Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sameera GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am suffering from coccyx (tailbone) pain from past 1 year. And now i am really fed up with this pain. Because of this my normal life has been disturbed. Please suggest me some permanent solution on dis. I consulted doc but he said there is no permanent solution.Plz help me out of this.
I am 38 years old female. I have pain under the right foot while walking. What may be the reason? please advise me.
Does severe knee pain caused due to years of over masturbation and poor nutrition in a 20 year old boy need surgery? Doctors have found no issue in x ray of the knee and I am underweight?
I have Sharp pain in the posterior lateral aspect of my right knee, n it increases on running. It is from last 3 years, what should I do?
I am suffering from back pain, I can't hold myself at one point for a long time it gives me a lot of pain, can you please suggest me what should I do?
Aged 62. Height 5 ft. Weight 78 kgs. Suffered from arthritis with knee pain for the last six months. Using Ayurvedic medicine for vata. Still can't walk free. Suggest what to do?
Dear Sir, A little brief about my father. My father is 49 years old. Since 2000 my father started experiencing strength loss in his legs and hands. His age at that time was 31 years. As time passed, his conditions progressed steadily. We went to every best hospitals in India. Every doctor Gave up on him. Now the condition is that he cannot walk 10 steps even on his own. He needs to have support of someone's shoulder to walk and go to the toilet. That's maximum work he does. He cannot sit on floor. His bed is even at certain height which is more than usual beds that we have. If he has to sit, someone has to hold his hand and support his back and make him sit. That to he can only sit for max 1 hr. After that his bank gets stiff and he needs to lie down to straighten it. He cannot comb his hair as he cannot raise his hand that high. There is no pain in any part of his body. Now we are not able to take him to any doctor or hospital as he cannot travel and we not have enough money for the special treatment that he need while travelling. Even doctors have given up on him. I recently posted on a medical site about my father's situation and A Doctor suggested that he might be having SMA. I would be really grateful if there is anything that we have missed or anything that we could do to help him. We would do anything. PLEASE HELP.
Hi my mother recently done with hysterectomy laparoscopy she is getting back pain how should avoid it what king of foods she want to eat please tell me.
My wife is pregnant and she is in her 8th months. She has regular backache and swelling of feet. What to do.
Following the simple tips below can give you a jump-start on improving or maintaining the overall health of your spine:
Develop a regular fitness routine: Try to incorporate resistance training and aerobic and flexibility exercises into your routine.
Lose weight if necessary: Being overweight or obese puts added stress and pressure on the joints in your spine (called facet joints). This can cause the normal wear and tear process to speed up.
Eat healthy, nutritious foods: Base your diet on fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
Take breaks throughout the day: This is especially important if you work at a desk all day. Getting up to stretch every 30 minutes gives your back a chance to recover from the strain of sitting for hours.
Develop good posture: Sitting or standing correctly promotes good back health.
Learn how to lift properly: Lifting correctly can help you avoid excessive strain on your back.
Get plenty of sleep: Aim for 8 hours a night.
Stop smoking: Smoking can accelerate the aging process, which is bad news for your spine.
Avoid heavy use of alcohol: Too much alcohol can lead to dehydration.
There's no sure way to tell if you will completely avoid developing spondylosis, but leading a healthy lifestyle is one of the best ways to prevent spondylosis.
I have been experiencing dull pain on left side of my back and around shoulder from 5 yrs, the pain get more when I take deep breath and it feel like something or some muscle inside is squeezing. I have visited all sort of doctors but all they give is pantoprazole any say its gas and all. Recently I got a full body checkup and have high level of sgot, sgpt, cholesterol. What could be the reason for this problem, kindly help as I am worried.
Hello. My aunt has some obesity problems and she is not able to walk properly due to joint pains, please recommend some tips for better healing. I would be happy if you could help me up with this. Thank you.
I am 20 years old and I have got back pain issues several times and they do get fix within some minutes but pain is very high at that time, please help me.
Joint pain is considered to be one of the first few signs of aging. According to the science of Ayurveda, joint pain is triggered mainly by an accumulation of toxins in the body. These toxins can create an imbalance in the doshas which in turn can cause pain and inflammation on the joints. Along with joint pain, a person is likely to experience a loss of flexibility, weakness, tenderness and enlargement of the joints.
Unlike some popular forms of medication that focus on relieving the pain, Ayurveda addresses the root cause of the issue. Panchkarma aims at cleansing the body of toxins and clearing blockages in the body’s digestive and circulatory system. This helps the vatta dosha flow easily through the body and reduces pain associated with arthritis etc. Panchkarma can be defined as a collection of five ayurvedic techniques. These are:
- Vasti or Medicated Enema: Vasti aims at removing toxins and waste products from the body through the colon. In doing this, it cleanses the digestive channels and improves circulation of air or the vatta dosha in the body. With better circulation, joint pain is effectively reduced. An enema also nourishes the body and gives it the strength to rebuild tissues while boosting the immune system.
- Abhyanga or Full Body Massage: This technique helps I the removal of toxins from deep tissues within the body. It pacifies the vatta and nourishes the body while simultaneously reducing stress and enabling better quality sleep. A full body massage also helps calm the body both physically and mentally.
- Potli or Poultice Massage: As the name suggests, a potli involves massaging the body with medicated herbs tied together in a tiny bundle that has been warmed with medicated oils. This potli is then used to massage the entire body. This technique helps relax the muscles of the body and soothes the aggravated vatta dosha. It is very effective when it comes to providing relief from joint pains caused by arthritis, spondylitis, muscle cramps etc.
- Pizhichil or Rich Oil Massage: A rich oil massage involves subjecting the body to streams of lukewarm oil that has medicinal properties while simultaneously softly massaging the body. This type of massage helps relieve tension and stress and is a very effective remedy against joint pains. It is highly recommended in the case of rheumatic diseases.
- Svedana or Steam Bath: A steam bath helps cleanse the body both physically and mentally by aiding in the removal of toxins through sweat and calming the mind. It also helps soften the muscles and tissues and dilates the channels in the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.