Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranjan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. RanjanYour feedback matters!
I recently met with an accident. I had to take a operation. I have a rod inserted in my left leg from the knee to the ankle. The operation was fine. Just that the the bone at the place were it broke is partially in contact after the surgery. Will the bone align it self or grow in the same position.
I have severe back pain for 10 days. I have 2 kids below 2 yrs. I tried taking pain killer and also applied ointment to pain area. Pain has not gone. What can I do to get relieve from that pain.
I am 20 year old, I have pain in sacroiliac joint left side and sometime pain in neck and back, I have HLA B27 positive test what precaution I need? What is further step?
I have lot of back pain when I ride bike. I am software engineer so my job is only sitting ahead laptop. Can someone help please?
I am suffering from dislocation problem in the shoulder both, and it takes nearly 2 hours to get set itself. In the mean time I am experiencing severe pain which I cannot express in words. I cannot take pain killers as I am a CKD patient and my age is 43 years, so what I have to do when the joint got dislocated.
Shoulder impingement syndrome is a condition of the shoulder that is characterized by feeling of pain and weakness while lifting the arm overhead. A tendon, known as the rotator cuff tendon, attaches the tip of the upper arm to the shoulder. Impingement of the shoulder occurs when this tendon is trapped in the sub acromial space. The sub acromial space is the space near the shoulder joint where the tendon goes through.
When the tendon is trapped, it tends to scrape against the bone, resulting in excruciating pain. The pain aggravates if you are performing overhead movements such as painting or swimming.
The symptoms of shoulder impingement syndrome are:
- Feeling of pain while lifting the arm overhead
- Any lateral raising movement may also cause pain
- Sleeping at night may be problematic as lying on one side of the body may cause pain
- Clicking sounds while performing exercises such as the overhead press
Shoulder impingement syndrome can be caused by a number of factors; some of them are:
- Swelling of the rotator cuff: The rotator cuff tendon may swell on account of a shoulder injury.
- Bone spurs: If there are bone spurs in the sub acromial space, then it may narrow down the space making it easier for the tendon to rub against the bone.
- Accumulation of calcium: In some cases, calcium deposits tend to accumulate in the rotator cuff tendon leading to shoulder impingement.
- Inflammation of the bursa: The bursa is a sac filled with fluid cushions bones; inflammation of the bursa may also result in shoulder impingement
If you are suffering from a shoulder impingement syndrome, you may adopt the following strategies to deal with it:
- Rest: Make sure you do not perform activities that could aggravate the pain; allow the affected area to rest so that it heals faster.
- Medications: Medicines such as NSAIDs help in reducing the pain to provide temporary relief.
- Exercise: Adopt various external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff tendon and prevent shoulder impingement syndrome.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!