Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priyam GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dear drs, my 5 years old female child is suffering with protein leakage in urine. Doctors found this when she was hospitalized for pneumonia treatment in oct 2014 (urine protein test result 4+) and there was no symptoms of proteinuria. Then she had treated it with prednisolon 15mg in the morning for 2 months and treatment was completed by the end of feb 2015. Result was negative in a month while she was taking the medicine. Now we have tested the urine protein early this month and it shows 2+. When we checked with nephrologist, he told us not to worry that 1+ 2+ is ok? could you please advise? thanks in advance.
My son is 4 years old n fussy eater. He mostly refuses to eat n he likes very few foods and that too he eats little bit. So I always have to make him watch mobile n eat so he eats more. please help n from few days he is vomiting n not willing at all to eat n still his stomach looks big n tight. Is there any problem? Suggest.
A kid at our home who is just 2 months old have a bit of cold and is been given an hepatitis b vaccine bcoz of which he is suffering a lot of pain. What should be done in such a situation?
Good Morning Sir, It's problem of our relative. We did marriage to him recently Three months back. He says to his wife that he cannot lift any weight. He did not participate in "COHABITATION" till now. He says that he is getting tired. His legs are paining. He has "GADDALU" on whole part of testicles. We took him to doctor, Doctor said that there are "MULTIPLE SEBACEOUS CYSTS ON SCROTUM OF TESTICLES" He keeps his "PENIS" in "VAGINA" and sleeps on wife and he says he cannot do anything. 1) Would there be any problem in the future. He says that he will take treatment after 10 months. 2) Whether due to presence of this there is no chance of children to give birth. 3) Whether this "sebaceous CYSTS ON TESTICLES" occur overnight or it occurs during child birth. 4) Whether after surgery again this cysts regrow 5) Whether the wife can stay with her or should take divorce and marry another person or he can recover from it and participate in "COHABITATION" after some time. 6) How much time he should take rest after surgery. NOTE: He disclosed to his wife that he has an habit of "HAND PUMPING" from several years prior to marriage. Whether the problem caused due to this reason.
My 5.5 years old daughter often wets her beds while sleeping. Sometimes she is unable to hold her urine while sleeping in day time. What are effective ways to overcome from this? Thanks.
My daughter 6 yrs old getting very slow growth.Her D O B is 04/6/2008.Her present hieght is 110 cm,and weight is 19 Kg.But she is very active.What i have to do for her normal growth? Shall i consult what Dr in this regard?I am very much worrying.Kindly guide and advise me in this matter.I will greateful to you for ever.
All parents expect their child to start going to school, learn writing and learning and do well in academics. However, children with dyslexia may not be able to progress at school at the same pace as others. The good news is that there are early pointers that can help a parent to identify dyslexia in the early stages. This can be helpful in training and support the child socially to learn and socialise normally. Dyslexia is a disability that affects both spoken and written language. They have a different learning style and when supported and encouraged, instead of mocked and insulted, they can become avid readers. The following are common 10 indicators of developing dyslexia in children, in general, and at school.
10 Behavioural signs to watch for in general:
- The child usually has difficulty concentrating and following instructions
- The child is easily distracted, seems to daydream, and tends to forget words.
- Poor personal organisation skills and is not very good at time keeping.
- May get confused between today, tomorrow, yesterday; east and west; right and left; up and down.
- Has difficulty remembering seasons, months and days.
- Tends to be doing something to avoid work.
- Seems distracted, and ‘daydream,’ does not seem to listen
- Requires a lot of effort focusing on things at hand and is constantly tired.
- Slow pace of processing in terms of spoken or written language
- Often appears withdrawn or lost in his own world.
10 Behaviours to watch for at school:
- Poor standard of writing and written work in comparison with oratory skills.
- Poor handwriting with badly formed letters.
- Confused easily between similar looking letters like m/w, n/u, b/d.
- Usually, messes up work by using close but wrong spellings and rewriting the same
- Mixes up words by using similar-looking words – quiet and quite, tired and tried.
- Same word is spelt differently at different times
- Poor motor skills and pencil grip leading to slow, inaccurate writing
- Produces a lot of phonetic spelling which does not change with repeated corrections
- There is difficulty in blending words together, and struggles a lot when asked to read out loud, can miss out or add words that are familiar in between
- Has difficulty connecting the story that is being written or read
As noted, these children have very inconsistent behaviour with very limited understanding of nonverbal communication. If these symptoms go on increasing as they grow, it is advisable to seek professional help so that support can be provided and the condition can be arrested at the early stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My daughter is 2 years old is suffering from fever 102 degree. Doctor gave an antibiotic and paracetamol syrup. She is not at all having any food and juices. She is taking only plain water. I am worried. Without any food juice or milk how can I give her medicine. Kindly advice.
Hello sir /madam. My baby is just 7 days old and I think she is having short breath. She does not take complete breath. What may be the cause and how can it be cured. Please answer me in detail. Am very much disturbed by that. I cannot have a proper sleep because of my baby. Please help me out of it. Am very much pleased. Thanking you.
If you have diabetes, you have a greater risk of developing certain oral health problems than people who don?t have diabetes. Controlling blood glucose (blood sugar) levels can reduce the risk of these effects.
A veneer placed over a tooth surface can greatly improve a tooth that is stained, badly shaped, crooked, or injured.
A balanced diet, limited number of snacks, brushing and flossing each day, and regular dental checkups are the keys to a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums.
If you are nervous about going to the dentist, tell your dentist and the dental staff. They may be able to adapt the treatment to your needs.
Hellomy 12 week baby refusing to eat more formula during a day but eats 3oz at night every 2 hrs why this is so he refuse to take bottle when I tried Forcefully. He plays well and does not cry unless he is sleepy.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My son health is very weak and thin and energy level also poor. What should I do for his good health. Please give solution for his good health.
My cousins baby is 3 years old from the age of 6 months she started getting seizures these are bad stays for 2 to 3 days during this time body color changes blue eyes upwards hands and legs twisted and now at age 3 she gets this once every week to 10 days her growth is not seen she can barely walk few steps can't talk at all always in her own she doesn't ask for food only when you give she eats else quiet passing urine or stool no indication no signs no discomfort we have been giving her levipil and valparin everyday 3 times since age 6 months.
Hi I'm a new mother. My baby gal is 1 month 5 days old. While she taking breast milk (always before start sucking) or while cry (at times) she sounds like nose block. I feel like whether it would be cold or snuffles. Worried please advice. If snuffles how to get ride of it.
Gd mrng sir, what to do for mother milk well secretion or increase i.e)any food or any tonic or syrup or other your valuable medical advice. My baby born in two weeks ago. So, please help me sir for mother healthy condition.
My son is 7 years old and he is weak and thin. He doesn't eat food properly. please suggest a good nutrients and medicine.
My daughter was born on 21.10. 2015. She is now two weeks old. For the first week she was breastfed, but now I realized that my wife is not producing enough milk for feeding my daughter. We changed to Lactogen-1 formula milk feeding from past five days. My daughter was fine feeding on formula milk till date but suddenly today she vomited twice. I am worried what caused the vomiting. Kindly suggest what to do in this case. Is it improper digestion due to formula milk. If yes then what should I do? Also kindly suggest frequency of feeding formula milk to my daughter and in what quantity.
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother.