Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv C. ShahYour feedback matters!
Respected sir, I would like to the best chemotherapy for the lungs cancer. Kindly suggest the side effect of the chemotherapy. And which hospital we need to refer.
I have pain in my both breasts. Actually it is very tight from inside feel like stones and its very painful. please help what can I do.
My daughter, age 65 was under treatment for cancer and after six months has been discharged and at home. She is awfully weak and weighs around 32 kg. She finds it difficult to swallow and does not try enough (in my opinion). Any suggestion to prompt her to slowly get into more solid food and recoup?
My wife is 57 and suffering from breast cancer. She is having chemotherapy every 3 weeks and third chemo was on 08 Jul 16. Her haemoglobin before start of chemo was 8.7 and would have now gone way down. How do I get her Hb up in next 10 days?
My mom recently undergone chemotherapy and radiation for CA of beast and also she undergone hysterectomy. She is a known case of bp. And her bp is 140/80. Now she is using tamoxifen. I read an article that tamoxifen In long term use may cause cervical cancer. My mother not having any hot flashes.
Hello sir my friend last 2 month sick and other problem .last 2 check up reports blood cancer positive .27 july report wbc 37000 bt 12 aug reports wbc 34000 .imatinib tablet per day 1 tablet use. Kb tak wbc control ho please help.
How to over come with cancer, which is held at lungs which becomes very pain full. Please give some advice.
I've had a small fatty lump under my skin on the top of my head for several years (around 10 years). It getting gotten bigger, many say its a harmless. But Should I worry as it is getting bigger?
Hello I am 26 year old female and not yet married. From 2 days I feel lump or some hardness in right breast area. Is it a breast cancer? it is possible for unmarried girl if yes so what should I do? please reply as soon as possible.
Is it possible to treat a non metasise lung cancer by homeopathic medicine after chemotherapy failed to cure it? Pls answer doctors. Cancer type is small cell carcinoma In left lungs.
I am having multiple fibroadenoma in both breasts, which are very small. I had undergone surgery for fibroadenoma removal four times in the past approximately 6 years ago, which were bigger in size. I am having a doubt that" is this fibroadenoma will become cancerous tumor in the future and is there any diet restrictions to get it reduced. Can you please clarify my doubt.
My brother's wife is cancer cured - left breast, more than 8 years. She is healthy now, working as well. I would like to know whether her daughter, 26, is taking medication for thyroid, may have this disease on hereditary basis, in future.
What is the main reason for bleeding in motion? This is not frequently but I got it last year twice and after one year in this summer again one time bleeding in motion. Before Bleeding even in last year I ate spicy food like biryani. When I searched for this in Google its saying it may lead to cancer. So kindly let me know what's happening to me!
Breast cancer, is a type of cancer, which is common to women, where cancer cells grow on the breasts or the female mammary gland. It starts out with the formation of a small lump in your breast and can spread out to your other organs very rapidly. It generally affects women above forty years of age. Breast cancer can be classified into two types. They can either start forming on the inner linings of your milk ducts ( known as Ductal carcinoma) or in the lobules which supply milk (known as Lobular carcinoma).
There are many causes responsible for breast cancer they are mentioned below:
- Obesity or post-menopausal obesity (Learn more about Heart Diseases Post Menopause)
- Exposure to frequent radiation (X-ray)
- Consumption of alcohol
- Being taller than average
- Start of periods at an early age
- Late menopause
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Consumption of birth control pills
The most common symptoms of breast cancer are as follows:
- Formation of a lump in your breast
- Swelling or shrinking of your breast
- Change of size, shape and color of your nipple
- Blood or milk discharge from the nipple
- Breast pain
- Itching sensation
- Appearance of rashes (Learn more about to maintain the skin health)
Breast cancer if not diagnosed and treated at an early stage may turn out to be fatal. Ayurveda offers promising cures for breast cancer.
A few of the Ayurvedic remedies are mentioned below:
- Include foods, which are well supplied with vitamin D in your diet. Researches show that women with less amount of vitamin D in their bodies are more likely to develop breast cancer. Consider including foods like eggs, orange juice, dairy products and fish like salmon in your diet.
- Drink more of green tea as it has anti cancer properties.
- Exercises like walking, yoga, meditation and certain breast exercises can help you to relax the pain sensation, reduce stress and also get cured.
- Incorporate bitter gourd in your diet. Researches show that bitter gourd can kill those cancer cells, which cause breast cancer.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, tulsi, curcumin have certain properties that can destroy cancer cells.
Since, breast cancer has less survival rates, it is absolutely essential for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner if you wish to get cured through Ayurvedic treatment.