Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep T. HonnekeriYour feedback matters!
I want to know how to care my heart by excessive and medicines because heart attacked is most popular desires of world.
Sir I am suffering from high blood pressure my age 26 what is reason behind blood pressure in early age and can cure completely by homoeopathy.
A heart attack is usually characterised by the rupture of a plaque which can cause the spread of the cholesterol into the blood stream.
Cardiovascular diseases are a major cause of pain, suffering and death around the world, today. Heart attacks are caused by coronary heart disease. This is caused by the narrowing of the coronary artery when substances like cholesterol block it. If not treated and revived on time, a patient suffering from a heart attack can meet a fatal result.
So how can you prevent a heart attack?
- Cholesterol: We are all affected to some extent by what we eat. It is important to keep a check on your cholesterol, especially if it is on the higher side, so as to prevent a heart attack. Cholesterol is known to directly cause a heart attack, because if applies layer upon layer to the walls of the artery, and chokes them until they cannot handle the pressure any longer. So watch your food intake and bring down the blood lipid or fat levels with proper diet and exercise to alleviate the risk of a heart attack.
- Assess your Risk Factors: So are you at risk of heart disease and possible heart attack? This will very much depend on your medical history and allied ailments. If you are suffering from high cholesterol or even diabetes, your chances of having clogged arteries and a subsequent heart attack may increase manifold. Also, you may have a family history of heart diseases which can increase the risk of such ailments in your case. So, it is wise to assess your risk factors and take measures like regular checkups, medication where required and even other measures like diet and exercise.
- Blood Pressure: To prevent a heart attack, you can also keep your blood pressure in check. Constant spikes and dips can lead to a malfunctioning heart which can weaken the heart muscles and lead to a fatal result like a heart attack. Further, high blood pressure can lead to wear and tear of the inner lining of your blood vessels, which makes it that much more difficult for blood flow and circulation. So keep a blood pressure measuring machine or cuff at home, or visit your doctor regularly to keep tabs on your blood pressure.
While these basic measures can help take care of the immediate and most direct causes of heart attacks, you can also avoid passive and active smoking, and indulge in a good diet with plenty of exercise to keep your heart healthy.
I am 25 year old. My blood pressure has increased from last 2 month. Presently my blood pressure is 160/100. So please tell me the solution for this problem. Please suggest me some home solutions also so that I can control my blood pressure.
Dear Doctor, If one's weight is reduced due to stress or anxiety or depression, the HDL will decrease and LDL will increases. Is it the truth?
Cholesterol is a type of fatty acid that is produced by the liver. The body uses cholesterol to perform various activities such as synthesizing of hormones, bile acid and vitamin D. Ayurveda views it as an important component of the body in terms of lubrication. The Ayurvedic approach of balancing cholesterol is not only to curb the cholesterol amount, but also to strictly control diet so that the secretion of cholesterol can be curtailed. Here are a few Ayurvedic hat-tips that can help to lower cholesterol and restore normal body function of the body:
- Medicago satina: They are better known as Alfalfa and is famous for their ability to deal with artery-related diseases. They are capable of clearing arteries that are congested with cholesterol. They can be consumed daily as a whole or by mixing them in juice.
- Arjuna: Arjuna is yet another powerful Ayurvedic herb that is mighty powerful in dealing with cardiac conditions such as heart blockages, heart attacks etc. The bark of the Arjuna tree can be taken and consumed in the form of powder. They have the capability to dissolve cholesterol and prevent heart blockages. This should be consumed earlier in the morning, before breakfast with lukewarm water.
- Coriander: Coriander is considered to be one of the best herbal diuretic agents. It can revitalize the kidneys and help them perform better in terms of excretion of waste. The kidney, therefore, can flush the excess cholesterol from the body. Coriander can be consumed along with food on a daily basis.
- Garlic: Garlic again has been known to mankind for centuries and is extremely beneficial for people suffering from high cholesterol. Two cloves of garlic on a daily basis can completely neutralize the effect of high cholesterol in the blood. Apart from freeing up arteries, garlic has multiple other health benefits.
- Guggulu: This herb is one of the popular herbs among ayurvedic practitioners for treating high blood pressure and high cholesterol in the blood. They contain guggulsterones, which is known to be an active blocker of bad cholesterol in the blood. Consumption of 25 mg of this substance can make a person totally free from high cholesterol. They can be taken after any meals.
- Holy basil or tulsi: Holy basil is another popular and traditional Indian hub that is extensively used by ayurvedic practitioners to treat high cholesterol in the bloodstream. They can eliminate excess cholesterol through the kidneys. It is used for preparing multiple medicines. It is a proven medicinal herb that is very efficient in dealing with excess cholesterol in the blood. They have the ability to disintegrate cholesterol from the body. 2-3 leaves of tulsi can be consumed on a daily basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.