Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Hi doctor. I am housewife and studying as my routine not good enough where I don't get time for exercise no proper healthy diet. Due to lack of sleep my dark circle increasing and skin too is dull after marriage.
I have not sleep very well. From few days I realise that I have also pain in head and its starts in night when I go to sleep. I tried many home remedies but I did not get any improve please help me to recover from this problem.
Hey hey I am a patient of diabetes it is inherited disease my fasting is 200 and My PP is 270 so what should I do to control this I am its patient since 30 years hope you can give a good advice?
Never eat if you are not feeling hungry (exceptions in case of health/mind concerns), this is a solid cardinal mantra in monsoons. Doing so results in indigestion problems and illness. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
The damp and filthy conditions in monsoon plays a host for many disease causing germs, which cause some serious health attacks like dengue, malaria, conjunctivitis, typhoid, viral fever, pneumonia, gastro intestinal disturbances, diarrhea and dysentery. If your immune system is weak you are supposed to catch these diseases instantly. To maintain healthy diet and protect you from such ill causes during the rainy season these countermeasures have to be taken.
-eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
-avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
-have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
-eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
-foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
-body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
-drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
-vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
-eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
-have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
-avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
-always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
Have a safe & joyful monsoon
Dr sangita malhotra
President of sbogs
Shared via the fit indian
Studies show that regular exercise makes our grey skills more active. That means we have a sort of a win-win situation - while we get a fit body, we also get smarter! here is how exercise impacts your intelligence.
1) exercise for greater endurance -all of us who run, cycle, swim or indulge in any similar activities face a challenge where we hit the wall. There comes a time when we feel we cannot go further and are ready to give up. Research has shown that regular exercise helps improve mental endurance and helps get rid of mental blocks.
2) yoga for clarity - yoga requires a lot of focus and patience. There are poses which require great amounts of concentration. Regular practice of yoga brings about improved mental clarity.
3) to stay focused - resistance training involves a lot of concentration and patience. Studies had shown that people who did regular workouts that involved strength training could stay focused better with almost no distractions even in their daily lives.
4) better decision making: studies have shown that people who worked out have better decision making power compared to people who didn't as their body as well as brain muscles are more active.
5) to increase productivity - on busy days, we decide to skip our workout because work needs more time. What we don't consider is that if we exercise, it will increase our productivity. This is solely because when our body exercises, more oxygen reaches our brain. This facilitates overall brain function.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hello I am jyothi sudheer. I am 22. My weight is 79 and height is 5.5. And I am suffering from thyroid and pcod. For thyroid I am taking 75 mcg and for pcod I am using metformin. I want to loose weight. Within 3 months I have to reduce 15 kgs pls suggest me the high protein diet and low carbohydrates diet. Pls. I want high protein diet chart.
What should I do regarding weight loss and cold congestion in winters and how to keep healthy and hydrated routine in winters?
I am 19 years old I'm trying to lose weight I don't have time for gym can cardio help to lose weight? please tell me.
I am 29 year old male. Before marriage my weight is 57 and one year after I become 68 but I am not eat so much but suddenly my weight increases. But I am not able to eat. What's is the problem and please give remedies sir.
Foods High in Calcium
1. Sesame seed
3. Collard green
6. Brazil nut
10. Flax seed
12. Dried fig
15. Soy products
A healthy mind is responsible for a healthy and relaxed body and both are imperative for attaining better orgasms during intercourse. Orgasmic dysfunction, or inhibited sexual excitement, or simply anorgasmia, is a condition whereby, a woman fails to attain orgasms even when sexually aroused. This can prove to be a major sexual problem and is the cause of disputes and conflicts in a relationship because of the lack of sexual intimacy and satisfaction.
In order to be sexually excited, both mind and body are involved in a series of complex processes, which finally result in a peak sexual response. Thus, both need to be functioning well in order to stimulate an orgasm.
Causes that may lead to orgasmic dysfunction:
- Boredom or lack of interest in sexual indulgences
- Hormonal disorders or changes brought on by menopause
- Chronic illnesses that affect sexual interest
- Acquired negative attitudes (usually from childhood or adolescence) towards sex
- Previous traumatic experiences relating to rape or sexual abuse
- Certain prescription drugs like antidepressants
- Stress or high fatigue
- Medical conditions affecting the nervous system around the pelvis
- Medical conditions causing chronic pelvic pain
Symptoms of organic dysfunction may include:
- Inability to attain orgasms
- Taking longer than normal to reach an orgasm
- Not having satisfying orgasms
It is important to note that when treating problems associated with orgasmic dysfunction, you must maintain a healthy attitude towards sex, in addition to having sufficient knowledge pertaining to sexual stimulations and responses. Learning how to communicate and how to express your needs and desires clearly is another important step in the treatment of anorgasmia. Here are a few other ways to improve your sex life:
- Eat well and get enough rest
- Reduce your consumption of alcohol, drugs, or smoking
- Engage in Kegel exercises which involve tightening and relaxing the muscles of the pelvis
- Use birth control methods that both you and your partner agree to
- Engage in other sexual activities apart from sexual intercourse
- Educate yourself more about reaching orgasms by focusing on clitoral stimulation or directed masturbation
- Take up sexual counseling to learn helpful exercises
Related Tip: "5 Mind Reasons You're Might Not Be Getting An Orgasm"