Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev Gurunath RedkarYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 5 months old. I have started giving outside food. She is always crying even after taking a food. Please suggest solution for this.
Hi I have a question for my 9 month kid. Please help me with my doubts. My baby born weight is 2.91 but after 8 months weight does not increase. What to do. Also she was fair but now she is becoming dark day by day. It's because of summer. Please help me rectify the issue for my daughter.
What are healthy foods that helps infants growth when they just started eating in 6 months around 8-9 months if baby growth is not as per WHO standards and how frequently is growth to be monitored ?
My baby is six months old. He has developed some kind of infection around his pee area. May be due to sweat and diaper. It's like fungal infection. Can we use soframycin over that area? Or what should we do for quick relief.
How to know that ur child is not having down syndrome if she having some symtoms of down syndrome.She is growing with slower speed.
Is cerelac necessary for 6months baby? Is it safe or continue with milk? Mention the food for 6 months baby. Answer me soon.
My 14 months daughter have fever, vomiting with cough and cold last from 5 days. Medicines: Calpol + Clavam syrup + Tixylix. Please help me.
Hi sir I am 6 year married lady. Still I not have any kid. Gone though a lot medical test n now I want some other methods for pregnancy. Is surrogacy is safe.
My daughter is 5 year old, many time see feel moderate stomach pain for last 1 year, please suggest me test for useful of know the reason.
My baby is 7 weeks old and after 6 months vaccination loses motion started what to do now poo is yellow and watery we are giving him cow milk nd mother's feed pls sugest what to do.
Mera beta 2 sal ka hai ek saal tak wo dikhne me bada healthy tha per uske bad jab uske sant nikalne shuru hue to wo pahle jaisa nahi raha kya ye normal phase hai uska weight abi 9.5 kg hae.
My son is just 5 years old. he inserted rubber pieces in his ear its very closer to ear drum doctor told us after giving anesthesia only we can remove is their any home remedy to it. Or any suggestions.
My elder sister is blessed with baby girl, baby age is 40days. Mother's milk is not getting enough for the baby. Which food items do my sister take to get milk. Thank you.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!