Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir Ramesh PradhanYour feedback matters!
Blood test was done on 2 day of menstrual cycle Report Say FSH 51.55 miu/ml LH 22.64 mlu/ml Estradiol 18.07 pg /ml is their possible of getting pregnant to me Pls suggest me.
Hey am 35 week pregnant. Today I had done my 9th month scanning.in that 1 layer umbilical cord is rounded by baby. Is that is a problem. I was totally tensed. Pls say a rly.
Hi, This is sex related question. Me and my girlfriend want to have sex. We fortunately got the time for it. We Both are virgin. The problem is her periods can start any day, last time it was 25th of march. So the question is, if we have sex, then does she feel pain more than normal. Is it safe to have sex just before the periods. Please give me suggestion. Thanks for your time.
- prevention of constipation
- prevents colon cancer
- good for diabetic patients
- strengthen bones
- sexual dysfunction
It also helps in venereal diseases also in weight loss. For more tips search for ssohm on google.
Sir/madam, we are married I do not need child for 2 or 3 years with out side effects better solutions tell me pregnancy safe tips tell me sir which time we are doing sex and we are not doing sex safe tell me sir.
I am 30 female and 27 week pregnant. My LFT Report is AST/SGOT =81 and ALP/SGPT =108 So please guide me proper about it. And give me best suggestion.
I'm pregnant having approx 1 week or more I didn't consult an doctor till now. What precautions I have to take in care?
Hi, Sir I am from India Hyderabad I am 29 years old I am getting married next month. I am suffering from PCOD last 7 years and had tried all pathies for the cure but all in vain. My weight is getting increasing, having rashes on my cheeks. I am so worried please help me. How naturally cure the PCOD problem. And how to loss weight.
My Dr. prescribed me vivo conceive f tablet for infertility treatment. So can you tell me side effect of this tablet and is this really help me for my treatment? I search on net for this tablet but can not find anything so I am little bit confuse regarding this tablet.
Pre pregnancy potato consumption and risk of gestational diabetes mellitus
Potatoes are the third most commonly consumed food crop in the world, after rice and wheat.
About 35% of women of reproductive age (that is, aged 19-50) consume potatoes daily, accounting for 8% of daily total energy intake.
The health effects of potatoes are inconclusive, and there have been longstanding debates on the appropriate placement of potatoes in dietary guidance. Nonetheless, the dietary guidelines continue to include potatoes in the vegetable food group and encourage consumption.
Though potatoes are rich in vitamin c, potassium, dietary fiber, and some phytochemicals, unlike other vegetables they can have detrimental effects on glucose metabolism because they contain large amounts of rapidly absorbable starch. Indeed, several epidemiologic studies have linked higher potato consumption to increased concentrations of fasting plasma glucose, insulin resistance, and an increased risk of type ii diabetes mellitus.
Gestational diabetes mellitus (gdm) is a common complication of pregnancy characterized by glucose intolerance with onset or first recognition during pregnancy. Gdm is not only associated with adverse perinatal outcomes, it is also related to increased long-term cardiometabolic risk in both mothers and their offspring.
It is therefore, crucial to identify modifiable risk factors that could contribute to the prevention of GDM.
Previous studies have found that a diet with a higher glycemic index is related to higher plasma glucose and hba1c concentrations during pregnancy and could increase the risk of GDM.
Source: British medical journal.
I just wanted to know that, when should a urine pregnancy test to be done. On which day and how? Please help I have no idea about this.
This message is to the GP I have missed my periods from 11days I am married what do I do please give a reply the day of my period was on 17th.
Hi, I am 20 years old female taking krimson 35 (cyproterone acetate and ethiny estradiol tabs) for treating my hirsutism. I am on my 16th day cycle. I have been getting light brown vaginal discharge for past 3 days and dark brown clots for a day. I am really panicked help me.
I had sex with my g. F unfortunately the condom was broken. Is she get pregnant? Tell me pls sir wen the use of mypill tab. Its 2 and of exposure now. And tell me procedure to check the pregnancy test.
On 3rd feb I had unprotected sex but just for 10 sec I did not ejaculate inside her and next day on 4 feb she took ipill. On 18 feb she got her period for 5 days but in month of march she did not get her period we did not do anything later on we tested and it was luckily negative and now in month of april she got her period from 18th april for 15 days. Can she be pregnant? We are worried. And does ipill is effective to any age whether it be 16-17?
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.