Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R P ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 23 year old women my problem yah hai mere breast bahut hi dheele hai meri 3sal pahle ek ladki hui thi tabhi se mere braist bahut loose ho gye hai isse mere husband meri taraf aakrsit nhi hote doosri ourto ko dekhe sir please help.
My wife age is 36 years and she has some kind of Rasoli in her head. She has no pain but day by day those are increase in her head. What should I do at this stage? Kindly suggests me in situations?
Whether Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy are successive methods of treatment for Uterus Cancer ? Or Any Natural Treatment is best (ex" Soursop or Aloe Vera)
Actually i had a throat infection and while that I had consumed some alcohol and now I having dry thorat and a mild pain near my glands and irritation and its almost more than week I am having this issue so I am afraid that can it be cancer.
My mother is a breast cancer patient. Her chemotherapy is going on. She has certain fever now. What should I do? Comment fast please.
3rd stage of ovary cancer. 4 chemotherapy are completed but no change. Doctors are telling to do operation but their is no assurance given to it. please help us.
Dr. My mother is aged 80. She was diagnosed to have MTB after a bronchoscopy about 5 months back by a chest specialist. She is given Mycobutol 1000mg, R Cinex 600mg alongwith her BP and diabetes medicines. She has been advised to restrict her total fluid (water+other fluids) consumption to just 1 to 1.250 litres per day. He echo cardiagram gives an EF value of 55% and the Chest scan report says'No significant fluid collection" Pls advise me whether she will have to live with this limited fluid consumption of 1 to 1.25 litres for the rest of her life. Or this fluid restriction will be increased or removed after the treatment for MTB is completed? Is there any other way of overcoming this water restriction safely without any future complications? Chennai city is always hot and 1 to 1.250 litres of fluid is too little to manage with. Thank you
My father in law suffering from metastatic pancreatic cancer, any cure for this disease or what should we do now?
I am 20 years old. Yesterday at night I had noticed a pain in my breast and there is swollen and also I feel like that right breast have little size changes. And I have seen in google that younger age slim ladies will mostly breast cancer is found. And I am slim also is dis is a breast cancer. What will I do? help me.
Meri left side breast ke left taraf hat ucha karke soti hun to ek chotasa lump mehsus hota hai or thoda sa pain vi hai. Main 22 ki women hun. Mujhe bohat dar lagraha hai, main kya karu?
I am 51 years old. For the past 24 years I am struggling with diabetes. I always used to drink coffee, tea with sugar substitute by using SUGAR FREE natural. TWO days back, one dietician told me" don't use Sugar free" because it will lead to Cancer. Is it true? Is there any pool proof research result? Shall I continue to use? Kindly advise.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.