Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh DesaiYour feedback matters!
Suffering from severe low back pain take medicine but no recovery in spite of precaution. Hot fermentation also. In digital xray nothing found. Pls guide.
I am 41 for the past 2 3 months I am having leg ache off and on I do not have any other ailments. I regularly go for morning walks for about 6 kms.
My grandmother feel vomiting when she eat spices food and sometimes she's legs and hand are panning What should I do?
Sir I am facing problems of memory loss and concentration lacking. This is due to side effects of allopathy antidepressant orange 5 mg medicine that I was taking for last 8 years. Now I am not taking. I have been advised to take ginkgo biloba 1x. It is improving my symptoms. Sir I want to know if I leave this medicine after 1 month then will I get the above problems back or not? For maintaining normal memory and concentration, how long I have to take this medicine? please reply me by homeopathic expert only.
My left shoulder keeps on paining constantly since last couple of months. If I breath full lung feel the pain more. Please advise.
Hi, I am 29, male and feeling neck pain (stiff neck). Today I got x-ray of cervical spine ap & lateral view and found that" marginal squaring of vertebral and plates with pointing at joints of luschaka noted b/l c4-c6 with no definite posterior osteo-phytosis" borderline degenerative changes noted in basic views of cervical pain. Please suggest some ways to overcome this problem.
I work as a field executive and spend 6-7 hours in the field and drive tw. Recently I found that when I go to bed at night there is a huge back pain. Its only happen when I go to bed for sleep. Is it because I drive tw for more then 5 hours or something else? please suggest.
I. aM 50year old male. I have a pain in my legs below the knee (calf) for the past 8yrs. I take medicine for heart problem.
Gone are the days when bone ailments and damages were detected based on the experience and superficial conversations made by the physicians. These days with the advent of radio waves, medical science has made significant progress that has enabled a detailed overview of what exactly is going on inside your body and what should be the most relevant treatment in that regard. Magnetic Resonance Imaging or more commonly known as MRIs are a boon when it comes to diagnosing orthopedic and musculoskeletal complaints.
Common Uses of the Procedure:
MR imaging is usually the best choice for examining the:
- body’s major joints.
- spine for back pain
- soft tissues (muscles, tendons and ligaments) and bones of the extremities.
MR imaging is typically performed to diagnose or evaluate:
- degenerative joint disorders such as arthritis.
- tears of the menisci, ligaments and tendons (knee) or rotator cuff and labrum (shoulder and hip).
- fractures (in selected patients).
- spinal disk abnormalities (such as a herniated disk).
- the integrity of the spinal cord after trauma.
- sports-related injuries and work-related disorders caused by repeated strain, vibration or forceful impact.
- infections (such as osteomyelitis).
- tumors (primary tumors and metastases) involving soft tissues around the joints and extremities (such as muscles, bones and joints).
- pain, swelling or bleeding in the tissues in and around the joints and extremities.
- congenital malformations of the extremities in children and infants.
- developmental abnormalities of the extremities in children and infants.
- congenital and idiopathic (developing during adolescence) scoliosis prior to surgery.
- tethered spinal cord (abnormal stretching in the spinal cord) in infants and children.
In this process, X-rays and radio waves are subjected upon the affected region to examine the conditions of the bones, tissues, muscles and also detect the presence of tumours. This is majorly a non-invasive test and is painless. It does not use ionizing rays and therefore does not harm the body in any which way. The MRIs capture a detailed picture of the organs and the internal body structures and then transmit them onto a computer screen for the physician to monitor the inside story.
- MRI is an imaging technique that does not require exposure to radiation.
- MR images of the soft-tissue structures of the body (particularly muscles, bones and joints) are often clearer and more detailed than with other imaging methods. This detail makes MRI an invaluable tool in early diagnosis and evaluation of many conditions, including tumors.
- MRI can distinguish abnormal tissues from normal tissues much more accurately than most other imaging tests (x-ray, CT, etc.).
- MRI enables the discovery of abnormalities that might be obscured by bone with other imaging methods.
- The contrast material used in MRI exams is less likely to produce an allergic reaction than the iodine-based contrast materials used for conventional x-rays and CT scanning.
- MR images allow the physician to clearly see even very small tears and injuries to tendons, ligaments and muscles and some fractures that cannot be seen on x-rays and CT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a radiologist.