientifically, it has been proven that the fetus responds to music from 7th months of pregnancy. You would be glad to know that a foetus of 7th month starts hearing from mother’s womb and from the nearby surroundings and responds to them as well. Heartbeat of mother is the first sound the child hears when in a womb because it is the most nearest sound for the baby. This is the reason why a crying child clams down when her mother holds her close to her heart. It is believed that the child in the womb gets energy for the development of his mind and body when an expecting mother listens to the special music. You would be surprised to know that listening to sound of veena (an Indian musical instrument which is held by goddess Saraswati) and flute along with Samveda mantras are very helpful in giving birth to the healthy child at the time of childbirth. Various cassettes and CD’s like ‘Garbha Sangeet’, Garbha Sanskaar: Blessings for the new arrival” are published and can be easily brought by pregnant women from markets.
Lifestyle tips for the pregnant women:
According to Ayurveda, an expecting mother should stay away from movies depicting scenes of violence, horror and murder. This is because these kinds of stuffs can produce a negative effect on the child’s character. Also, expecting mother should live in a company of those people who throw positive influence over her. She can listen to soft music, read positive and self-inspiring books, view beautiful works of art, develop only constructive frame of mind with positive thoughts in her mind and last but not the least contemplate pleasant landscapes.
In Ayurveda, two types of ghees are recommended for mother-to-be. The name of first medicated ghee is ‘kalyanak ghrita’ to be given during 4th, 5th months of pregnancy on daily basis. One tsp of this ghee is widely given to expecting mothers, especially in southern states like Kerala in India. The herbal preparation ‘kalyanak ghrita’ is considered very effective in the development of the mental faculties of a growing fetus. Also, it is very beneficial for development of all body systems in fetal baby. ‘Kalyanak ghrita’ when taken regularly helps in fighting anemia in the mother as well as prevents any kind of congenital abnormalities. Another ghee is ‘Thanka three great’ which is to be taken during the last month of pregnancy i.e. 7th, 8th and 9th months of pregnancy. Regular intake of this ghee promotes complete developments in the fetal body and known to bring good fortunes to the newborn child. It also aids in the full term normal delivery. Both these ghee has got cow’s ghee as their base during their preparation.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO TAKE AN EXPERT ADVICE FOR GARBHA SANSKAR.
I have pregnancy of four months. In my first scan. I got I have multiple gallbladder stones. Is there any remedy to remove this stones except operation? Can you tell me some another way?
I am a 27 years old female. I am constantly suffering from irregular menstrual cycle. I have consulted many doctors but all in vein. Kindly suggest me what should I do ?
2) it occurs due to increased uric acid levels which get deposited into joints, heart, kidneys, every patient with raised uric acid doesn't have gout.
All such patients not having gout need not be treated with uric acid lowering agents.
3) it commonly presents as acute sudden attack of red hot swollen joint, usually base of great toe, to begin with (see photograph below)
4) then patient will have a phase where he/she is completely normal. Later on attacks will be more in number, as disease progress they will be more frequent, the attack will last for longer days, and will spread to other joints
5) gout is not only a disease of joints, but it affects heart and kidneys too. It can kill! also severe disease develops 5-10 years after first attack.
6) that is why gout need to be treated with life long therapy, rather than only few days of therapy as commonly practiced incorrectly.
7) gout patients can have dals. Its a wrong concept and biggest myth in gout to stop dals. You have to anyways take medicine, dals are good for health, no use stopping them.
8) gout its along with their medicine should also consume lot of water (washes uric acid in urine). Should also limit alcohol and red meat (they can be allowed in reasonable quantity, no need of complete stopping, remember its a lifelong commitment:)
9) if you don treat gout properly
- the disease can spread to other joints (see hand joints photographs below), with severe damage to joints (see x-ray)
Hi, I am 25 years old unmarried girl. I have a period problem. My periods have never been regular. sometimes my periods will skip 2-3 months or just be a few weeks late. What could be causing this and what is a safe way to regulate my periods?
What are the risk factors?
The risk factors commonly associated with an increased chance of developing gestational diabetes include:
Person is overweight or obese before pregnancy.
African-american, asian, hispanic, or native american origin.
Age is above 30.
Blood sugar levels are moderately high or pre-diabetic.
History of diabetes in the immediate family.
History of gestational diabetes in previous pregnancies.
Previous delivery of a baby weighing more than 9 pounds.