Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash Pispati
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash PispatiYour feedback matters!
I have grade 2 tear in posterior horn of medial meniscus of my left knee. Its now over 2 years after a small accident. I can walk normally but after running for few meters I get knee pain also after walking distance of over 2 km I get pain. But after proper rest the pain goes away. Does surgery is required in my case I tried physiotherapy but it's not helping me much. Please advise.
I am 36 years old fairly active and play Badminton at least 4 days in a week. From the past 1 week I must have pulled a muscle behind and the side of my knee. But I am feeling that my knee hurts when am am trying to get up from a static position. Is it a problem with the knee?
Hiii This md sahil from kolkata and I am suffering from knee pain from last 3 month so please suggest me any good solution for this.
Since 2007 once a year I get epileptic convulsion with tongue byte at early morning hours. Neorologist advised twice a day levipil 500 mg. Now for 2014 it didnot occur, normally it get during rainy season. Secondly I have hyper tension with pulse rate 90 some time for which I am taking prolomet xl 25 mg and it is in control. I am realising for last 2 years heavy weight of body upto 97. How to reduce weight. I normally eat home food full meal twice a day with light breakfast with milk and honey. I developed osteo artharitis for which taken medicine alopathy. Homeopathy as well as ayurveda. Got some relief through ayurveda tabs such as romawin, mahayograj guggul and mayoset oil with hot hot water fermentation twice a day. I still feel my bones and muscle became weak while walking and climbing and cannot walk fast or climb or step down staircase at usual way. Pl suggest proper remedies. Consulted well; know neoroligist, physicians, dean of ayurveda hospital, I don't get time to work out physeo therapy exericise during normal fitness time due to office routine work from morning 9 a. M. To evening 8 p. M. (i. E. Start from home to reach back at home)
I am 68 years female, for the past 10 years I have been suffering from knee pain, swelling and burning of shoal etc. No medicine was helping. In winter, it is much more painfull.
Hello doctor, good morning. Sir I feel pain in my left knee while sitting on the chair. There is no pain while walking, playing badminton. There is no gap seen in the x-ray. Is it serious. Thankyou.
Your knee is a very complex structure consisting of bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscles and meniscus. Most people encounter knee pain at some point in their lives. If your knee pain is chronic in nature, then it may last for a prolonged period.
Many causes may be responsible for your knee pain. Some of the causes are stated as follows:
1. Your knee is very much prone to injuries. Knee injuries may happen due to accidents, falling down carelessly or while playing sports. The most common knee injuries that may be the cause for your knee pain are mentioned as follows:
- Fractures may cause you to feel pain in the areas of your knee bones.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury (ligament injury caused by twisting and a sudden motion) or Medial Collateral Ligament injury (injury to the tissue in the insides of your knee) is very common to sportspersons and may be the reason for severe knee pain.
- Sometimes your knee bones may get dislocated from their usual alignment. This can also make you experience severe knee pain.
- Ligament injuries, meniscus tear or tendon tear can also be responsible for your knee pain.
2. Sometimes pain in your buttock or foot region can also result in mild knee pain.
3. At times chronic problems like osteoarthritis that affects the cartilage can cause the problem of knee pain. Other chronic problems like Gout, rheumatoid arthritis can also cause severe knee pain.
4. Being overweight can also result in knee pain.
The symptoms of knee pain may be different in each case. The most common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Stiffness of knee
- Swelling of your knee
- You may also feel unstable
- Difficulty in walking or bending of your knee
- You may notice redness in your knee area
Knee pain must not be ignored. It is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an orthopedic as soon as you encounter any of the above mentioned symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.