Critical Care Procedures
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Quit Smoking Techniques
Psychotherapy For Couples
Manual Therapy Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Anger Management Therapy
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Psychoanalysis for Mourning
I lost same body close lost year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
Schizophrenia is a disease of the mind that is usually degenerative in nature. The complex disorder is generally characterized by symptoms, such as delusions, hallucinations (both auditory and visual) and disturbances in speech and is usually chronic in nature. The symptoms are not regular and can appear at any point of time. So it is highly possible that a person suffering from schizophrenia may sometimes bear resemblance to any other normal person and all of a sudden, might exhibit symptoms typical of Schizophrenia.
The causes of Schizophrenia include:
- Brain Dysfunction: Abnormalities in the cerebral cortex (the cerebrum’s outer covering that is vital in regulating consciousness) of the brain is the most common cause of this disorder. This is due to the presence of abnormally enlarged ventricles in that region. The decreased brain size owing to the enlarged ventricles is often related to the hallucinations and delusions experienced by schizophrenics.
- Genetic Factors: Studies have also stated ‘genetics’ to be an important cause behind this disorder. Closer the family ties, higher the risks of transmitting the disorder.
- Biochemical Factors: More than one neurotransmitter is being targeted by recent drugs to control schizophrenia.
Symptoms which most people do not experience normally, but are found in people diagnosed with schizophrenia are said to be positive symptoms. They are:
- Hallucinations: These are sensory experiences of things that do not exist outside the mind. Hallucinations usually manifest in the form of auditory or visual images.
- Delusions: Delusions on the other hand are false beliefs one has about oneself. Delusions are of 3 major types:
- Grandeur: Wherein the person imagines himself to be a famous personality
- Persecution: The belief that somebody somewhere is plotting against you and the whole world is going to get you.
- Control: The belief that a larger force, let’s say a witch, a demon or even a duck for that matter is controlling your actions.
These positive symptoms generally respond well to medications.
In addition to this, schizophrenics think and speak differently than the rest of the society. They jump from idea to idea, lose track of speech mid-way and often speak in fragmented and haphazardly joined sentences. They are, in fact, unable to fix their attention on anything in particular.
Examples of the most common negative symptoms include:
- The flat effect: The individual basically shows no facial expression and always has a flat emotionless mask on while staring into space. At times, they have inappropriate reactions to situations. Example - they might laugh at somebody's death and cry ad get angry when something good happens.
- Avolition: This condition occurs when the individual just sit for hours doing nothing as well as behaves in a way lacking any motivation or enthusiasm.
Sir I am 22 years old male. I was suffering from depression from past 6 yrs. Usually this stress starts like I have psoriasis for past 8 years I was thinking about that when it will cure I causes me more stress. I can't able to come out from stress. I can't able to think and to speak properly with other. Due to this I was addicted to masturbating daily. How to get relief from this stress. I saw in Internet that the left handers usually fall in depression .I am left handers whether it is true sir. How to get solutions from this problem sir.
Madam since I'm suffering from 3 months when I sit for more than 1 hour my pain is very severe I can't concentrate on my studies please help me.
Diagnosed with ocd .on daxid 250 mg, sizodon 0.5 mg once in the night and twice in the morning and ativan 1.25 mg in bits and pieces depending on when I feel agitated and feel a searing pain in my legs and an intense feeling of helplessness.in the morning I feel very down and have to have a bit of ativan to feel normal and the searing pain dies down .I have the two sizodon 0.5 mg and one David 100 before I go to office. Towards the end of office I feel uneasy and before sleep I have 100 mg daxid and one sizodon 0.5 mg. I am forced to take half a daxid I.e 50 mg early in the morning at about 4 to feel normal. I do not think the combination is working effectively .can you suggest a better combination which removes this low feeling and this feeling of agitatedmess and my down cast hopelessness mood. And this searing pain in my legs.
Suffering from anxiety frm last 1 year having palpitation hot flashes n headache under medication of zapiz 0.5 mg n veniz de 75 at nyt bt wen I dnt take medicine d problem starts again fear or nt taking medicine do suggest ne wat shall I do.
I suffer from depression for a long time, feel stressed most of the time with frequent bouts of severe panic. I have become very timid and withdrawn that I have been facing a diminishing financial profile, worsening relations and naturally a target of predatory minds many times. It is so debilitating that I can't finish my masters degree and totally dysfunctional that I couldn't do simple things let alone pursue a career and have a family. I was among the toppers in my school till plus two, highly motivated and popular with great expectations in my extended relations and friends for my talent including that in fine arts. I had to go through Meningitis subsequently along with demise of my Grandma who had been the pillar of strength after the sudden death of my mom. The events took a nose dive since then with education taking backseat and my failing to cope with peer pressure in education. I have severe aversion to food and disturbed sleep pattern which make the condition even worse. I have been on medication for the past 24 years, I think I became psychologically and physically dependant on those medicines with their adverse effects getting more potent by the day. I'm single with almost no close relatives and with very few friends need to know if there are any treatments with prognosis however little good it is? I am completely disenchanted with life and having ideas of suicide getting more frequent gaining strength by every passing momentThank you.
Hi I am 40 years old and I was having a mild depression for which I was taking the medicine pari cr .25 with one supplement for the last 1 years but gradually I stopped taking these medicine for the 7 to 8 months approx I was feeling perfectly ok but for the last three four days I am not feeling comfortable as again the fear is there in my mind or is it the anxiety I am not figuring it out and I don't want to start these medicines again can anybody suggest me some natural way to curb this feeling helpless pls suggest.
How can I improve my concentration power. Facts are not easily remberd by me. Smtm I even forget that what I hav read in morning.
I am 23 and these days my memory is getting very weak, I am not able to retain anything. I do lots of over thinking. I feel stress and very low. How to overcome this problem. Please help me out.
My friend is becoming addicted to alcohol nowadays. He started to drink often like monthly 6 to 7 times. Is it okay? Or will it affect the health. How to make him get rid of it?
Hi i am Seriously suffering from Depression . Various symptoms like negative thoughts excess or very less sleep and appetite pretending to b bold emotionless and positive from outside very week and negative emotional from inside. Excessive cry for hours try to harm self mood swings lack of concentration and many more.
She is declared Major Depressive Disorder already she has a Thyroid patient. Sudden Anger happen always talk about death no more energy please help me out how can I treat her pls.
Due to over torcher, what happens to normal human and probably after loosing their temper whether they will become mental or depression?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mood disorder that affects one's interaction and relationships with others. It generally develops during adolescence and persists into adulthood. It has been seen that those with a traumatic history of neglect or emotional, physical or sexual abuse are more prone to developing it. Though it affects people varyingly, these are some symptoms that help diagnose BPD.
1. Emotional instability - Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
2. Disturbing thoughts - One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
3. Impulsive behavior - Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.
4. Intense but unstable relationships - Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones.