Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Russy Bhalla
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Russy BhallaYour feedback matters!
Pimples and black spots. Age 26 female. How can I improve my skin from blemishes? Thanks in adv dear docs. This is d best app I ve ever found. Gud day:)
I have facing many skin problem. Recently I changed location to new place. I have affected ring guard and some skin issue. This very disturb to my work and irritating to some situation.
Hi doc since few months my skin is becoming patchy and dry because of using makeup regularly. please help me with it.
What is gastritis?
Gastritis is no single disease but a group of conditions, which are characterised by inflammation of lining of stomach or erosion of the stomach mucosa,. Gastritis can broadly divided into acute gastritis and chronic gastritis
Acute gastritis is a sudden inflammation of the lining of stomach
Inflammation of the whole stomach is called as PANGASTRITIS and an inflammation of the part of the stomach is called ANTRAL GASTRITIS
IT can be divided into two types
2) NON EROSIVE
Chronic gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach that occurs gradually and persist for a long time. it may be result of prolonged uses of NSAIDS , infections with Helicobacter pyroli,pernicious anaemia,degeneration of the lining of the stomach from age or chronic bile reflux.
Causes of Gastritis
- Bacterial infections
- Bile reflux diseases
- Pernicious Anaemia
- Autoimmune Gastritis
- use of NSAIDS
- Alcoholic addictions
- cocaine(which is not very common)
- Radiation and Chemotherapy
- other factors(HIV,PARASITIC INFECTIONS/ and some connective tissue disorder)
What are signs and symptoms of gastritis?
- A gnawing or burning acne or pain in the epigastric region(upper abdomen) and it may become worse or better after eating
- Loss of appetite
- Bloating, a feeling of fullness of abdomen after eating
- Weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting
In severe cases
- Pallor, sweating and fast heart beat(tachycardia)
- feeling of faint, shortness of breath
- chest pain and severe stomach pain
- vomiting of large amount of blood
- blood discharges are seen from bowels,
How Gastritis is diagnosed?
- Blood test
- stool test
- upper GI x-ray (barium meal)
How this condition can be managed?
- H2 blockers
- Proton pump inhibitors
- Antidiarrheal agents
Some Diet and Lifestyle tips for Gastritis
- Eating habits- modification of eating habitats such as avoiding spicy food, eating food in little quantities etc.
- Avoid alcohol- it irritates and erodes the mucous lining of the stomach.
- Don’t smoke- smoking interferes with protective gastric lining of the stomach, making the stomach more susceptible to gastritis as well as ulcers, smoking also increases the production of acid in abdomen
- Maintain a right BMI- obese people tend to develop heartburn, bloating abdomen constipation more common than normal people
- Exercise regularly- aerobic exercise that increases your breathing and heart rate also stimulates the activities of intestinal muscles, helps in defecating
- Manage stress- stress increases risk of heart attack and stroke, beside this it also results in excessive production of acid which results in improper digestion or slow digestion. Yoga is the best way to manage stress.