Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjan BurnwalYour feedback matters!
Suffering from back ache , sleepy & weakness . Working late night so please suggest any medicine which can cause to feel me fresh for the day.
I am 60 years male diabetic. Now I have gout problem for last 17 days. My toe and ankle is paining a lot. What should I do?
Hello sir, I am 47 age old person I have been suffering from neck pain since many day now tell me what should I do?
We are planning for knee replacement surgery. Can I know, what is the advantages and disadvantages of doing operation for both leg in single surgery.
Im 30 years old and have lately been experiencing a vibrating sensation in both my knees and also feel a lot of stress on my knees. Whenever I would sit, my knees used to make a cracking sound since childhood. Is my sensation because I have started to go for a morning run, or is it something that I need to worry about.
Hi My Mom has backbone pain problem and for this problem she usually go to ceragem machine. Is this beneficial for her health?
I have a pain in my knee I was playing kabaddi and I just got some injury in legs knee I go for medical treatment and they plaster it for 7 days after that I am not feeling pain free So what should I do.
My legs veins are getting hard with pain. I have been suffering from this problem for the last one month. I have gone through some info on internet that this may lead to heart problems is it true?
Iam suffering from backpain at bedtime only, unable to sleep at bedtime, please give mi your valuable suggestions.
My hand was broken 3 months ago. I got plastered and it was a minor one. Within one month my hand was ok. But from 2 to 3 days it is paining very much. I can't even lift my hand up. What's the solution for this?
I have pain in my back portion of body during sleeping at night. I can not sleep more than 5 or 6 hour continuously. Ita a moving pain.
I am 49 yrs old. I am suffering due to backache from the last three years. If I stand more than 45 minutes that day evening I am suffering due to severe backache. My profession is insurance surveyor and loss assessor, now I have two staffs for assisting me, so I travel very little distance only. Average 200 kmts in a week.
I am suffering from severe back pain, since 2month. I think this is due to the stress in job, can you suggest me any exercises to get relief from this pain.
The various movements of the body are enabled by the way the bones work with each other and allow for various movements. You cannot perform a single movement without the coordination of the various joints and bones. It is also for the same reason that joint pains are so common. Accidents, sports injuries, play area injuries, and general ageing are some of the causes that can result in joint pain. There are definitely ways to treat them, but at the same time, preventing them also can be helpful. Read on to know some of the ways to prevent and manage joint pains.
Precautionary measure: For children, ensure they are playing under the supervision of an adult and are wearing sufficient protective gear in the form of helmets, wrist/elbow guards, etc. The same goes for athletes who are prone to injuries. It is always prudent to know your physical limits and not stretch your body constantly. This will go a long way in reducing injuries. Always keep a first-aid kit in your sports bag so that you can manage the pain at the earliest.
If prevention does not work, and injuries do happen, some of the ways to manage them are outlined below.
- Cryotherapy/ice therapy: By reducing the blood flow to the affected joint, ice helps in reducing the pain and swelling, which are usually the prominent symptoms of any joint injury. Using an ice pack for 15 to 20 minutes every hour is greatly useful in reducing the pain. This can be continued for the next few days until the pain stops. Avoid ice burns by not applying ice directly on the skin; instead, wrap it in a towel or a soft cotton cloth.
- Oil massages: Natural oils can be used to massage the affected joints which also greatly reduce pain. Oils which contain menthol or give a topical soothing effect are highly recommended. If you are unable to do it at home, seek professional help for the same.
- Hydrotherapy: Warm baths with salts added for extra benefit can provide soothing relief from joint pains. Try these before going to bed to also get good sleep.
- Herbal mixes: Tea bags and other herbal mixes can also be used to relieve joint pains. These may work for some and may not work for others. As these are external applications, you can give it a try.
- Immobilise the area: The affected joint should be immobilised completely or partially, depending on the extent of damage.
- Physiotherapy: While initially the joint needs to be rested, getting into a physical exercise routine with inputs from a physiotherapist is very essential to avoid long-term immobility.
- Medications: Non-steroidal pain killers are another proven method to manage joint pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.