Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have pain in my left chest for 20 days. It is feeling like that burn. Please give me answer fast. Thanks.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I am cough hardly can you suggested what should be done.
I am taking Losartan 50 for BP my reading are 89/139 my lower side goes to 99 if I missed dose. My weight is 100 kg. I am not diabetic But have sedentary lifestyle and worried about my health do you think I should change drug Losartan 50 to something else.
Hello I am 22 years old boy I am taking cilpam plus prescribed by my psychiatrist. A week ago I reduced the dose by half by after some days I am facing problems like breathlessness today I checked my bp at home my bp was 115-70 and pulse rate was 110. Is this dangerous. What should I do please suggest.
I have undergone OPEN heart surgery over 5 years. But scare is not gone its seem big. I do I can remove it.
I am having dry cough with a feverish pulse rate. Breathlessness in morning no appetite for food. I am diabetic with pp blood sugar level at 310. Taking gluconorm g2, seloken xl 50, ramistar 5, mononitrate. As per doctor' s advice I got an x-ray chest pa view done, which indicates pleural collection or pleural thickening on the left side. Also indicates marginal cardiac enlargement. Please suggest treatment.
My wife is pregnant now she is in her twenty first week. Her bp was regularly 110/70 now it gradually reducing as 100/70; 95/65; and now she has reached 95/60, what are its effect on her and baby and what she should do.
My mother (61 Years) is having problem of high blood pressure from long time, now her blood pressure is fluctuating frequently, some time she suffers problem of high blood pressure and some time low blood pressure. What can be the reason of this?
I'm 28 yrs old and my good n bad cholesterol both are high so what should I do is it normal to have cholesterol at this age. Even my periods are very irregular so is it related to cholesterol.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.