Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasad DandekarYour feedback matters!
If there is breast cancer lump you have in your breast can this affects your all body if it's not increased in size?
My uncle is suffering from liver cancer, it's on 4th stage. Doctors are saying as there is no chance of getting cure he can't survive, and they said as there is only one possibility, ie we can expand his lifespan. Is this true. Is there any possibility then please help me out. And please help me in finding the best hospital for it to get it cure.
I am suffering with breast pain I think it is swollen also n I have lumps in breast. Can I know the symptoms of breast cancer? Are this symptoms of cancer.
Hello Dr. I am 41 male and for the last five year I am on medication for BPH and doing fine. Just few days back Dr. advised me for Ultrasound of Abdomen. Every thing comes out normal except it showed partially distended Urinary Bladder and but off course enlarged prostate. Also apart from Prostate and partially distended bladder there is something fatty infiltration of liver mentioned. My Dr. Says its OK and there is nothing to worry about. Kindly suggest.
My friend is an occasional smoker and drinker actually three years before he was addicted to it but right he has reduced it much. Yesterday he went to hospital with his friend who was afraid of having lung cancer and finally doctor told that his friend is having cancer symptoms. Right now my friend is afraid Abt he getting affected. He doesn't have any symptoms but I want to prevent it rather than curing it. If there are any home remedies available to get rid of this before getting ill due to disease. Please suggest me those remedies.
I am 64yrs. Old. I am taking urimax-f for the last one year for enlarged prostrate. How long should I take it?
My prostate gland enlarge 25% I have started medicine daily one bed time eating capsule Amudra Feeling good urine. But my right side of abdomen feeling some wet or some disturb. Any suggestion please Thanks regards.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor.
Related Tip: "Foods That May Cause Cancer"
I have cancer in the food pipe. localized 25 cm to 28 cm. M/3rd esophagus Squamous Cell Carcinoma Esophagus, staging evaluation. Pet CT Scan done. Findings: Length: 5.7 cm Max thickness: 1.2 cm Max SUV: 14.7 extending from D4-D7 Dilatation of proximal esophagus is not seen. No Lung Nodules. Active disease in circumferential thickening. Surgery suggested. Opinion and remedy?
Hi, currently I am getting treated for tb but I have also got nodule of 2.8 * 2.9c in my left breast which we came to know after ct scan. My chest specialist is saying wait complete the tb treatment and then go for breast nodule but I scared whether it not some serious. Which doctor I need consult for breast? I mean surgeon or gynecologist?
I'm getting a lot of Painless lumps all over my belly arms and thighs. Please advise what is the best way to get these checked and reduced.
What is the causes of the cancer and what are the symptom of the cancer and how can we prevent from them?
My mother is suffering from breast cancer at first stage what is the time limit in which treatment must be completed.
Can I continue to use complementary therapies, take herbal remedies or vitamin supplements when I'm on chemotherapy?
Hai doctor. I am a cancer patient. I took 6 cycles of chemotherapy. So I have low sperm count. Will it be permanent? how I can increase my sperm count.?
Hiii, this is Gaisul azam, 18 year old and I want to make documentries on cancer so I want every detail about cancer, types, description, cause, cure. Each detail.
Im 32 years old n I have been suffering from gastritis since childhood with severe cramps. Im using homeopathic and my symptoms are less but since last november Im experiencing mild dysphagya. Im worried because my dad has been diagnosed with eosophgeal cancer. What should I do?
Discharge from your nipple without any squeezing or touching of the breast may make any women wonder. Other than breast milk, any kind of nipple discharge can be a warning sign of breast cancer.
When a tumor starts in the milk ducts just under or around the nipple, it may cause irritation and infection, leading to discharge.
If you notice any nipple discharge, particularly clear or bloody, get it checked by your doctor. Such discharge can also be due to an infection or other condition that needs treatment