Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sagar Karia
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sagar KariaYour feedback matters!
On 4th April 2015 I got an Epilepsy attack in morning around 5 A.M. My wife told me that whole body got folded and after Epilepsy I was feeling vomiting issues. After 5 days I realized that some sound is coming from my mind or Ear I do not know but it is coming continuously. Till then I have contacted many Neuro /ENT .Some one says its Tinnitus and I have started medicine. Epilepsy : Encorate Chrono 500 MG two times (Regularly). For Tinnitus : Bilovas and rejunex cd. Some of my friends have told that you are not taking correct medicine for Epilepsy so you are hearing this sound as an side effect. I am not sure because all 3 Neuro doctors have prescribed me same medicine for Epilepsy. Kindly suggest me that if this can be the case or not. I am really confused and getting depressed / anxiety issues now.
I am 35 years old woman. I have been suffering from anxiety from the past few years but when it was unbearable for me to tolerate then I went to gp. That happened two years before. He gave me anti depressants and anti anxiety medicine. I am now regularly under his guidance. Now he lessened my dose of medicines. I am able to get anxiety under control when I take medicines. I used to get negative thoughts and false images in my brain. After taking medicine they have gone. Is there any advise. Will I have to take medicine for life long. How can I control my anxiety and pulse rate apart from medicines.
Dear Doctor, As I am suffering with severe anxiety, severe nervousness since 15 years. I am getting nervous and anxious for very small things. During such situations my mind is blocking, palpitation also occurs, I unable to writing during shivering also, in such situations I can't do any thing. In addition to that I have a problem of preejaculation during intercourse, in all respects I am feeling not well. Kindly advise us which treatment is better for the problem for immediate relief.
Hello sir, Am only of 16, years but hav voice like 40-50, years old men. Very heavy and vibrated. Am suffering from this by nov. 2015. I want to be a gud singer but voice stopping and decreasing my confidence. please help me to improve and thin my voice acc. To my age.
I am having lot of stress in my life regarding money and related elements. But I have a good urge for sex especially when someone describes his or her sex experience or describing scenes of porn videos. I get good erection also by that time and penis getting rigid. But when come to real sex I do not get that much erection and sometimes difficult to penetrate also. After inserted inside vagina I feel some more better erection. My wife like to do sex by lying me on bottom and stroking by herself from top. Due to the soft erection of my penis at the beginning she is unhappy. How can I attain a strong erection always throughout sex?
I smoke and drink regular I think because of this I regularly suffer from serious throat infection Which is very painful then usually I take antibiotics tablet for that.
From many days he is forgetting many things like what he said before, or the name of new person, or whom to call etc, Not totally but a very little. Is this because of any stress or tension? Or any thing serious? And how to overcame with it?
Ending one’s life is terrible. But often, instead of analysing the patient’s mental condition at that time, we tend to judge them. The most common cause for suicides is undoubtedly depression. Adverse social or financial conditions often contribute to the mental condition of patients. However, a recent paper published in the journal Neuropsychopharmacology might change the way we think about suicides. Lena Brundin and her co-workers have come to the conclusion in the paper titled “Role of inflammation in suicide: from mechanism to treatment,” that our immune system can trigger off suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Let us find out how.
- There is proof that certain medicines that are used to treat cancer patients can affect the immune responses. This in turn can trigger off suicidal tendencies.
- Certain injuries can lead to brain disorders which are related to inflammatory responses that might be responsible for some changes in behaviour often leading to suicidal thoughts.
- Just like certain medications trigger of suicidal thoughts, there are some that might diminish them like Lithium. It is used to treat bi-polar disorder. What it does is decrease immune related chemicals. Another drug has proved to be very effective in reducing suicidal thoughts and tendencies – Ketamine. Ketamine, like Lithium, has been found to block certain chemicals that are related to immune response.
- Though the whole topic is still under extensive research, it can perhaps be concluded that certain drugs have the ability to lessen suicidal thoughts and depression because they block some chemicals that are related to immunity.
The suicidal mentality is very complex. It requires not just medicines, but counselling, empathy, love and understanding. Often, many patients cannot come out of their depression, resulting in therapy sessions that are fruitless. In those cases, medicines that might reduce the negative thoughts and moods will come handy. It will help the patient initially to deal with the situation and start with a lot of positivity. Every year, almost one million deaths occur due to suicide. Not only does it leave behind survivors who attempt to kill themselves but also broken families that struggle to get over the death. If this research is successful, several people will benefit from it, all over the world. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 29 year old married women. From last few days I am feeling something cheek in my throat. Also I feel tension in my back muscle and chest pain. Also I feel very low and tiered. After marriage I found myself tensed and it increases day by day. My husband's dad has cancer and I feeling fear of cancer all the time. I dont talk much now I feel difficulty to sleep. I wake up late. I feel low all the time. Also I have gained 11 kgs in last 1 year. Please advise what kind of problem I am suffering.
Stress affects every part of your life including your love life. If you’re feeling too overwhelmed and tense, chances are that you’re libido and appearance will suffer. Studies have shown that being stressed increases the production of cortisol in the body, which makes you less appealing to members of the other sex.
Stressful life circumstances such as not enough money to pay the bills, family members with health problems or figuring out who will do what of the too-much work of running a home clearly can create stress in relationships. At the same time, how a couple talks over these stressful problems either reduces or magnifies the tensions caused by the initial problem. Marriage arguments are the last thing you need when you're already trying to deal with a tough situation.
Take a look at five ways stress can affect your love life.
- It changes your perception of the relationship: Being under stress makes you irritable and snappy. Relationships exposed to high levels of stress most often turn negative with time. This is because stress alters our perception of reality and understanding of people. When you’re stressed, you tend to focus more on what’s wrong with the relationship than what’s right. This can lead to an increase in conflicts between partners.
- It lowers your confidence: For any relationship to work, you must first love yourself. Stress causes self-doubt and lowers your self-confidence. If you’re looking to start a relationship, this can increase your inhibitions in talking to new people or going on a date. If you’re already in a relationship, this lowered self-confidence can lead to problems in bed.
- It affects your appearance: Stress affects not only your emotional and mental frame of mind but your physical state as well. Being under stress to perform can result in binge eating and make you put on weight. Stress itself increases the production of cortisol in the body which in turn makes the skin secrete more oil. Stress can also cause brittle nails and hair loss. Stress also lowers your energy levels and makes you withdraw from social life.
- It lowers your sex drive: Stress makes it difficult to focus on anything other than whatever is troubling you. It has a direct connection to your libido; the higher the stress, the lower your libido. For men this can lead to erectile dysfunctioning while for women it can reduce the amount of natural lubrication produced and make sex uncomfortable.
- It can suppress fertility: Cortisol can also prevent women from ovulating. This can lower your chances of conceiving a child. this is noticed especially in cases of sudden spikes in stress levels and varies from woman to woman. It can also cause fertility problems in men.
The good news is that stress can easily be managed to improve your love life. Meditating and exercising are two effective stress busters that can enhance your love life. Doing this along with your partner not only helps reduce stress but can also bring you closer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.