Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha PatilYour feedback matters!
Hello doc I have a 4.4 cm cyst on my right ovary which I realised a few days ago aftr doing USG .But I keep getting urinal infection for min of 2 time in a month for the lst 5-6 month. Plzz do advice. Thank you.
As you asked me to use the minoxidil lotion. Can female also use this. And what are the other medicines should I use? Please clear my doubt.
I am 24 year girl but in my body there is no hormonal growth so can you suggest me what I have to do when I take medicine I become healthy otherwise I am thin.
My partner got pregnant 2 weeks ago, Bt she want to avoid pregnancy right now. So what will she do now. quickly please.
I am 27 years old. I got married 8 months ago now we have planned for baby. What should we do for positive result.
My periods date is on 15th feb. And I usually have my periods 3-4 days before the actual date. I had unprotected sex on 24th jan. Now I am having some mood swings and laziness. Moreover I get a frequent urge of urinating. Am I pregnant? Please help.
She is not having her periods this month and it has been 10 days still no sign of period. She is Sexually active and she is afraid of getting pregnant and even pregnancy test kit shows negative but still she is worried because test might be low sensitive so under what test she should go to ensure her pregnancy? And after test if result comes out positive than which tablet kit she should take to get rid off her pregnancy? Please mam provide me solution because she is too much tensed.
Vaginal dryness is a painful and uncomfortable condition that can happen to women of any age. It is most common in menopausal women. Low estrogen levels during menopause can be one of the main causes of vaginal dryness. Childbirth, anti estrogen and lactation are some of the other causes of vaginal dryness.
Other medications like those taken during breast cancer treatment can cause vaginal dryness. Antidepressants and allergy and cold medicines too can cause vaginal dryness. Some other uncommon causes are the use of vaginal douches which disturb the chemical balance and the unusual autoimmune disease called sjö gren's syndrome.
Hormone replacement therapy (hrt) is usually advised to treat vaginal dryness. But many women do not opt for it as hrt can lead to breast cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Homeopathy can help you with symptoms of menopause by triggering the natural hormonal balance.
Most of the time homeopathic remedies focus on the bigger symptoms of menopause to handle the issue of dryness. Some of the most recommended homeopathic remedies are as follows:
- Sepia: if you have marked itching accompanied by dryness, if you get hot flushes that move up your body and mood swings, if you feel pain during coitus and are susceptible to vaginal discharge and yeast infections, then sepia is beneficial.
- Lycopodium: you may need lycopodium if you have hot flushes that move up to your face and if your sweat smells, and feels sticky. If there is inconsistency in urination and you get cramps in your legs, lycopodium can help in the long run.
- Natrum mur: pain during sex (dyspareunia) leads to low self-esteem and strained relationships. Natrum mur is the best medicine to treat vaginal pain that arises from dryness.
- Platina: vaginal dryness leads to both dyspareunia and vaginismus (inability to engage in vaginal penetration, for instance, penile penetration, inserting tampons, etc.). These issues can be treated with platina.
- Argentum nitricum: vaginal dryness can lead to bleeding during sex. Argentum nitricum is most beneficial if you experience pain during sex and bleeding thereafter.
- Bryonia: hot flushes with feeling faint, headaches and constipation are treated with bryonia.
- Folliculinum: if there are complaints of brown or yellow vaginal discharge, erratic menstrual cycle, constant cystitis and weight gain along with dryness, then folliculinum is prescribed.
My wife has not returned to her regular periods since fourteen months after her first delivery. Also had put on more weight during these months. We thought of going for test thyroid. Kindly suggest if these conditions are common or if requires medical attention.
I am doing unprotected sex since 5 month but not getting pregnant. Performed all the test for body check up like theoride, cbc but every thing is ok. Please suggest if any problem.
I have recently married i am looking for family planning so kindly guide how can I control being pregnant till 2 years.
1. If it feels wrongs, don't do it.
2. Say "exactly" what you mean.
3. Don't be a people pleaser.
4. Trust your instincts.
5. Never speak bad about yourself.
6. Never give up on your dreams.
7. Don't be afraid to say "no"
8. Don't be afraid to say "yes"
9. Be kind to yourself.
10. Let go of what you can't control.
11. Stay away from drama & negativity.