Find numerous Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu ShethYour feedback matters!
I have got a running nose and a sore throat. .As a result I an unable to sleep properly during the night. I am 84 years of age. Please advise me. Thanks.
Dr, I have a pain in my throat for 2 days and as a result I feel difficult to talk at night and cold conditions and I do not think its the problem of cough. I feel pain on the left part of my throat while touching. I have both smoking and drinking habits (mild)
I felt a loss of hearing since 2 days in my right ear. I approached a doctor, he said, there is a perforation on the ear drum, as well bone is infected. Surgery is required. Can't this be cured through medicines?
I'm 18 year old boy. I had a CT scan recently. For my nasal polyp removal operation. I heard that one CT scan can expose radiation as 200 chest x-ray. Is it true ? Will it increase the possibility for cancer?
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.