Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rustham SoonawalaYour feedback matters!
1) if the medicine worked for your neighbor: it may not work on you. Yes, it is not absolutely ok to take a medicine as it treated your neighbor or friend or a relative.
2) a disease or a defection need stages of medication: Any diseases should be treated on levels of medication depending on the severity. Using a medicine without understanding the condition of the disease will destroy your immune system.
3) side effects self medication can not only aggravate your illness but also lead to other complications.
4) names remain same but composition varies you may know what the medicine is but you do not know that the composition of the drug/medicine varies which if taken affects your system.
5) skin creams: a dangerous experiment beautifully projected commercial ads attract you and drive you to purchase and try it on until you realise after usage that your skin gets irritated with it. Beware without a proper understanding of how your skin is, you cannot use over the counter creams and try it on.
6) overdose not knowing how much and when to be taken, the medication can lead to over dosage disturbing your entire internal system.
7) medical store sellers: they are not doctors it is highly seen that medical store sellers are asked by patients for medicines. Remember that the medication given by such people lead to side effects as they least know about your medical history and physical condition.
She is pregnant now, 9 months. We have different rh type of blood. Am A+ and she is o-ve, when consultant with gynecologist, they advise to take an injection before delivery. Is it need? Can I have your advise.
I am a 25 years old female with history of pcos, im not on any medications, there's significant coarse hair growth on my chin and mybteasts are underdeveloped. Can it be helped? Can breast growth happen after 25, non surgically, can hair growth be stopped?
Me n my frnd had sex last month, period is 2 days late. I want to abort the child if m pregnant. Give d names of sm medicine which ll help in aborting d child in home only. please hlp.
My menstrual circle is not correct. Some times it comes once in 3 months. What can I do for a healthier regular menstrual cycle? Pls advise me some medicines.
Sir mera period khatm hone k 2 din baad sex kiya sperm kya koi chance hai pregnent hone kaa net p dikha rha hai ki period k 10 din k andar sex karne p pregnency kaa koi chance nhi hota hai.
I have pcod ever since menses started. May ge because of poor diet. I have now started taking it seriously and taking ayurvedic medicines. Is ayurveda successful in pcod treatment?
Actually she had sex with her partner without using protection and now her test is positive And her age is just 18 n her partner is 19 Nobody else now about it not even their parent's And what should they do to avoid this pregnancy.
The gall bladder, which sits just below the rib cage to the right of the stomach, is very tender to touch. It is a little sac or storage compartment for bile, which is produced by the liver. The gallbladder emits bile into the small intestines via a duct referred to as the cystic duct. The entire process is meant to break down foods (namely fatty foods).
Gallbladder attack symptoms may include one or more of the following:
- Pain in the back right shoulder blade: Sometimes, pain radiates through to the back shoulder blade on the right side or in the middle between the shoulder blades. This is pain from the gallbladder affecting the back of the shoulder. This back shoulder blade chest pain is one of the most common yet unknown symptoms of a gallbladder disorder. This can come and go or be constant. It may be sharp, excruciating or dull. It may also occur especially at night. A gallbladder attack will typically last for one to four hours.
- Pain in the stomach: The most common symptom of a gallbladder problem is pain. This pain usually occurs in the mid to upper-right section of your abdomen. It can be mild and intermittent, or it can be quite severe and frequent. In some cases, the pain will begin to radiate to other areas of the body, including the back and chest.
- Nausea or Vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms among all types of gallbladder problems. But only a chronic gallbladder disease may cause digestive problems, such as acid reflux, gas, nausea, and vomiting.
- Diarrhea: Having more than four bowel movements a day for at least three months may be a sign of chronic gallbladder disease.
- Fever or Chills: An unexplained fever may signal that you have a bile duct infection. If you have an infection, you need treatment before it worsens and becomes dangerous. The infection can become life-threatening if it's allowed to spread to other parts of the body.
- Unusual Stools or Urine: Lighter-colored stools and dark urine are possible signs of a common bile duct block.
Infertility is characterized by the inability to get pregnant even after unprotected intercourse for over a year. Repeated miscarriages along with other factor can often be the reason behind infertility in women.
Probable causes of Infertility in Women:
The most common cause of infertility in women is an abnormal uterus. Congenital flaws, such as septate uterus can lead to repeated miscarriages. The normal pH level of the uterus is approximately in the range of 6.6 to 7.6. So a pH level below or above this range can lead to an abnormal uterus.
Ovulation defects (such as the eggs not properly maturing in the ovaries or the ovaries not releasing mature eggs) are other causes as well.
Another possible cause is Endometriosis, a condition wherein the tissues which line the inner walls of the uterus start to grow on the outsides of the uterus, such as in the pelvis or the abdomen.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), a condition wherein the ovaries become enlarged with tiny cysts growing on them, is another important cause for infertility. Hormonal imbalances are at the root of this condition.
A block or damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent the sperm to properly fertilize the egg thus, leading to infertility.
Unhealthy lifestyle habits such as obesity or being underweight, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking and not following a healthy diet are other important causes of infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Health benefits of coconut water:
1. Rehydrates the body:
Coconut water is an excellent thirst quencher to beat tropical summer thirst. Because of its electrolyte composition, coconut water is also used to rehydrate the body in case of dehydration and fluid loss due to diarrhea, vomiting or excessive sweating. A good source of carbohydrates, it also helps lift your energy level.
Research suggests that coconut water can be used to rehydrate the body after exercise. In fact, a 2012 study published in the journal of the international society of sports nutrition found that coconut water has a similar positive effect as sports drinks.
In addition to boosting rehydration, coconut water is also easy on the stomach and thus is used to soothe tummy troubles like indigestion, acid reflux and gastroenteritis.
2. Lowers blood pressure:
Coconut water is considered good for controlling high blood pressure, thanks to its vitamin c, potassium and magnesium content. Potassium, in particular, helps lower blood pressure by balancing out the negative effects of sodium.
A study published in the west indian medical journal in 2005 also found that coconut water helps control hypertension.
To help reduce high blood pressure, drink a cup of fresh coconut water twice a day. Bottled coconut water, however, may not be very beneficial as may be high in sodium.
3. Heart tonic:
Cholesterol- and fat-free tender coconut water offers cardioprotective benefits. It helps lower low-density lipoprotein (ldl or the 'bad' cholesterol) and increase high-density lipoprotein (hdl or the 'good' cholesterol) levels, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
According to a 2012 study published in the journal of medicinal food, both tender as well as mature coconut water have beneficial effects on lipid metabolism to counteract increased total cholesterol, very low-density lipoproteins (vldl), ldl and triglycerides.
Plus, coconut water has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiplatelet properties and helps improve circulation. Thus, it helps reduce plaque formation in the arteries and lowers the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
4. Relieves hangovers:
Coconut water is also a great natural remedy for hangovers. Alcohol robs your body of hydration and this dehydration causes your morning-after booze blues. Coconut water replenishes the electrolytes in the body and boosts hydration, thus making you feel better.
Also, the antioxidants in this revitalizing health drink fight oxidative stress caused by indulging in too much alcohol. It will also help settle an acid stomach.
You can make a smoothie by blending 2 cups each of unsweetened coconut water and ripe mangoes, 2 to 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 fresh mint sprigs and half cup of ice.
5. Promotes weight loss:
Coconut water is an ideal drink for weight loss. It is low in calories and easy on the stomach. In fact, this light and refreshing drink contains various bioactive enzymes that aid digestion and boost fat metabolism.
Plus, coconut water is rich in potassium, which helps balance out sodium. Excess sodium in the body tends to cause water retention, contributing to water weight. Thus, coconut water helps flush out excess water as well as toxins from your body.
You can drink an 8-ounce glass of this health drink 3 or 4 times a week to facilitate weight loss. Do not drink coconut water in excess as eventually it may add more calories than you want.
6. Treats headaches:
Most headaches, even migraines, are triggered by dehydration. In such cases, coconut water can be of great help in supplying electrolytes to the body and boosting hydration.
Coconut water is also rich in magnesium. People who suffer from migraines often have low levels of magnesium. Studies also suggest that magnesium can help reduce the frequency of migraine attacks.
7. Balances ph levels:
Stress, toxic load and a diet high in acid-forming foods, such as processed fast foods, often contribute to acidic ph levels that cause low energy and reduce the body's ability to absorb vitamins and minerals.
Plus, an acidic ph contributes to problems like stressed liver function, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, diabetes, high blood pressure and immune deficiency.
Coconut water has an alkalizing effect that helps restore a healthy ph in the body. It also helps alkalize the acidic ph levels caused by acidity and heartburn.
8. Regulates blood sugar:
Coconut water contains amino acids and dietary fiber that help regulate blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity.
It also helps with common issues faced by people who have diabetes. It helps manage your weight. As it helps improve circulation, coconut water is also good for reducing symptoms like numbness in feet and a tendency to develop atherosclerosis.
9. Natural diuretic:
Coconut water acts as a natural diuretic. Thus, it promotes urine production and flow, cleansing your body of toxins. It also helps prevent problems like urinary tract infections.
Due to its high potassium content, coconut water helps alkalize urine and dissolves certain types of kidney stones to eventually flush them out of the body.
To increase its effectiveness, add a pinch of sea salt to a cup of coconut water and drink it once or twice a day. In addition to its diuretic properties, coconut water has antibacterial properties that help fight bladder infections.
Note: do not drink coconut water if your kidneys do not function properly and you have high potassium levels.
10. Slows down aging:
Coconut water contains cytokinins that have anti-aging effects on cells and tissues. This reduces the risk of developing degenerative and age-related diseases.
Refreshing and clear green coconut water also nourishes and hydrates your skin to keep it soft and smooth. In addition to drinking coconut water, you can mix sufficient coconut water with 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder to make a paste, apply it on your skin and rinse it off when it dries completely to maintain younger-looking skin.
- Coconut water may not be suitable for those with nut allergies.
- It may cause bloating and mild stomach upset in some people.
- Do not drink coconut water for at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery as it may interfere with blood pressure control during and after surgery.
- People with kidney dysfunction should consult their doctor before including coconut water in their health regimen.