Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ratnakar KamatYour feedback matters!
Conditioning Before Shampoo vs Post Shampoo - What's Ideal?
Conditioners and shampoos, you need both for an appropriate hair care regimen. Just like most other people, you might have the confusion about conditioner use - whether to use it before you shampoo your hair or when you're done with shampooing.
Read on to find out what you should be doing.
1. Hair Type: A factor that determines your use of a conditioner before you shampoo or after it depends on your hair type. For individuals who have dry or thick hair, using a conditioner after you shampoo is the most apt, especially during the winter months when complaints of flyaway hairs are very common. Conditioning before you apply shampoo to your hair is ideal if you've fine hair as it provides your hair with much needed nourishment. Additionally, it allows the shampoo to distribute evenly all over your hair.
2. Greasy Hair: Applying a conditioner before you shampoo your hair is most apt for individuals whose hair is prone to oiliness. This is because it helps you in thoroughly washing away the grease that gets build up in your hair when it's time to shampoo. The regimen of shampoo and conditioning afterwards doesn't ensure a proper elimination of the problem.
3. The Problem of Residues: If you condition your hair before shampooing, you can rest assure that no residues get left behind on the scalp. This is not the case when you condition your hair afterwards. Many a time, if you don't rinse properly residues of the conditioner used get left behind, thereby weighing down your hair.
Unless your hair is of normal texture, conditioning before shampooing can prove to be beneficial for your hair.
I got so much hair fall due to dandruff in winter and stretching my head so much. What is the best solution to decrease it?
Hi, I got rashes near my genital area (I have consulted dermatologist, they have examined and told fungal infection. I am getting thick particles in my urine after passing. Even I am getting burning piano and blood in my urinate (pee). I am scared that I may got std. Pls suggest me on this.
My skin becomes dark very quickly. Tan appears when I exposed to sun even for less time. So should I do to improve my skin tone.
I have hair loss problem. My head becomes lightly bald from the middle portion. My hair becomes thinner .now I am using homeopathic medicine selenium 30, bond hair oil & hair grow drop. Is it the right treatment for me doctor recommended me this medicine.
I have so much skin problem my skin getting black when I have digest problem so what can I do for glowing dkin?
Sir/Mam, I'm a 23 years old boy. Actually I had short and light hairs on my body from my teen days. But from d last one or two months, the short hairs on my hand, chest, stomach and wrists have grown unimaginably longer and thicker. Moreover there are lots of new hairs also growing in the remaining areas. If it continues to grow d hairs longer like these, it will be a great great cause of problem for me. So please tell me how to stop d growth of the hairs completely. please plz.
I am 25 years old man and I have suffering from many side effects of Masturbation, I am addicted to Masturbation from last 10 years now the condition become worst to worst day by day. The side effect which I feels are as Follow. Lack of Confidence Back pain Joint pain in all over body even in fingers is also Back pain Bone pain Eye pain and dark circles Sleep disorder Digestive condition become worst Hair loss and thinking of hair Lack of energy Lack of concentration I am single. But confident when I will be Mary so I can't satisfy my wife coz of sex problems. Besides of all these main thing is I can't stop Masturbation. After 2 days I masturbate. Again nd again. Please help me how I can stop this addiction. I am in very problem Sir.
A pet dog has bitten and teeth scratch mark appeared on the leg of my 8 years old daughter. Dog is vaccinated in March this year. Tetanus inj is administered to her. Is anti rabbies injections are necessary?
Hair growth on my hands and upper body is quite more when compared to others, I have shaved twice bt the growth doesn't stopped. How to get rid of that?
I am having a major pimple problem. It's making my colour darker day by day. What should I do to prevent them and make my skin tone fairer as earlier.
I am facing constant hair fall issue since last 1 month. I live in delhi. I went to bangalore last month since then m facing this prblm I tried all possible solutions but it's not working.
I want to regrow hair. On the internet some say onion juice can be applied everyday and some say 2--3 times a weak. If we apply it everyday do we have to shampoo it or just wash it with water? I want some fast in a month results.
Eczema is an autoimmune disorder wherein the skin overreacts to certain triggers in or outside the body resulting in inflammation and lesions. Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis. The skin becomes dry, patchy and rough, and it tends to form itchy and red blisters. Eczema is usually caused due to inflammation; in most cases, allergy triggers eczema. It has been observed that quite often, patients who suffer from eczema have a family history of allergy. In some cases, patients having other allergies, may also develop eczema. Apart from this, low immunity triggers this disease.
- Red patches over skin
- Dry rough skin with blisters
- Intense itching on skin, with occasional bleeding
- Formation of a thick leather-like layer over the affected areas of the skin
- Discharge of an oozing watery and sticky liquid from the affected area, in case of wet eczema (In case of dry eczema, there is no watery discharge; the skin stays rough and dry.)
Treating eczema with homeopathy
Treating eczema might be possible by taking several medications. But treating doesn't mean curing. People who suffer from eczema know how irritating the disorder is. So they want a cure for eczema, which is possible with homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy is known for curing eczema, from the root. Basically, homeopathy helps to improve the immune system, as low immunity is responsible for causing allergies. When immunity is built, and low immunity quits from overreacting to several reactions, eczema is cured.
Here are five homeopathic medicines suitable for treating eczema:
- Graphites: Graphites is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for treating wet eczema, when there is thick, oozing watery and sticky discharge. In most cases, the patient with this type of eczema suffers from constipation and obesity. He or she might be sensitive towards cold. Their usual skin becomes hard and cold, but the affected area remains dry and rough. The remedy is prescribed mostly to women with menstrual disorders.
- Mezereum: This is the suitable for patients with eczema, which tends to form a leathery crust on the head. The patient might feel intense itching especially at night.
- Hepar sulphur: This is suitable for eczema with formation of pus. The patient is usually too sensitive to cold. Intense itching, sneezing and sensitivity towards cold are the symptoms, which indicate the need for this medicine.
- Dulcamara: This is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for eczema, which aggravates in damp or cold weather. Thick formation of yellowish crust and intense itching are the symptoms, which clearly indicate the need for this remedy.
- Sulphur: This one is suitable for eczema with burning sensation along with intense itching. Symptoms usually worsen in summer and the skin feels rough and dry. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.