Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. S. S. LullaYour feedback matters!
Feeling negative many a times. Thinking I will not be able to succeed. Even I do know that I can. But feeling of failure always overcome the other. How to get rid of it.
I smoke weed everyday and my weight is reducing very fast I can't stop smoking it and I need to gain weight back again.
I turned 18 this september and I have been going through maladaptive daydreaming since 2 years. I am thereby not able to concentrate on my studies and I just keep on imagining. I have researched for so many times on internet and concerned various doctors. Please help.
How to stop my addiction of beer I am drinking weekly thrice. So will any help. I am 27 age not married.
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
1. Age-12 months
a. It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
b. Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
2. Age-15-18 months
a. If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
b. You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
c. If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
3. Age-2-4 years
a. You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
b. Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
c. If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
1. A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
2. Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
3. The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
4. There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Every person has different ways of expressing emotional love to their romantic partner. There are 5 basic ways in which people express their love. Knowing your and your partners' preferred style of expressing and receiving love, can save many relationships from turning sour.
1. ACTS OF SERVICE: You might be telling your partner how much you love them, but they are expecting some action on those words. Doing odd jobs like helping around the house, dropping the children to school, paying the bills can go a long way in helping the relationship going to the next level of intimacy. Your partner may just prefer to get some extra help from you to acknowledge that you love them.
2. WORDS OF APPRECIATION: You would have noticed that your partner puts in a lot of hard work to make 2 ends meet or get the house in order. Just noticing is not enough. Let them know how much you appreciate their effort in making your life comfortable and peaceful. Words like Thank You for putting the kids to bed, You really worked hard for us to be able to go on this vacation.Such words cost nothing, but the effect on your partner can be enough to earn you some brownie points. Remember to come across as genuine and not forced.
3. RECEIVING GIFTS: Seema always felt appreciated when her husband gave her a gift. But her husband Raj, didn't know that. His "I Love You" didn't make any sense to Seema and she felt unloved. When Raj discovered that his wife preferred gifts over words of appreciation, his married life became much smoother than before. Showing sensitivity to your partners' preferred language of love can help you bridge the communication gap too.
4. QUALITY TIME: Some people just like to spend time together just talking. Most men pride themselves at reading the newspaper, watching TV and listening to their wives all together. But that is not enough for her. Just listening and holding a conversation with her and looking at her eyes to show that you are there for her can fill her tank of love for that day. A sure shot way to impress your partner. If your husband is a sports person, then tagging along to his sports club and showing interest or playing his sport will win you his love and attention. Make sure that you are not chatting on the mobile while he regales you with his stories of winning the game.
5. PHYSICAL TOUCH: We have long known the emotional power of touch. A warm touch, hug, or a kiss can melt any person. If your partner responds better to this expression of love then this will be your route to winning their heart. Sexual intercourse, holding hands while walking together and keeping a hand on the shoulder are all expressions of physical touch.
So become that scientist and discover what is your language of love and which language works best for your romantic partner and see your love blossom.
Click on private chat if you want to know more.