Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi AbhyankarYour feedback matters!
I was in depressed In many condition So please help to about my depression And discuss about stress.
Having pets around not only makes you feel better, but also teaches you compassion, empathy and loyalty. Spending quality time with your pets tends to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health. Pets can act as great stress relievers and actually uplift your mood when are depressed.
Connecting with your pet instantly improves your mood and makes you forget your worries with their unconditional love and care. Here are 5 ways in which your pet can relieve depression and make you feel better.
1. A healthy heart: If you own a dog, you are less likely to get heart diseases. Spending time with your dog, going for walks and jogs, playing in the park, etc. will keep you active and maintain a normal blood pressure. Activities with your pets will also curb any sadness in your heart, at least for the moment. You will have a routine to follow, and this will keep you distracted from your source of depression.
2. Stress relief: Petting your pet dog, cat or rabbit will soothe your mind and help you get rid of any kind of stress. Depression causes a lot of stress, and if you hug or lay down with your dog, you are likely to feel better and get much more relieved from stress. A relaxation hormone is released by the body which brings down stress levels.
3. Pets enable you to connect socially: If you are depressed, you may feel like connecting with new people for feeling better. Your pets can help you with this. If you walk down a road with your dog, it is likely that people approach you and start a conversation with you.
4. A better mood: If you are depressed for a long time, getting a pet dog can change your life. Pet owners are happy people and are more trustworthy than normal people. If you feel lonely and depressed, a pet dog can provide you better company and happiness than a human at times. You will have a new meaning in life and would love to take care of your pet and raise him healthy. Your general mood will be much improved.
5. Unconditional love: The best thing about pets and especially dogs is that they will love you unconditionally. No matter what you do, they will always love you the most and come to you wagging their tail. A loving touch has an incredible healing power and hugging your pets will make you happy and less depressed.
Pets are an amazing way to get relief from depression. Having a pet around makes any atmosphere much livelier. Raising a pet is like raising a child, and thus you will remain distracted and won’t have time to think about your reason for depression.
How important is to stop smoking? How much alcohol can someone over 50 safely drink, and does your tolerance change with ageing?
Depression is such an ailment that may be intensely distressing and may lead to severe damage to the afflicted person and their close ones, if left without proper care and treatment. So if you are in charge of caring for patients affected with chronic depression, then it may seem challenging as well as equally rewarding. You will feel challenged when you're trying to figure out a possible solution to help the patient. Each patient is a distinct individual with varying needs contrary to the patients affected with diabetes or cardiac disorders where the treatments are properly schemed and structured.
Caring for yourself is also important-
When you are trying to deal with patients affected with depression, you will first have to properly recognize depression and anxiety. When someone you love is affected with depression, you will try your level best to help that person come out of the situation. However, note that it is also important to take care of your own mental as well as physical health. Because when you are trying to help a person come out of depression, it is likely that you too would face similar psychological distress. A recent study reported that caregivers of depressed people with bipolar disorder and severe depressive problems were more susceptible to psychological troubles than care providers of other healthcare needs like diabetes or cancer among general population. So it is really imperative to look after yourself as well.
Sticking to a well-regulated treatment plan-
Though social support is significant, it alone cannot help in suppressing depression. If you know a person encountering pangs of depression, advise him or her to seek professional assistance. Depression is such a clinical condition that requires to be dealt with medication, therapy or a balanced combination of both. You will have to make them understand that you care about them, but you alone cannot succeed in healing that person without proper medical guidance. Encourage such people to closely follow a physician’s advice and take proper medicines as recommended by the healthcare provider.
Insisting on following healthy habits-
You will have to try to encourage the patients in regulating their energies into doing something positive for both mind and body. This can be aptly done through exercise, which helps in lowering the risk of anxiety as well as depression with regular practice. This, along with the intake of a healthy balanced diet would also help them to recover faster.
While doing your bit to aid a person come out of depression, you should also take him or her to a responsive psychologist who can recommend faster methods of getting rid of depression permanently.