Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rita PatravaliYour feedback matters!
Schizophrenia is a mental illness characterized by disordered thinking, delusions (fixed beliefs that are odd or highly unusual), and hallucinations (hearing sounds and seeing things that don’t exist for others). One of western medical opinion has found that there is chemical balance in the brains of schizophrenics is different from that of people without schizophrenia (CHEMICAL IMBALANCE). Cupping therapy on the back is mainly directed to the central line (spinal nerves and parasympathetic nerves) and the sympathetic nerves beside it and cupping centre on head may be have results in chemical balance.
General and localized effects of this therapy strengthen the healing power against disease and, together with a healthy diet and psychotherapy, cure or prevent disease completely.
Here i am not saying to give any promise, its just my observation on some suffering patients and results. As schizophrenia may have multiple causes behind the sufferer so can be treated according to cause and with others medication too. But my view in such cases is that symptoms treatment should be given preference compare to cause.
My last period was on 5 may and today milky white discharge with this my kegs and lowe back is so pain. Is it safe or not pls help me soon.
Me and my gf had protected sex after her periods . Her dates are near again but she say she is having no signs of stomach pain which happens to her every time before her periods. Is she pregnant or it is just a delayed period ?
I am b positive and my wife is also b positive can we have complications for having a baby I heard that same blood group creates complications in baby.
Iam 23 year old. I have late periods that 2 months and 3 months. please tell me. How to get regular periods and what can I do?
Hello doctor I am 29 year old. I have 2 children one week before we do sex but I fear about pregnancy. I don't want to get pregnant what should I do any tablets are there for not getting pregnant when us do sex. so, please suggest me.
Hi I am having irregular periods from the time they have started from 6th class means when I was 11 and now i am 17 years old .my cycle is still irregular. There is a gap of 2 to 3 months my height is not increasing please suggest me something. I have much facial hair growth. Help me.
A week ago I got over with my periods but today a week later I spotting and little clots are there. I m on no birth control pill. Please suggest something. Is there anything to worry?
Me and my wife having anal sex 3-4 times in a month without any protection. And every time I ejaculate inside her anus. We apply coconut oil as a lubricant. My question is that, is it safe to have anal sex? Any side effects? Please suggest. Thank you.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes to you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
1. Prenatal care: As soon as you realize you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning and a number of other things that your doctor will prescribe.
2. Diet: You need to ensure two things that is you are eating enough for two people and everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
a. Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
b. Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
c. Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
d. A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
e. Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
f. Avoid eating unpasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food and smoked seafood.
g. While most vitamin requirements should be met through the diet, in some people, prenatal vitamins which provide the increased demands for folic acid.
3. Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
4. Exercise: Exercising during pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
a. Improved energy levels
b. Controls back pain
c. Improved sleep pattern
d. Improves constipation
e. Improves muscles strength and endurance
There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine.
5. Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby's health throughout pregnancy.
I am 61 years old. I have a medium size ovarian cyst which needs to be operated soon. Cause I also have mild bilateral pleural & pericardial effusion no doctor is taking the risk of operating on me. What should I do?
Diabetes is something which has become so common over the past few decades and this is said to be a cause of worry as most people don't understand how to prevent and manage it. This has led to some myths, gaining more than their fair share of popularity. So, wouldn’t it be a good idea to get to know a little more so as to separate the myths from the facts?
- Weight & watch: One of the most common myths when it comes to diabetes is the belief that a person is going to have his or her life adversely affected if he or she is overweight. While it is true that being overweight happens to be one of the risk factors related to diabetes, it is important to keep in mind the fact that there are other risk factors which are responsible, as well. Some of these factors are age and family history, as well as the ethnicity of the person. Taking this into account, it should not come as too much of a surprise to know that there are quite a few people who are not overweight, but are still fighting diabetes.
- Packaged tricks: Considering the rise in the number of people who are suffering from diabetes, this has led to food being marketed specifically for their consumption. However, in reality, whatever represents a healthy diet is sufficient for a person who is diabetic. So a diet which does not have a high amount of saturated fats and trans fats and does not go overboard with starch and sugar, but features a fair amount of lean protein works well too. All the fancy diabetic food, which a person buys, is only likely to drive a great hole in the wallet and not have any additional health benefits. Therefore, the extra spending is nowhere close to being worthwhile and should be avoided.
- Fruits punch: Many people are of the opinion that it is the processed and sugary food items, which cause diabetes and this is true to a significant extent. However, some people are of the view that since fruit is natural, diabetics can eat as much of it as they like. This is where the thinking gets dangerous. Some fruits are rich in carbohydrates and so it should be consumed in a reasonable quantity, as part of the daily meal plan. After all, too much of any good thing is bad! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
I am 3 month pregnant so can I travel from Aurangabad to udgir by sleeper travels .is it safe for baby. please answer in detail.
I just had vaginal delivery 5 weeks ago. Having a white discharge but my doctor saying its normal after delivery. I was asked to do urine examination in result 40-50 white pus cells found in my urine. What does it indicates. My doctor says it's due to white discharge I am having. Please confirm I am worried.
Hi dear doctors. .my question is this. Is it possible to have sex, intercourse during pregnancy, my wife is pregnant since six months, this is her sixth month of pregnancy. So please I want to know is it possible and safe to have sex, intercourse. Want the respond from my dear doctors. Waiting for reply..
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium.
Hi ,My weight is 80 kg. I am married from past 7 years. I am trying to conceive. Not able to show my expression. What should I do. Please suggest.
Children who are exposed to household pesticides have an increased risk of developing certain childhood cancers and 47 percent greater risk of developing childhood leukaemia and are 43 percent more likely to be diagnosed with childhood lymphoma
Herbicide exposure also increased the risk of leukaemia preventive measures should be considered to reduce children's exposure to pesticides at home