Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh KaslaYour feedback matters!
I have a 10 years old boy suspect adhd. He take atomoxetine hydrochloride for 1 month. Any other remedy is available which has no side effects?
Hello My 3 years old child has not passed stools for five consecutive days. We have tried all means to stimulate him and also fed him fibre rich food but all of that was of no use. Please help. Thanks in advance.
My 14 year old son ( obese)passed bright red blood in good quantity while passing stool in the morning two times at a gap of 10 days. Both the time he had eaten heavily at a party previous night. No other pain noticed. What cud be the reason For the same
My baby girl is 8 months old and she is weighing 7.3 kg. Please let me know if her weight is correct.
Hi mam or sir. My 9 months old son is suffering from past 4 days with vomit and loose motion. I have consulted doctor it is little bit decreased but be on crying. please tell me how to stop him crying and why he is crying?
My son weight is not increasing for last 4 months sir. Could any body please suggest any tips to increase the weight. My son age is 22 months.
I am concerned about introducing certain food to my 6 months old as she hasn't pooped for last 3 days. Is it okay to give barley cereal, brown rice, ragi,sooji, kellogs oats and veggies during night. Which foods from above should be given to the baby at night and which all fruits to be given and when.
Adolescence is a period of transition from childhood toadulthood. It is also a period of biologic, physical, emotional, and cognitive change. Teenagers want to be more independent, have an active lifestyle, and find their identity. They are frequently sensitive to criticism. These factors can put the adolescent at nutritional risk. In addition to growth and greater demand for calories and nutrients, their change in lifestyle affects food choices. Adolescents may skip meals, eat away from home, increase snacking, eat more convenience fast foods, and generally be more responsible for their food intake.4–6
Adolescents today are inundated with images of the “ideal body” from all types of media and at the same time struggling to define their own body image during an impressionable phase of their lives. It is during this time that disordered eating can become apparent and can manifest itself in an obsession with weight control, which can lead to long-term health concerns. Eating together as a family in a relaxed environment is very important at this stage.
The typical adolescent may display the following nutritional habits:
• Derives over 30% of calories from fat
• Skips breakfast (20%)
• Skips lunch (22%)
• Snacks heavily from 3:00 pm to bedtime (50%)
My baby is 3 months old and bothe and my baby have cough and cold. Which medicine is preferable to us so that no harm is caused to my baby?
Hi My son age is 2 years. He is very like to drink yakult he is drinker 1 bottle of yakult everyday. drinker yakult for 2 years baby that is good for baby or not? Please help me.
My daughter has persistent cough sometimes please prescribe some antibiotic to cure it she is 4years old.
My son of 8 years old is not ready to write any thing or the exam and also he does not want to write. He is ready to read but not write. At home in the mothers presence he does the home work. From past 6 months he has got a habit to take any material book, box or his palm and call up to some one as a mobile. Please I am really very much worried. Give me some solution.
My one year old baby boy is getting hard stools and pushes very hard while doing this. It is since her birth. What to do?
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.