Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajani Modi
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Rajani ModiYour feedback matters!
I am not able to loose my weight. I am taking proper meal and doing regular exercise But still I am not able to.
Gone are the days when a man is only attracted towards a woman and vice-a-versa. In today's fast changing scenario one can experience physical attraction towards anyone. With the ever widening spectrum of definitions attached to gender and sexuality, we acquaint ourselves with an enormous range of gender notions and understandings pertaining to sexuality. Gone are the days of the water-tight polarities of male and female bodies and their mutual attractions. The society is by and large opening up to the possibility of sexual attractions besides and beyond the normative bounds of heterosexuality or so we hope.
One of the most significant struggles of contemporary times is the quest for acceptance and acknowledgement of queer identities and breaking all the discriminatory stigmas attached to them. While one cannot really be inveigled into advocating one form of sexuality over the other, the main argument of the movement is to allow anyone and everyone to freely express and exercise their sexual affinities and identities beyond the restrictions of sex, gender, class, caste, race or any such constructed categories.
Amidst the struggle for championing the cause of free love, there are certain nuances about one's sexuality that have emerged as discrete identities within the larger understanding of the LGBTQ movement.
Among the others, Pansexuality is relatively a more incipient concept.
Unlike bisexuality, which conforms to the conventional gender definitions, i.e male and female and professes attraction to both or either, pansexuality is a more inclusive expression of sexuality wherein one feels attracted to anyone, irrespective of one's sex or gender identity. Pansexuality vouches for strong sexual feelings for those who may not identify with a specific gender and consequently, includes transgender and transsexuals within its purview.
A pansexual is never inhibited or restricted by a person's gender or sex. Initially coined by Sigmund Freud to describe the basis of human interactions in purely sociological terms, the term was later adopted by the LGBTQ activities to describe the group of people whose sexual predispositions were not delineated by gender constructs. For a pansexual, there is a lurking and consistent possibility of getting attracted to anybody at any given situation. Numerous celebrities like Laci Green and Miley Cyrus are explicitly pansexual.
However, the pansexual community is constantly plagued by myriad indignities and disgraces. Many have labelled them debauch and promiscuous while others try to sympathize with them perceiving them as led awry and confused. In fact one of the major misconception with regard to pansexuality is that it is synonymous to bisexuality. Yet others deride this claim by stating that it is merely a modern fad with no genuine basis.
Like it or not, pansexuality is a reality, relevant to a lot of our lives. In fact, it secularized love to an unprecedented extent and really lets nothing come in the way. In a world strewn with hostility, hatred and violence, if a sizeable number wishes to advocate indiscriminate and unhindered love, it surely bodes happiness for all.
Recently my blood report shows signs of diabetes. Report read, fasting 139, post prandial 270. I am 59 years old and good physical shape. 6 Ft height weight 87 Kg.
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference in the long-term and on a sustainable basis. Presently, it is used by over 200 million people. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high in dosage. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
Following are the 7 myths about homeopathy:
- Training: It is a major myth that homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on pathology, anatomy and other fields like materia medica and homeopathic philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. However, the fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Unscientific medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on periodic tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in cases where there is ultimate need of manual intervention where medicinal action is not suggestive eg: fractures, appendicitis, large tumors, etc.
- No proof of efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame. It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
I am at border line diabetic but not taking any medicine however taking regular medicine for tg and thyroid. Im taking Atocor F and Thyronorm 25 daily for last 3 months. Now my blood test report shows normal thyroid and little hgh of tg (206). Now shall I continue the medicine and whats about my border line diabetic I.E HBA1C-6.5.
Hi I my name is monu and m 26 years old and my weight is so low so lonely guide me how to gain my what.
I am a 36 years old male and have deep thinking, anxiety and loss weight. Advice me about these problems.
My mother is 41 years old. She is suffering from diabetics since 6 years. Recently she gave birth to child. If there are any issues due to birth and further future issues.
The physical side to love in any relationship is very important. Just like the need to have food and water, intimacy is also a primal requirement in life. Most human beings have a need for intimacy for a healthy sexual life, which determines their overall wellbeing. If there are physical or psychological problems with a person’s sexuality, it can hamper their self-confidence and thus degrade the quality of their life. In such cases a medical professional such as a urologist, gynecologist or sexologist who are qualified doctors need to be consulted.
The hocus pocus medicine-
In the modern world, aggressive marketing and pseudo-science have teamed up to make healthy people insecure about their sexuality to make a quick buck. This results in harm to an individual’s body, mind and general well-being. Sometimes people may take genuine drugs for enhancement themselves which may end up having adverse effects on the body. Some of the bogus treatments as well as the dangers of self-medication are mentioned here.
Treatments which are bogus by nature-
While there are some genuine medications as well as sexual prosthetics available form genuine sources, a large section of the devices available are bogus and don’t come from genuine sources. Some of these are:-
Penile Enlargement Devices: This is possibly the largest industry based on medical hoax and pseudo medical therapy in the world. There are a range of medical products which claim to enlarge penis size. None of the products available actually do anything but play on the fears of the customer that they are small. Some examples of these are:-
Penis Enlargement Pills: Claims to make the penis larger by encouraging blood flow into the penis. However, the only things that can be achieved by this means at best are longer and harder erections although it does nothing about the size of the penis. It may even have adverse effects on your heart and lungs if you have an undiagnosed condition and self-medicate. They may even be placebo pills or in a worst case scenario contain chemicals toxic to your body.
Penis Extenders: These are one of the most dangerous of devices touted as a miracle in penis enlargement. These devices contain two clamp like structures which are held in place by rods which are extendable in length. They claim to work by keeping the penis stretched and then slowly increasing the tension to increase the size gradually over time. However, this may only end up damaging your organ permanently and even cause erectile dysfunction by rupturing tissue.
Vacuum Pumps: More in the realm of sex toys, some have been touted to increase penis size in the long run. These devices are placed on base of the penis with a rubber mounting and a glass or plastic case on top. The air is drained out mechanically and the lower air pressure within draws blood into the penis. This engorges the penis and causes a hard and large erection which may often be misconstrued as an enlargement. Prolonged use of this can damage the blood vessels within the organ causing them to rupture and leading to erectile dysfunction.
Enlargement Creams and Oils: This is another scam which claims to enlarge the penis with the help of special creams that claim to have natural “ingredients”. At best they can induce an erection by stimulating blood flow but can also cause irritations and allergies. It may lead to serious skin disorders due to an adverse reaction as well.
Vaginal Tightening Gels: This is another category of product which claims to perform permanent changes when used over time. Vaginal tightening gels may work for a short period by engorging the blood vessels inside the vagina. However, these don’t work in the long run and may, in fact, end up causing infections, or gynecological disorders caused by reactions to the ingredients.
Herbal Supplements: Another category which has caught on all over the world and is very dangerous are the medications that are touted to come from alternative forms of medicine.
What is an Aphrodisiac?
In recent times, use of aphrodisiacs has become the rage. Aphrodisiacs are substances that are said to increase sexual desires when consumed. It functions by increasing the sex drive, your performance in bed and increasing your sexual energy. Some people take it to save their marriages and others just take it prior to sex every time to show an increase in their sexual prowess.
Is it really safe to use it?
Sometimes, people are so carried away by the effects they have on them, that they simply seem to ignore or bypass its probable ugly side.
While the aphrodisiacs may function by increasing the blood flow to the genital areas, it can also call a severe drop in blood pressure that is very harmful. It can also include side effects such as nausea, dizziness, stroke, increased risk of cancer, enlargement of the prostate, loss of consciousness and even severe headaches.
People do not consider the safety of these drugs and consume the same without knowing its effects. Some aphrodisiacs are shown to cause damage to the liver and in more severe cases, can cause liver cirrhosis.
Uses and Dangers of Using Sex Enhancing Instruments-
Instruments such as penis pumps, penis extensors and exercises such as Jelquing exercises are used to increase the size of the penis by physical methods. These techniques can be used to temporarily cure impotence. These techniques can be very dangerous, and it may cause vascular damages to the penis. The Jelquing exercise if done without lubrication can cause severe damage due to friction.
The promise of an easy and quick fix through aggressive marketing may sound very good. However, you should remember that if something sounds too good to be true in most cases it is. What you need to do is to consult a qualified medical practitioner, who can give you the best treatment for your problem. Remember, in most cases, the sexual problems are created with the help of media, marketing and false advertising such as in the case of penile enlargement (which plays on the fears that a man is small). This can then allow someone to buy into a hoax as they think they may have a problem when in actuality, they don’t.