Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Raj Agarwal

Cardiologist, Mumbai

500 at clinic
Dr. Raj Agarwal Cardiologist, Mumbai
500 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Raj Agarwal
Dr. Raj Agarwal is one of the best Cardiologists in Worli, Mumbai. You can visit him at J. C. Hospital in Worli, Mumbai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Raj Agarwal on

Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

J. C. Hospital

#390, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Worli, Landmark: Near Saty Narayen Temple, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
500 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Raj Agarwal

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I' m 43 years old, I have done 2 stent in my heart, what precaution should I take ?

MBBS, MD - General Medicine
General Physician, Ahmedabad
Avoid oily and spicy foods avoid table salt do exercise 30 min daily continue the medicines which have been prescribed to u avoid physical and mental stress
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am Aruna I am 23 year old girl and I have high blood pressure problem last one year what should I do.

Ayurveda, Ambala
Dear, To control & maintan BP normal these are best methods to follow:.• Do physical exercise like jogging, running or brisk walk for atleast 20-30 minutes. • Maintain your cholesterol level to normal & eat least amount of butter, cream or fatty things. • Eat less amount of pickle, salt and fast food as they contain high sodium levels. • Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking. • Take less amount of caffine containing coffee, tea or cold drinks because caffine causes increase BP. • Drink 8 to 10 glass of water daily • Take 6 to 8 hrs of sleep daily. Do not take too much stress. • Do long breathing pranayams (Anulom- Vilom, Bhramari) daily for 10 - 15 minutes. It will reduce your stress level in your body. • Eat healthy diet such as green leafy vegetables, fruits. • Take 5 ml of GULAB Jal added in a glass of water daily once a day.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Chest pain. The first thing you may think of is heart attack. Certainly chest pain is not something to ignore. But you should know that it has many possible causes.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Dear Lybrateuser, There are many causes of chest pain like acidity, chest infection etc to be decided by the doctor but a sudden stabbing pain which had not occured earlier should be treated as emergency.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have developed a fatty heart. please tell what measures to take and possible cure?

MBBS, DNB (General Medicine)
Endocrinologist, Delhi
Fatty liver is a condition where your liver has become super-saturated with fats. To understand fatty liver- you need to understand that our body needs to break down dietary fats that we eat, into tiny particles called fatty acids so that they can be utilised for various other needs in the body. This enormous task is delegated to our liver. Our liver works day in and day out any rest to keep on processing this fat that we eat. When inspite of its fast pace the liver is overburdened by excessive fat intake- it starts to accumulate fats and becomes fatty. So the simplest and easiest cure is to watch the fats that you consume in diet. You may argue that you hardly take any fats but once you start paying attention you will realise that we consume a lot of fats without even consciously knowing.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How to reduce cholesterol rapidly with natural herbs and without allopathy medication. Do stations harm our liver actually.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
hi... You can control cholesterol / hdl / ldl/t.g. and obesity by using following flax oil, omega-3 fatty meal or cap., take . green veg., whole grain foods, spicy foods, Use GARLIC in foods daily ,. Cod liver oil. Low sugar foods, low calories foods. Change own life style . do meditation,yoga, Go walk daily in morning and evening, do any one physically activity daily i.e. play any game., Avoid fast foods, oily foods, alcohol,smoking, fatty foods, non-veg., avoid stress, take plenty of water in day time. These are helful also reduced obesity. one important that is take 1 glass of water before bed at night. Because it protect from heart fail during sleep at night. Welcome in lybrate.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am diabetic and want to know the medicine which really reduces cholesterol level and helps in maintaining good erection.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Homoeopathic medicine CHOLESTRINUM 3X ( Dr Reckeweg) Chew 2 tab 3 times daily DAMIAPLANT ( Schwabe german) Drink 15 drops in 20 ml fresh water 3 times daily. Report after 2 months.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 34 year old I am leaving in gwalior. I am facing chest pain problem. please tell me whar should.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.For your age pain chest could be due to anxiety, stress,Physical and mental strain, hyper acidity or muscle pull 2. Avoid stress and strain 3.Do regular exercise, Yoga, Meditation, deep breathing exercise like pranayama etc. It will calm your mind, control your emotion and relieve stress 4 Avoid Alcohol, smoking and tobacco consumption. 5. Take bland diet, avoid spicy, oily, fatty and junk food 6..Take paracetamol 500mg one tablet sos after food up to a maximum of three tablets daily, at the time of chest pain 7. Drink plenty of water and take rest .8.if you have recurrent attack of chest pain take ECG and consult cardiologist
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Doctor sahib, I am 60 year old and my weight is about 100 kgs and having blood pressure problem and for bp, I am taking medicine. I want want to reduce my weight to 70/75 kg. I am taking one time meal at about 8 p.m. Please guide me, so I can change my life , so no other illness will come in my life. Harish dhawan.

CME Course in Diabetes for Family Physicians, Certificate in Child Health , BHMS
Homeopath, Gurgaon
Rather than skipping meals, have small meals.Add more of salads, fruits in between meal times so that you don't stay hungry.Reduce oily, fried food, sweets, cold drinks.Have instead sprouts, almonds, raisins, walnuts, roasted chana when hungry.Do brisk walking for 45 mins everyday.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hyy I'm 27 year old I have heart pain from past 3-4 months, I had done all tests they are normal, but still I have suffocation problem. What should I do?

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
If heart reports are normal, may be suffocation is due to lungs /pollution or gastric problems. Write other symptoms if any.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having high triglycerides which is above normal please tell me how to reduce my triglycerides also my good cholesterol is less but overall cholesterol is normal for me.

MBBS, DMRD, MD - Radio Diagnosis, FIIM(Ayurved), D.SC, Post Doctoral Fellowship of Institute of Indian Medicine, Ph.D
Non-Invasive Conservative Cardiac Care Specialist, Ahmednagar
Dear Lipids, cholesterol is made in liver as needed. Food does not alter this. Please enjoy walking daily. Relaaax. Enjoy exercise. Stores is major cause of such disturbed cholesterol levels. So attend stress management courses. Enjoy what you do. Be happy. You are young. Vm.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My fathers is 79 years old and suffering from hypertension from last 23 years but now managed well with medication. Recently in last 15 days his blood sugar level is increased. There is only elevation in fasting blood sugar level (around 124mg) checked thrice and no elevation in postprandial blood sugar level (around 145 mg) also checked thrice. Then we done Hb1 Ac test and the result of same is well under control diabetes. He is not having any medication for the diabetes uptill now. So what can I do? Shall I go to Ayurvedic doctor or allopathic doctor? Also suggest any other possible way to overcome this.

MBBS, CCEBDM, Diploma in Diabetology
Endocrinologist, Hubli-Dharwad
Mr. Lybrate-user, if blood sugar levels are mentioned, then there is no need for starting any treatment for diabetes, because it is called as pre-diabetes. (fasting above 108 to 125 mg and pp 141 to 199 mg / 100 ml) or also known as impaired glucose tolerance (igt). There is no treatment recommended in this situation. But a strict diet control and regular exercise is a must. Also avoiding alcohol and smoking will help in delaying diabetes. If you have any doubts please do come back. Thanks for the question.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have chest pain over 15 days? Please tell me what should I do, please tell me answer.

General Physician, Gurgaon
You may be having chest pain due to 1.acidity. 2. severe anxiety 3. muscular problem Local application of Volini gel 1% twice a day for 2-3 day Consult Physician/me for Further Management
12 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, My mother is 48 years old and suffering from heart diseases. What types of food she takes in her diet chart?

MD-Physician, PGDCC
Cardiologist, Jaipur
Hello. A heart disease patient should not be taking much oils. And all oils are bad. Use rise bran oil in cooking. Less sugars. Less fatty food. Consult an expert on this if you need.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have heart blockage 80%.i am taking rozucor 40 croprlet metaguard. It is continued from last 1 year should I continue lifelong. I have high bp also.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear Lybrateuser, -As you have heart blockage & BP problem you have to take medication regularly & may be lifelong for which you have to be regularly monitored by doing investigations & then your cardiologist will decide whether to alter dose or change medication as per the investigation results -you have to lead a healthy lifestyle with proper well balanced diet & regular exercise.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am in Bangalore, and my mom has a sickness (blood pressure and other common sicknesses) but she is in Afghanistan, is there a way to bring a copy of her check up to write her medicine? Or how can you advise me? For, she can not come here. Looking for an answer regards.

Homeopath, Secunderabad
The best practical way would be for her to get her health reviewed there. That's because we have to allow the doctor to check her and decide what to prescribe. Later you can send the generic medicine from here if needed.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pre hypertension my age is 23 n bp is 80-140 or something. Which medicine should I take. My doctor is giving me tenoric 25. N he has told me to completely say no to gym. Is that really I should do? I searched online everywhere it is said that exercise daily. Please reply.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, you should not join the gym, but can go for a morning walk daily. Take the regular medicine for bp and follow these home remedy:- 1. Bananas are one fruit that people with high blood pressure can eat regularly to control it. Bananas are a rich source of potassium, which lessens the effect of sodium. So, try to eat one or two bananas daily. Along with bananas, you can try dried apricots, raisins, orange juice, spinach, baked sweet potatoes. 2. Eat one or two crushed garlic cloves daily. You can simply crush them with your hands. Crushing garlic cloves creates hydrogen sulfide, a compound that promotes good blood flow, removes gas and reduces the pressure on the heart. If you do not like eating raw garlic or if it causes a burning sensation, then take it along with a cup of milk. You can also mix five or six drops of garlic juice in four teaspoons of water and take it twice a day.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is facing breathing problem and also severe constipation and high BP.From few days she is not well despite taking medicines.In the early morning she faces headache problem and she needs to go for frequent urine pass at night.Please guide us what we should do to make her well ?

General Physician, Hyderabad
For constipation and Ano-rectal problems: 1.Take high fibre diet 2.Drink more water 3.Local area hygiene 4.More green leafy vegetables in the diet 5.Fruits 6.Avoid spicy & masala items 7.Hot cooked food good 8.Avoid non-veg. Use medicines given for BP regularly &timely For breathing problem lung exercises+yoga+meditation
1 person found this helpful

Sir, my heart has been enlarged recently 5 months back. I am diabetic n my ef is 40% n I got stroke twice in this period. Sir, I request your valuable suggestions regd diet, medications, n precautionary measures to be taken at the time of heart attack.

MBA (Healthcare), CCH, PGDEMS, BHMS
General Physician, Mumbai
restrict your liquid intake to 1.5 liter per day Liquid in any form sugar should be strictly under control take medicines regularly to screen your self and see doctor on regular basis for more details and medicines see me in private thanks
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have got angiography done last year, again I want to confirm, if there is a change in the report, can I do it now?

Certificate in Laparoscopic and Thoracoscopic Surgery, Fellowship in Paediatric cardiac Surgery, M. Ch. (CVTS), MS, MBBS
Cardiologist, Calicut
Yes, you can. But it is not without risk. I suggest a ct angiogram if you are keen to know about the coronaries. But why? if you have any problems the cardiologist will advice you. Relax and see your doctor regularly. Dr. Benedict bangalore.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed