Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priyam GuptaYour feedback matters!
33 weeks old boy baby born on 27th July now 5th day. My baby is now in icu. Baby and me are different hospital. My breast milk production started, now the breast have pain. How can I stopped temporarily. Dr. said baby will stay in icu still 4 days.
Hello doctor, I have small question. From my father side hereditary tuberculosis disease s there. I'm a mother to three months old son. Is there chance of getting primary complex or TB to my son or not. I'm little worried in this. Please guide me.
I've some questions in my mind regarding my wife and my daughter's health. My only daughter,aged 12 Yrs+ right now and she is suffering from Allergetic Childhood Bronchial Asthama since at the age of 04 Yrs. Frequently she suffers in cold and cough. Everytime when our doctor's advised for some radiological and pathological investigations, it's doesn't reveals any abnormality in the report. What should i do next to free herself from this problem? Kindly help me Sir. I am a Radiographer Technician by profession and working in a reputed Diagnostic Centre in Kolkata since for the last 15 Yrs.
My son is 2.5 years old. The skin/cover of his penis does not open. Is it harmful for future? may it cause urin infection?
My 2 months baby boy was vomiting a little bit of milk after feeding. some times after one hour of feeding he is spitting little bit of milk(look like card). Please suggest me to prevent the vomiting
My daughter is 4 months old now. She is passing green stools twice a day. Is it normal though I am breastfeeding? What is the reason for this? Please prescribe any medicine.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.