Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 20 years old. Few day ago I had sex with prostitute during her menses period, while doing fingering some blood comes on my hand and by the same hand I wore condom due to which some blood get on my tip of penis so it can led hiv or aids. Waiting for reply please answer.
Hi doctor, while having sex with wife. Who should take more precautions. Like husband should wear condom or else wife must take in tablets.
Hi, I am 27 years old, unmarried,i have problems like irregular periods and scanty menstrual period. When I got my ultrasound result it has been found out that I have PCOD. My both ovaries are enlarged in size with multiple small follicles. My right ovary size is:-4×2.4×3.1 cm and my left ovary size is:-3.8×2.2×2.3 cm.My uterus size is 8×3.7 cm and endometrium is 8 mm. Please tell me what should I do now. Is operation is needed? I am very much worried please help me out. Thank you.
One appliance that has emerged as a lifesaver in the kitchen is the microwave. This product has transformed the way we cook and have our food. However, we fail to think about the health benefits of the food that has been microwaved!
Here are five reasons why you should NOT microwave your food!
- Nonionising radiation: Most of us primarily use the microwave to heat food and to defrost frozen and packaged food. The microwave carries out these processes by releasing a series of heat waves also known as nonionising radiation, which alters the very composition of your food, making it harmful or less than ideal for your system.
- High temperatures within a short span of time: When we use the microwave to heat up or defrost or even cook something in a few seconds or minutes, the device emanates an unusually high temperature within that short span of time. The result is that the food experiences a great deal of nutrient loss.
- Consuming a toxic meal: When you heat a pre pre-packaged meal or meat and frozen vegetables in the microwave, it mixes with the toxins released by the plastic packaging thanks to the heat waves within the microwave. This can cause harmful effects on your health in the long run, including cardiac disease and abnormal hormonal conditions.
- Damage to the Nervous System: Food processed in the microwave can lead to a process called 'shorting out' which alters the electrical impulses in your nervous system and brain. This damage is usually permanent.
- Cancerous cell growth: Using the microwave to process your food can lead not only to a loss of nourishment but also to an increase in cancer causing substances in food. When ingested, this food can prove to be dangerous.
My girlfriend is due to get her periods but she is not getting them. We did not have sexual intercourse however she has pain in her abdomen. We did a pregnancy test for safety it turned to be negative what is to be done now by her to expect her periods is there any tablet by which shr can get her periods?
My wife is pregnant and we had intercourse gently, but she is observing left lower abdomen pain after having intercourse. This pain appeared day after when we had four days back and got normal. Again when we had intercourse yesterday afternoon she experienced pain in the evening. Suggest any problem to my wife and child. (The pain is not so severe and not for too long &my wife is 8 week pregnant)
Hi doctor, for irregular periods, I have been suggested from Dr. Sucharita Picasso to take" pulsatilla 1m" dose daily for one week. My hearty thanks for her. My question - Is" pulsatilla 1m" a syrup or a tablet? so that accordingly I can ask in medical shop to get the same. I searched in google but I dint get information regarding the same. Kindly help me.
Me and my GF both are virgin. Last month I rubbed my penis on her vagina. We didn't have sex. This month she is not having period. Is there any risk of pregnancy?
After 1st ruination in morning feels burning sensation. Nausea ,legs ache very much. In evening also after sleep head is rolling (chakar) leg ache occurs. Feels very week. After sleep feels heads weight is increased even if unable to move and open the eye.
Hi, I wanted to ask a question to a gynaecologist I have a girl friend and she is 20, the problem is that she is not having a proper cycles, once her periods cycle starts it will go more than a week and she becomes too weak after tat, but the problem is when we have sex after her cycles are over like after 2-3 days of it she starts too bleed once again but with too much of blood lose with twice more than what usually she bleeds She is worried too much about her problem and she is under consultation of a homeopathy doctor but no use or cure is seen, So please guide us properly and and can be done and help us.
Monsoon is happily welcomed by one and all after a hot summer. But the immunity of the body is reduced in this season as it makes our body defenseless to a lot of diseases that are generally associated with the monsoon season. The temperature at a place goes down when it rains, but it brings along uninvited mosquitoes. Hence, our body immunity must be boosted so that it becomes resistant to any disease. The most prevalent diseases that occur due to a mosquito bite are dengue, malaria, brain fever and filaria.
Methods to treat mosquito bites in monsoon: Water stagnation is caused due to rain and the stagnated water acts as an excellent breeding ground for mosquitoes. Even any pond with still water can produce mosquitoes easily in just 4 days. Mosquito coils and repellents are not that very effective, and they cannot captivate these invaders totally. It is best to make use of home remedies that are helpful as well as harmless than using mosquito repellants that contain chemicals in them.
Effective and simple remedies to treat mosquito bites:
The after effects of a mosquito bites are not only annoying, but also very harmful and it is better that mosquito bites are treated by use of home remedies:
- The most effective anti-itch remedy that can be used to treat a mosquito bite is the use of Ammonia. The acidity or the pH of the skin is changed and ammonia is known to oppose chemical reactions that cause the itching. Dry cotton can be moistened by use of Ammonia and applied to the affected area.
- The other effective method that can be used to treat a mosquito bite is rubbing alcohol on the affected area. Alcohol cures the itch and is even known to minimize the swelling. Alcohol can be poured directly on the affected area or can be applied with cotton.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is an excellent antiseptic that is used to prevent any infection caused due to mosquito bites. It is very important that Hydrogen Peroxide is applied in the right way to reduce the swelling and redness. It is an effective remedy that can be used for kids as well.
- Soap can also be applied on the affected area to provide relief and in case of any irritation, it is better to wash off the area with water immediately.
- To minimize the discomfort caused due to a mosquito bite, toothpaste can be applied to that area. Toothpaste that contains menthol, peppermint as well as baking soda is good for treating a mosquito bite.
There are many other such products that are readily available at home and that can be used to treat mosquito bites like garlic, table salt, ketchup, garlic and cocktail sauce.
Hello doctor. My period is 25 days late. I made a home pregnancy test and the result was negative. To be sure yesterday a went to clinic and have a lower abdominal test and it says that everything is normal. So am I pregnant? And what should I do to have my period.
Can the strength of a women who has undergone a hysterectomy be the same as a women having uterus? If yes. Why and how?
Hi, I take duphaston from 17 day of my period to 27 day, my doctor prescribed me to perform s. progesterone level to check whether a ovulation process occur or not, so the result is 133.6 mg/ml it high from the luteal phase so kindly answer me whats the reason behind this, its high level due to I have take duphaston or any other reason, I want to conceive, firstly doctor prescribed me cerophene from 2nd day of my cycle for 5 day, me and my husband test result are ok kindly answer me earlier.I m so much confused.
I am 18 years old I have sex with my bf but slightly only he inserted but bloodcomes. I need to know whether hymns tissue hasturnedor not. Or how to check whether I am virginity or not.
If you are a woman, you are probably taking a calcium supplement daily. It is because you were told by your friends or your health care provider that calcium is essential for optimum bone density as you age. But calcium is not just for bones and teeth. More and more studies witness the fact that there is hardly any body system in a human being that doesn?t benefit from a healthy dose of calcium. Let?s analyse that bit.
For calcium you may take sesame seeds, almonds, soya beans, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, kelp, parsley, olives, rhubarb, spinach, prunes, dandelion greens, broccoli, celery, crayfish, yogurt, ricotta, blue vein, castello and cultured cheese in your daily diet. Cow?s milk is a rich and welcome source of calcium except for those with diabetes, lactose intolerance, and those with a perpetual dislike for milk. Yet, cow?s milk is absorbed without hiccups (pun intended) by a child only until the age of 12 or 13 or even before that. As the child enters adulthood, it loses the power to extract calcium from milk. And an excess of milk in the diet may backfire causing indigestion, kidney stones, arthritic complaints and the like.
Perhaps, only a doctor can tell you about the utilization of calcium and its relationship with Vitamins A, C and D, parathyroid and iron. But I can definitely summarise the health benefits of this so called ?miracle? mineral discovered by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808.
Scientists have come up with an interesting finding that calcium can play a role in longevity. Though calcium intake has shown no significant relation to cancer, it is found to decrease the risk of heart diseases and ?all-cause? premature mortality by reducing blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Calcium is important for one?s overall well being. Next to building up bone density, it helps in nerve transmission, heart function, blood-pressure regulation, blood clotting and many other body processes.
It is needed for muscle contractions. So athletes, watch out on your calcium levels.
An expert also points out that calcium can decrease the PMS stress by half. Thanks to calcium, the users experienced less irritability, mood swings, depression and other symptoms associated with Premenstrual Syndrome.
Calcium can thwart mid life weight gain and obesity. High calcium diet may deplete the fat cells through increased energy metabolism.
Calcium ensures better absorption of iron, the deficiency of which can cause anaemia.
Once in adolescence, a child can take almond milk, soya milk, sesame milk or goat?s milk for calcium and for easy digestion. Thus bringing down cow?s milk to the minimum.
chamomile Have a cup of chamomile tea after meals for a healthy supply of calcium and enhanced digestion.
Along with minerals like phosphorus, magnesium and vitamins A, C and D, calcium is the miracle mineral that can help your body to build, heal and repair.
You need to drink adequate amount of water (8 oz. Of water) with calcium to enable full absorption of the mineral.
However, it is not wise to frantically increase your calcium intake due to the risk of kidney stones and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and hypercalcemia. The recommended dose of calcium through diet (not supplements) is 1,000 milligrams on an average.