Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh YadakYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 25 year old. In the left nossle of my nose my bone is access. How much it will cost me if I get it operated from any reputed hospital. Can it be operated through laser treatment. If yes please tell me the estimated cost. Please also tell me what are other ways of operation apart from laser. Like they will cut it from knife or scissor. Please give me estimated cost of every mode for hospital like Apollo and forte. Thanks.
I have snoring problem. I could not breath while sleeping backside down. I have to sleep front side down, it leads saliva out of mouth. Please help.
Dr. My ear is paining from 5 months, when I checked from Dr. He is saying ear is ok. Due to this my jaw also paining. Give me some suggestions plz.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
I lost my father 10 years ago and since then my mother has been working. Her office timings are from 10 am-6 pm. Firstly she complained about excessive bleeding and like something is shivering within the ankles. She also felt as if something hair-like substance is always present below her tongue in her mouth. Sought several medication (both allopathic and homeopathic) but none of them helped. Since her childhood, allopathic medicines always posed problems for her as it never suited her (feels like burning within). In 2013, she underwent a surgery and got her uterus removed. But after her operation when she was given allopathic medicines in abundance, problem of acidity began. Doctors said she is suffering from depression. Right now she is taking homeopathic medicine. She also sees a lot of dreams in her sleep at night and a results she wakes up 2 to 3 times during the night. And the moment she wakes up. Her heartbeat increases tremendously. And feels as if whole body is burning.help me on this
Doctor, I am 56 years of age, non smoker. I am having chronic sinus problem with regular nasal discharge and bad breath. Also I have whistling sound while exhaling. Kindly advice action.
I have throat problem like when I take spicy foods its could affect after few hours my thoar is feel like fire how to solve this?
I am 39 years old suffering from polyp in left vocal cord. Any remedy in medicine or other therapy without surgery. What is the risk factor associated?
I am Suffering from cough during one year. It becomes in bulk .I am bothering it from a long time . Please help me doctor .Actually I have tonsils problem also. What should I do to cure it. My mouth also become smelly sometimes due to it. Please doctors help me. I did many treatments for it. So doctor please help in this .I shall be very thankful to you :)
I am 35 years old and I feel something is stuck inside my throat. From some days mostly after eating food. What should I do? Please advice!
I snore a lot. During the day time also while breathing, person side by me can observe and hear my breathing sound as well. What to do is their any medicine available to stop snoring?
What is Type-1 Diabetes?
Type-1 Diabetes, also known as Diabetes Mellitus type-1, is a condition which is characterised by the lack of sufficient amount of insulin in the body. This is a chronic condition and cannot be cured. The insufficient amount of insulin in the blood results in the spike in blood sugar levels, which in turn, can damage various organs in the body. However, with proper therapy and treatment, it can be controlled and the quality of life can be improved for the patient.
The tell-tale signs and symptoms of this type of diabetes are the frequent urges to urinate, increase in appetite, increased thirst and rapid weight loss. It is most commonly diagnosed in children or young adults and thus, it was previously known as juvenile diabetes.
Glucose and other types of sugars are essential for the body cells to absorb energy. The glucose that is present in the blood is taken up with the help of insulin and utilised for energy. The lack of this hormone renders the glucose useless as it is not being able to enter the body cells. This is precisely type-1 diabetes.
What Causes It?
The cause of type-1 diabetes is not known entirely. Although, there are certain theories that explain the cause –
Genetics: The chances of getting type-1 diabetes are increased in children if either of their parents suffers through from this disease. More than 50 genes are involved in diabetes type-1.
Environmental factors: Environmental factors are also thought to play a role in type-1 diabetes.
Viral infection: A theory suggests that viral infections are responsible for type-1 diabetes. According to this theory, the virus activates the auto-immune system of the body which in turn attacks the pancreatic beta cells along with the cells that are infected by the virus. Viruses like Epstein-Barr virus, Mumps virus, rubella virus etc. are considered to be responsible for the same.
How Is It Treated?
Many people with type-1 diabetes live long, healthy lives. The key to good health is to keep your blood sugar levels within the range your doctor gives you. You’ll need to check them often and adjust insulin, food, and activities to make that happen.
All people with type-1 diabetes must use insulin injections to control their blood sugar. Several types of insulin are available. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist and ask a free question.
I am suffering from ear blockage, followed by giddiness and heaviness in my head. Is it a serious problem?
I am feeling dizziness quite often these days. Not sure if it's eye sight problem or some related to brain. Can anyone suggest some thing.
Nosebleeds are a common occurrence, and may indicate a severe medical condition. The rupture of the blood vessels within the front and back of the nose can cause such bleeding. These blood vessels are very tender and, thus, bleed easily.
There are two kinds of nose bleeds: namely anterior and posterior nosebleeds.
An anterior nosebleed occurs when the blood vessels at the front of the nose break or rupture, giving rise to bleeding. A posterior nosebleed is when the rupture takes place in a deeper part of the nose. The latter is more dangerous because blood can flow down the back of the throat.
Some of the causes of nose bleeding are:
- Trauma to the face, such as a punch on the face
- Repeated bouts of nose picking or irritation can also cause nosebleed
- Although rare, inability of the blood to clot can also cause the nose to bleed
- High blood pressure can also be a contributing factor
According to some people, cold can cause your nose to bleed. This holds true to an extent. Among the many reasons that can cause the nosebleed, summers serve as one.
This is because:
- Summer months are dry and hot, both of which are bad for your nose. The protective coating of mucus present within the nasal cavity can get dry due to low humidity in the hot months. The loss of the mucus causes your nasal cavity to be prone to dryness, leading to subsequent bleeding.
- The heat also has another damaging effect, as summers tend to intensify allergy, and an allergic reaction can cause nosebleeds.
Washing your nose with cool water and avoiding being subjected to direct sunlight may help to prevent nosebleeds. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.