Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. S. Lulla
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. S. S. LullaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old male and I am suffering from depression from my job because of Sale pressure and breakup with my life partner, Kindly suggest What to do?
Sir I'm 25 years old. I'm love failure. Im very stressed and even shivering of my hands and body. So what to do.
I'm 25 years old. Due to the daily stressful work I used to forgot the things easily (1) and The main problem which am facing is compared with student life I used to crack the problems easily but as of now I used to take more time to solve a problem (2). What I meant to say is I'm feeling exhausted when I try to find a logic to a problem. Please help me out. I don't have any issues with the sleeping usually I take 6-7 sleep daily.
I am having a cracking sound in my ears only when swallowing with no other symptoms I believe because while smoking I inhaled some smoke through my nose.
Hi from past 7 months I'm feeling very much depressed. I feel no point of living and wanna put end to my life. But I know it's not correct and tried putting myself busy though unable to overcome. Now a days I'm feeling very much weak n always lying on bed. Feeling uninterested on anything. And I'm getting lots of giddiness. Please suggest me how can I come out of it.
Hello sir/mam, There is a problem with me, I am just 24 years old, and at this age I have a memory problem, I forgot many things, can you tell me what kind od medicine I take for this problem.
I am 31 years old I can't speak confidently with contact of others eyes. I afraid. I can't understand what's the problem is this. What to do?
The first question when you greet somebody is 'how are you' and this often refers to our state of well-being. While most answers would be great, awesome or good, we usually think of how we are doing physically. While some of us may talk about physical conditions (say things like feverish, have a cold, etc.), not many would think of talking about mental health conditions. However, mental health is very important for overall well-being.
Can you think of someone who is severely depressed or anxious all the time and have a good physical health? Chances are very bleak, and if you consider the overall health as a mix of mental and physical balance, this is not possible. Read on to understand how important mental health is and why you should start paying more attention to it.
- Improved physical health: If someone is in a stressed state, it is obvious that they would not be able to do the activities they enjoy. Being affected mentally also leads to reduced immunity and sleep disturbances, making the person prone to infections and other disorders. Stress is one of the main risk factors for chronic medical conditions like heart disease and diabetes.
- Improved prognosis: Most often, doctors focus on treating the physical aspects of a person’s health. However, with recent emphasis on mental health, more and more doctors are looking at wholesome measures to improve a person’s health. Results show that when a person’s mental health is also addressed, the physical ailments respond very well.
- Improved productivity: People with unattended mental health disorders often resort to absence from work and/or school, can have financial instability, be homeless and can fall repeatedly. Being mentally healthy provides overall changed perspective of life and therefore improves productivity.
- Improved personal relationships: Children of people affected with mental illness are prone to neglect, abuse, rejection, and behavioural issues. There is also social isolation, which may lead into adulthood, and these children may also have emotional health problems. Others in the close circle including spouses, siblings, parents, close friends and colleagues would be clearly affected by a person who is mentally unhealthy.
- Social effects: These people are highly prone to social crimes like rape, murder, theft, violence, etc. They may not be able to afford their treatment and/or resort to these crimes to assert themselves.
- Improved quality of life: Life expectancy is higher in people who are mentally healthy. Even with mild symptoms of anxiety and depression, this is reduced, and the chances of a happier, healthier life are reduced.
Whatever the effect, mental health needs to be addressed as equally as we do physical problems, using medications, counselling, or lifestyle changes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.