Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Abhyankar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi AbhyankarYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am a young boy of 21 years old. My chest looks like breast. Doctor I am so much emotionally tortured about it. I also feel too much stress when I look at it. Please suggest me as much solutions so that I can get rid of this serious trouble as soon as possible.
I am taking depran 10 & tryp c for last 6 yrs. For having depression anxiety .is this right med for me or else any side effect Reg sex. Pls Dr. answer me as same.
I am 24 year old working girl. I can not concentrate on anything. Help me eliminate the noise in my head. I feel tired all the time. I am sad all the time. I do not care Bout anything. Sometimes I want to jump into river, or lock myself out just to have some peace. I am tired of making excel sheets. Help me. I feel I can not breath.
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- An increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- Temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- A cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- Inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- If the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- For body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- Shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- Reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My brain is full of ideas 2/3 ideas run in my brain and im inconsistent in taking decisions but, I do know about the positive and negative s of those ideas but unable to select any one of them. And also I have a habit of daydreaming and I was also overconfident and most of the times I will be fully depressed, please please I request you to help me how to get rid of these problems.
A vague unpleasant emotion that a person experiences in anticipation of some misfortune that might take place.
Anxiety is normal and adaptive state as it helps us prepare for danger.
Therefore, we must learn to manage anxiety. It can be problematic when we feel such in spite when there is no real danger.
Anxiety attacks are harmless, although you feel very uncomfortable and or scary. You might feel like you are dying or going crazy, but you are not. And these feelings are similar in your body if you were facing a real physical threat.
These attacks lasts only 5 to 10 minutes with peak intensity, although they sometimes feel like they go on forever. As they takes away lot of energy a feeling of exhaustion is experienced once it’s over.
Calming yourself – Learn to breathe softer and easier to reduce some of the symptoms during an attack.
Relaxing your body- Learn to set your body tense free – this can be done by tensing your muscles and then relaxing – this lowers overall tension and stress levels during a panic attack.
Positive Thinking - First identify what afraid you – note them down for instance “It will hurt me , I will die, It might remain long and forever etc., Pen them down and practice to overcome that situation.
Avoid overestimating about the things that may occur to you.
Facing the challenge – Most important step of managing anxiety is to face what fears you the most like unpleasant bodily sensation associated with attacks, avoiding situations, places, activities and so on.
In order to overcome these sensation and individual needs to repeatedly bring on the sensation that fears them so that over time those sensations have no longer effects to anxious.
Learning to manage anxiety requires Practice and bravery and is much like an exercise. Don't be discouraged when you start with it, as coping with anxiety is a lifelong process.