Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Sagar KarvirYour feedback matters!
I have suffered knee injury 1year before. They have provided me leg cast after removal and having physiotherapy of 6months. Now I can walk, jump run. But still their is swelling in my knee?
Hi sir I am banana balayya shanker from ooty working as software developer so daily eight hours I am had to sitting chair post 8 months so im suffering with back pakn I used many tablets it can't work please help me if available please provide contact numbers.
Frozen shoulder is a condition where the patient encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for several weeks. Inflammation around the shoulder increases the inability to move or stretch properly. This happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder can also occur when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs if someone is recovering from surgery or experiencing joint pain. It may also be experienced as a symptom of thyroid, joint disorders or diabetes.
Some of the causes and risk factors for creating a frozen shoulder are as follows:
- If you are 40 years or older, your chances of a frozen shoulder are higher than others
- Recovering from a damage or surgery
- Hormonal imbalance
- Ladies are more prone to a frozen shoulder
- Cervical disc infection that influences the nerves around the shoulder
- Not moving your arm because of other pain or wounds
- Having a previous medical condition like diabetes or other heart diseases
- Open-heart surgery or spinal surgeries
- Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle
The most widely recognized symptoms of a frozen shoulder include:
- Stiffness around the shoulder: this usually happens in one shoulder at a time (not both) and will probably return in the same shoulder. Muscle, joint and bone agony in and around the shoulders or arms may be experienced.
- Restricted scope of movement
- Having difficulty moving and using the shoulders or arms ordinarily, (for example, experiencing difficulty in getting dressed, driving, holding objects before you, and gestures.)
- Stretch the Shoulder: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder by doing a few warm up exercises. This will improve the blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries by making your body more comfortable with the motion. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
- Non-intrusive treatment: While these activities mentioned above can be easily performed at home, if pain continues and makes it difficult to move around or work ordinarily, see a physiotherapist who can appoint particular activities and can enhance your scope of movement, flexibility and strength.
- Dietary Supplements: Various supplements can be taken with the recommendation of a doctor, in order to improve recovery. Alfaifa (horse feed) and turmeric are two of the most regularly recommended elements that relieve swelling and repair the tissue in the shoulder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
My wife works in a bank and travel with public transport around 1: 30 hours to reach office and back to home. After reaching home , she suffer saviour pain on lower part of legs (gastrocnemius muscle, ankle). Is it due to too much travel or something else. Do I need to consult a doctor or any specialist for this.
Hi Last two months my left elbow given problem doctor say it's tennis elbow problem please what I do.
Hi Dr. My age is 33 Male my problems is morning heel pain last 1 year muscle spams fatigue I have no sugar .last One year back my vitamin D3 level 11 ng/ml normal range is 30-100 my Dr. advice d rise but my problem is same .my recently vitamin d3 level is 62 pg/ml can I continue d rise please advice.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.
I feel pain in my both feet including heel whenever I get up from sleep and start walk. What may bed the reason.
I m suffering from a back pain when I eat food then my back pain is start what I do sir please consult me that what I do.
Hello sir iam a junior athlete 6 month later my right leg just slipped during the time of work out Now the problem is small pain in right leg joint.
I am 64 years old male 5'9. Of 84Kgs. Since last 18 years suffering with diabetics. I tokk injection and medicines, but I am not a regular food taker timely but my meals are very limited. Some times due to my business commitment I force to take cool drinks, and fruitjuices. Every day I use to monitor my sugar level F and PP as average 120-150 and 185-240 respectively. Now I felt body pain, hungryless, sometimes VERTIGO, Joint pain, knee pain and very series foot burning, shockness, numness and calf muscle nerve pain while lying in the bed. How to sort it out. Please advice me. Six month back I use to apply CATRIPLINE ointment for my foot problem, now it is suspend for sale, alternatiely CATRIPLINE-C is available, I tried, but no use for my problem, Is any alternative/substitute is available?
I have got severe right shoulder n neck pain protruding at back side n right Breast. It is unbearable pain. I m not able to make out whether it is because of Breast or shoulder joint pain. Waiting for your reply.
2 week before, I got minor friction of a fibre material on a foot, there was swelling till last week. Fortunately theres no fracture. But now there is some balloon like swelling it might be blood clotting. What should I do? Should I wait for some time to recover it naturally?
The American Podiatric Medical Association says possible causes of heel pain include:
Heel spurs, which are bony growths that develop on the heel.
Inflammation of the fascia, known as plantar fasciitis.
Excessive pronation, or inward tilt of the foot as you walk.
Achilles tendinitis, in which the tendon at the back of the foot becomes inflamed.
A deformity, injury or chronic disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis.