Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir Ramesh PradhanYour feedback matters!
Me and girlfriend had unprotected sex last month on 21st. She took ipill after that however she did get her periods on 7th this month. We did preg test through kits available at drug stores and we did it 4 times. It was positive. Following that we have been taking natural abortion remedies like raw papaya and sesame seeds n fresh parsley leaves tea. Still no signs of periods. I can't take her to a doctor. So got a gestapro mifpristone and mifprostol combined pack. Ideally I should give her 1 mifpristone and wait for 48 hours and let her take the 4 misprostol. Is this the right way and if not please tell me the best way to consume them. Its urgent. Thank you.
I have had a painful itchy right breast for 6 months. Mammogram and physical exam show nothing. Breast lump and underarm tenderness. Is it breast cancer ?I have had a swelling under my right breast.
hi, I am 26 male. My blood group is b+ and my partner's blood group is b-. We are getting married. Are there any complications in having a baby?
The condition of uterine prolapse takes place when the floor muscles (and sometimes, ligaments) of the pelvis region gets stretched overly and then gradually weakens, thus becoming unable to provide adequate support to the uterus. This often leads to the protrusion or the slipping down of the uterus out of the vaginal opening. Though it can affect women of any age, it usually happens to women after menopause, especially those who have already had deliveries out of the vagina.
The weakening of the muscles in the pelvic region is the chief cause that leads to uterine prolapse. Other causes include:
- Natural estrogen loss, especially after menopause
- Gravity effects
- Supportive tissues of pregnancy and childbirth being damaged
- Constant straining over time
- Excessive smoking
- Improper weight - obesity or being overweight
There are a number of varieties of uterine prolapse, of varying severity. In case of moderate to severe uterine prolapse, the symptoms tend to be more pronounced and include a number of prominent symptoms.
- Protruding tissue from the vagina
- Problems in bowel regulation
- Increased lower back pains
- Increased urinary problems, such as leakage or increased retention
- Looseness in the vagina, which may affect your sex life
Usually, these are symptoms which become pronounced in the morning and eventually worsens through the course of the day.
The major risk factors that may increase the risk of being afflicted by uterine prolapse are:
- Multiple pregnancies
- Increasing age
- Past problems relating to the pelvis - including surgeries or accidents
- General weakness in tissues
- Frequently lifting heavy weights
Additionally, there are a number of conditions, such as chronic constipation, obesity or other pulmonary diseases, that may apply excess strain on tissues and muscles of the pelvic region, that accentuates your chances of being afflicted by uterine prolapse.
I am three and half month pregnant I feel headache not in everyday day when I use jhandu blam I feel good that is safe in pregnancy if not what can I do for headache.
Pumpkin seeds are a perfect choice for a healthy snack to munch on during boring afternoons. They are not just tasty, but immensely healthy. These seeds can be called as nutritional powerhouse that are packed with nutrients, which are required for the overall sustenance of health. Some of the most impressive benefits of pumpkin seeds include:
- Magnesium for healthy heart: One-fourth cup of pumpkin seeds contains about half of the regularly suggested intake of magnesium which in turn helps the body in performing a wide range of vital physiological functions. When an individual takes the required amount of magnesium, it boosts the production of ATP, synthesis of RNA molecules, rhythmic pumping of the heart, proper formation of the tooth and bone and relaxation of the veins and vessels carrying blood. It has been shown that eating pumpkin seeds regularly keeps the blood pressure under control and reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke as well.
- Zinc for assisting immunity: Pumpkin seeds are also a good source of zinc, and one ounce of this seed contains about 2 mg of the mineral. Zinc is essential for the body for a host of reasons such as immunity, growth of cells, proper sleep, lifting mood, replenishing the senses and is critical to eye and skin health. It is also known to help in regulating the insulin levels and improving male sexual power. Quite many people around the world do not get the right supply of this beneficial mineral due to mineral depletion of soil, effects of harmful drugs and consumption of plant-based diets. One can consume pumpkin seeds daily to combat common health issues such as cold and flu, depression, skin problems and acne and chronic fatigue.
- Omega-3 fatty acids to control cholesterol: Nuts and seeds including pumpkin seeds are known to be viable sources of Omega-3 fatty acids or alpha-linolenic acid. It is required by all individuals and the body then converts it to the more useful fats called the DHA and EPA. By eating an ounce of pumpkin seeds every day, one can intake an excellent source of good cholesterol.
- Tryptophan for restful sleep: Tryptophan belongs to the amino acid group. This is a protein building block found in abundance in the pumpkin seeds. This tryptophan is converted into serotonin by the body which in turn is transformed into melatonin or the sleep hormone. Those who have trouble sleeping can take a handful of pumpkin seeds along with some fruit pieces right before going to bed to see desirable results. The pumpkin seeds will supply the body with the required amount of tryptophan which will be converted to the sleep hormone and promote a restful sleep all through the night.
The pumpkin seeds can be stored and carried easily and require no refrigeration. Charged with a lot of nutrients ranging from copper to manganese, zinc to protein, pumpkin seeds should be considered as a healthy snack that can regularly be taken to enjoy a host of health advantages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Sir. Doctor confirmed me that my wife is pregnant for 6 weeks 6 days And after doing two ultrasound scans doctor is saying that baby has heartbeat but growth is not as expected. Even baby has 6 weeks6 days growth is like 6 weeks 3 days. Is there any thing to worry please suggest me.
Am in my pregnancy plane In other day when my period date come close I have one pimple in my face My last period date is 12th August My cycle is 28 days My question is if I pregnant may pimple Will come or not?
I had married last 4.5 years but till date not had pregnancy. I had visited doctors also and told everything is good and there is chance to get pregnancy almost 100%. My age is 35 years.
In the last month February i had my period 23 rd but in this month i had 9 Th march is it any problem last Monday i had sex with my hubby later i had m pill medicine to reduce my pregnancy is it any cause to early period to mine
Hello sir I had an unprotected sex with a person 4 months back. Visibly he is healthy and do not have any illness. After 1 month of that incident I developed rashes with itching in my body mainly sides of my naval few over my hands, thighs and back. It looks urticaria when consulted with a friend who is doctor. After 2 weeks I had a flu just for one day and started paining my heels first followed by finger joints in hands and toes. Further this pain felt all my joints especially knee elbow and shoulder. I read in google about psoriatic arthritis symptoms similar to this. I consulted a doctor to show this rash and he was not sure it s psoriasis or else and said me to look for a skin specialist. Further I started ocular pain along with a lack of balance and migraine type head ache. Within 3 weeks these urticaria subsided fully with application of coconut oil only. Still other symptoms like nausea lack of appetite and frequency of bowel evacuation continued. I tested 6 times for hiv elisa within these 4 months and after 3 months 2 times and all results were negative. My blood count shows normal values through out but last time ESR was 29, a bit elevated. I felt fatigue all throughout these days and severely tensed and anxious on my problems. I am scared to consult a physician due to my scared thoughts. What should I do and which speciality I want to consult? My migraine head ache, eye pain and loss of appetite are the current main problems along with weakness. Please give me a good answer or suggestion to get rid off my tension.
I have been married since 3 months. Now we are planning for a baby. My periods started on 25th Nov 2015. Normal cycle lasts for 28 days. Since my hus is working far away from me, could you please tell my ovulation date & the best time to do sex? What all things can we do to make sure that the sperm reach the egg?
Many of my Diabetic people (I won’t call them patient as Diabetes is Lifestyle Disorder ) keep asking me about Bhindi / Ladyfinger and its benefit for Diabetes. So I thought of compiling up this scientific information for all My Sweet people. I hope you all find it useful.
Okra (Ladyfinger) is fast gaining a reputation as a so-called 'superfood' for people with or at risk of Diabetes or Cancer.
WHAT IS OKRA?
They are vegetables commonly used for making soups, stews or as a fried/boiled vegetable.
These tender pods are VERY LOW IN CALORIES, providing just 30 calories per 100 gms, and contain NO SATURATED FATS OR CHOLESTEROL. They are also rich in nutrients, completely Non-Toxic, and have No Adverse side effects.
HOW CAN IT HELP TREAT DIABETES?
Okra having Anti-Diabetic properties has increased in recent years, with multiple studies confirming Okra as a potent blood glucose-lowering (or Anti-Diabetic) food.
When dried and ground okra peels and seeds are consumed they reduced blood glucose levels.
Many people with Diabetes have reported decreasing blood sugar levels after soaking cut-up okra pieces in water overnight and then drinking the juice in the morning, while in Turkey roasted okra seeds have been used as a traditional diabetes medicine for generations.
WHAT'S SCIENCE BEHIND THIS EFFECT?
The SUPERIOR INSOLUBLE FIBREcontained in okra is believed to help stabilize Blood Glucose by SLOWING SPEED OF SUGAR ABSORPTION FROM THE INTESTINAL TRACT.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS
1.Rich in vitamins and minerals.
2.Rich in Antioxidants
3.Preventing and improving constipation
5.Reducing the risk of some forms of Cancer, especially Colorectal Cancer
6.Improving energy levels
7.Improving symptoms of Depression
8.Helping to treat sore throat , ulcers and lung inflammation
TALK TO YOUR DIABETOLOGIST
If you are diagnosed with Diabetes and on medication, check with your Diabetologist doctor that any natural remedies you plan on using are safe alongside prescription medicines (Insulin, Oral Hypoglycemic Medicine etc) before making any changes to your diet and/or treatment.
Thank you for Reading it. I hope it has helped you.
What is woman evaluation period. Best time in intimate when woman pregnancy chance full. Please sugest me. Thanxxcc.
I'm 23 year old and I had my last periods on 11th nov, I had sex on 23 nov. Estimated periods is on 10 Dec. I have dysmonnerhea problem. I'm having cramps in my abdomen from yesterday (7 dec) but bleeding does not starts yet. Had 1-2 drops of pinkish brown discharge. What is the reason behind this? Is there any pregnancy chances.
My wife is 29 week pregnant , doctor asked for ICT teat , I got report and ICT is positive, wanted to know what harm it can do for child.
Indigestion and Constipation: Lemon juice helps to cure problems related to indigestion and constipation. Add a few drops of lemon on your dish (take care, as lemon does not go well with milk), and it will aid in digestion. Lemon acts as a blood purifier and a cleansing agent, so a good drink after lunch or dinner is fresh lemon soda, which is also called fresh lime soda in many places. The recipe is lemon juice, cold water, soda, salts (common salt or rock salt) and sugar/honey for sweetness. You can also add some mint leaves or crushed fennel seeds for added flavor. Drink this whenever you have a heavy lunch or dinner.
Lemon juice can treat a person who is suffering from a cold, flu or fever. It helps to break fevers by increasing perspiration.
Lemon juice is also frequently used in dental care. If fresh lemon juice is applied on the area of a toothache, it can assist in getting rid of the pain. Massaging lemon juice on the gums can stop gum bleeding, while eliminating the bad odors that can come from various gum diseases and conditions.
Additionally, lemon can be used in the regular cleansing of your teeth. Keep your eye out for a toothpaste containing lemon as one of the ingredients, or add a drop of lemon juice onto your normal toothpaste. Some people also rub their teeth with the outer shell (the inner side touching your teeth) of a lemon after removing the juice. But be careful, lemons are highly acidic, so if your mouth starts burning, rinse your gums and mouth quickly with water.
Hair Care: Lemon juice has proven itself in the treatment of hair care on a wide scale. Lemon juice applied to the scalp can treat problems like dandruff, hair loss and other problems related to the hair and scalp. If you apply lemon juice directly on the hair, it can give your hair a natural shine.
Skin Care: Lemon juice, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can also cure problems related to the skin. Lemon juice can be applied to reduce the pain of sun burn, and it helps to ease the pain from bee stings as well. Lemon juice can be applied on the skin for the treatment of acne and eczema. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads. Drinking lemon juice mixed with water and honey brings a healthy glow to the skin, and if you thoroughly search the cosmetic market, you will find some soaps containing lemon juice, but they aren’t too easy to find!
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
- Abdominal x-rays: Abdominal x-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of x-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby's rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby's chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid x-rays until absolutely necessary. X-rays of area other than abdomen if considered essential by your doctor can be performed after wearing an abdominal lead shield.
- Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as foetal alcohol syndrome or fas, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
- Illicit or recreational drugs: Drugs like marijuana, cocaine and other recreational drugs are again absolutely forbidden in pregnancy. These result in birth defects in the unborn child, poor growth and even withdrawal symptoms in the newborn after birth.
- Medicines: As the metabolism of a growing baby is very different from that of an adult, it is very important to be sure of the medicines that you take while pregnant. This is especially true in the first trimester or the first 3 months of pregnancy when the foetus is most vulnerable. Certain medicines are deemed safe for the baby, while some are potentially harmful. Hence one must make sure to consult your doctor before taking any medicine when pregnant.
- Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.