Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Pushpa GykwardYour feedback matters!
Both my eyes waters a lot since a long time. Is this any type of indication? How should I take any preventive steps to avoid this.
5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
I have specs from last 5 years. I get irritated after wearing specs. Always I feel that my eyes are wet but not watering. Always I get dirt from my eyes that is transparent in colour. What should I do please help me.
It happens sometimes when I'm sitting somewhere for a while and I want to get up. It gets dark in front of my eyes and then slowly goes away. What is my problem?
My grand daughter 3 year old developed suddenly quick blinking of eyes. For the last 2 months it is there. Eye doctor checked and said no problem with vision or eye. Please advise homoeo medicine for this kid for this eye blinking thanks.
Sir 10 saal pahale mere aankh me halki chot lag gyi thi us samay kuchh nhi pta chala likin ab halka dhundhla dikhta hai aur drd krti hai. Ab kaise sahi hogi. Eska treatment kaise krayen.
My eyesight is weak and wearing glasses for three years. What should I have to do for betterment of my eyes?
I have myopia. I checked last year I had -2.5 in left eye and -3.0 in right eye. The problem is that for the last 3-4 years these numbers are increasing (and rarely decreasing). And, currently I think these numbers are increased as I am having problems in reading distant objects even after wearing glasses. I am studying software engineering so I have to work on laptop for 6-7 hours everyday and I also watch TV occasionally. Doctor, what should I do? Thanks.
I am a 20 year old boy. I use computer daily and sometimes my eye swells and it lasts for a few days. Is that a severe problem?
Hi Sir, I have myopia in my left eye and I want to know that is there any medicine which can stop my increasing number of eye?
I am 22 year male, I have red eyes from two days what can I do, please suggest me some best tricks or medicine.
I have res eyes from many days I eat everything I sleep well in night then why I am thin tell me please.
Problems in vision are a common occurrence these days; various factors such as spending a lot of time looking at smartphones and computers are a major cause of these problems. There are various natural remedies which can help you improve your eyesight, they are:
- Wash, especially after coming back from outside, your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes regularly with water helps in clearing out debris from the eyes and relaxing the eye muscles.
- Eat Healthy: Eating a healthy diet that has lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes as they contain important nutrients such as vitamin A. You should include foods such as carrots, fish oil, cabbage and eggs in your diet.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and iron which are very good for your eyesight. You may consume carrot in the form of juices or salads.
- Almonds and other nuts:Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for the eyes.
- Walk barefoot: Walking barefoot on green grass is therapeutic for your eyes as it enhances your eye power. It is recommended you walk early in the morning to get maximum benefits.
- Eye exercises: You should do various eye exercise to improve your eyesight as these exercises help in rejuvenating muscles of the eye. The muscles in the eye are strengthened which leads to better vision.
- Triphala remedy: This is a treatment that combines three herbal fruits which treat various eye disorders, eye weaknesses and hair problems. Triphala helps in eliminating toxins from your body and make your eyes healthy.
- Reduce screen time: Avoid extra working hours on computers and mobiles as far as possible. Especially playing video games. This can save you from computer vision syndrome.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes: This habit can lead to frequent infections and shedding of eyelashes . Also, this is one of the causes of dark circles.
- Proper sleep: Importance of proper rest to the eyes cannot be denied and is equally important in general wellbeing.
Lastly, if anything is bothering your eyes seek help immediately before the problem increases.
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time. The optic nerve is a bundle of millions of nerve fibres which carry visual impulse from the retina at the back of eye to the brain. The increased Eye pressure, called intraocular pressure, can damage the optic nerve and fasten the natural nerve fibre loss. Since nerve cells can't regenerate this damage is permanent and irreversible.
Without treatment, glaucoma can cause total permanent blindness within a few years. Because most people with glaucoma have no early symptoms or pain from this increased pressure, it is important to see your eye doctor regularly so that glaucoma can be diagnosed early and treated before significant functional visual loss occurs.
If you are over age 40 and have a family history of glaucoma, you should have a complete eye exam with an eye doctor every one to two years. If you have any risk factors, you may need to visit your eye doctor more frequently.
What Are the Symptoms of Glaucoma?
For most people, there are usually few or no symptoms of glaucoma. The first sign of glaucoma is often the loss of peripheral or side vision, which can go unnoticed until late in the disease. This is why glaucoma is often called the "Sneak Thief of Vision" or "Silent Thief of Eye Sight".
If you have any of the following symptoms, seek immediate medical care:
- Seeing halos around lights
- Vision loss
- Redness in the eye
- Eye that looks hazy (particularly in infants)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the eye
- Narrowing of vision (tunnel vision)
There are several risk factors, which may lead to glaucoma, such as:
- Age of the individual
- Ethnicity- African, Caribbean, Hispanics and Asians are at higher risk
- Increased eye pressure or IOP History of glaucoma in family or relatives
- Presence of Myopia or Hyperopia
- Previous eye injuries
- Use of steroids- as injections, tablets, eye or ear drops or ointments or protein supplements for muscle building in gyms or inhalers
- Previous history of anemia
- Individuals conditions affecting blood flow like hypertension, diabetes or high blood sugar, migraine etc are also at risk.
The treatment for glaucoma relies on the nature and seriousness of every case. Generally, glaucoma cannot be totally cured, but it can be controlled. Eye drops, pills, laser strategies, and means of surgery are utilized to maintain and prevent further harm from happening. Talk to your eye doctor to find out if you are at risk of developing glaucoma. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.