Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Raina
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. S RainaYour feedback matters!
I wad detected with Prostate Cancer in Nov '15 (PSA 41 - Gleason 9 - T3N0M0) and underwent 28 sittings radiation followed by quarterly Hormone Therapy (inj Eligard 22.5).Post radiation PSA checked in Mar '16 was down to 1.60 and when checked in June '16 down to 1.20.Hormone Therapy to lat 2 years- Your expert views about treatment and condition requested. Thank You.
He feels burning sensation at the tip of his penis while urination. Specially after sex. Once he had suffered from ghanorea also Kindly suggest something.
Hi sir meri age 18 years hai mujhe bar bar bathroom aata hh panni piye bina thora thora Maine ultrasound krvaya hh sb kuch normal hh aur urine test bhi krvaya hh wo bhi normal hh aur sugar bhi test krvai hh wo bhi normal hh phir kya bimari ki wajah s pisab aata hai please answer in Hindi sir.
My penis not wirk in day time its only work in night and morning till before going toilets. After toilets its not work. I want make better sex anytime with my girlfriend. So please give me good solution.
My son is 8 years old. He is having a habit of peeing in night on bed. Please suggest how to get rid of this habit?
I am 21 years old male, problem is after I pee it feels that I want to use washroom again within 1-2 min, and most off time when I sit or walk quickly after I pee one or two drops just comes out ?
Involuntary and sudden urine loss in women is termed as urinary incontinence. Some of the contributory factors to urinary incontinence are menopause, pregnancy and childbirth.
There are seven types of urinary incontinence.
- Stress incontinence: If normal physical movements like sneezing, coughing and exercising cause small amounts of urine to leak out, it is called 'stress incontinence'.
- Urge incontinence: If large amounts of urine leak out during unexpected and at odd times, like during sleeping, it is called 'urge incontinence'.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination, along with urge incontinence or not.
- Functional incontinence: If external deterrents or physical disabilities like not being able to find a toilet, leads to sudden leakage of urine, it is called 'functional incontinence'.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage. This is called 'overflow incontinence'.
- Mixed incontinence: Whenever urge and stress incontinence occur together, it is categorized as 'mixed incontinence'.
- Transient incontinence: When urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations like infections or new medications, it is called 'transient incontinence'.
Urinary incontinence is not a disease; it is a symptom. Infections, diabetes, or other medical conditions can cause incontinence. If incontinence is temporary, the causes might be any or all of the following:
- Urinary tract infection
- Over consumption of alcohol
- Too much caffeine intake
- Consuming carbonated drinks
- Decaffeinated coffee and tea
- Use of artificial sweeteners
- Foods which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
- Corn syrup
- Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
- High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
However, if incontinence is persistent, the symptoms might be different:
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, hormonal changes and weight gain in the body can cause incontinence.
- Childbirth: Normal vaginal delivery weakens muscles that control the bladder, thus leading to incontinence.
- Age: The bladder muscles weaken with age which, in turn, affects the bladder urine holding capacity.
- Menopause: The levels of "oestrogen" hormone drop with the onset of menopause. Oestrogen keeps the lining of the urethra and bladder healthy. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues leads to incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The bladder and uterus are supported by the same ligaments and muscles. Surgery deteriorates the pelvic floor muscles, thus removing the uterus can lead to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal urine flow. This causes overflow incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, brain tumours, strokes or spinal injury can cause incontinence. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!