Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash PispatiYour feedback matters!
Osteoarthritis is among the most common ailments that people on the other side of 50 are affected with. Few of the primary reasons behind osteoarthritis are age, obesity and weakened bones. Sometimes, osteoarthritis stems from joint injury or some sort of stress on the bones. It leads to acute pain and stiffness and can only be cured through medication and exercise. The symptoms may vary from mild creakiness in the joints and swelling to the loss of cartilages between bones.
Long periods of inactivity can also trigger extreme stiffness as well. While it is an extremely painful disease, it does not spread to the other parts of the body. Inflammation of various degrees in the ligaments and joints is the primary cause of osteoarthritis and sustained treatment can only result in abating of pain. Osteoarthritis is usually treated through detecting the symptoms and through other imaging tests, while joint replacement may be a viable solution, there are other non-surgical processes that reap fruitful results while battling osteoarthritis.
It usually involves an optimum mixture of exercises and drug therapy. While there are several cures available, prevention should always be a priority.
- Physical activity: Obesity is one of the primary causes of osteoarthritis. Certain prescribed exercises can go a long way in improving muscle strength and reducing joint pains. However, excessive exercises must be avoided. Other preventive methods include medicinal spa, massage and chiropractics. These are extremely beneficial in cases osteoarthritis.
- Medicines and drugs: Osteoarthritis can be kept under control and averted through specific medications. Drugs can be consumed orally or can be injected directly as per the prescription of the doctor if he or she forebodes an onset of osteoarthritis. Knee lubricants have also been helpful in curing osteoarthritis. For more severe conditions, specified medical attention may be required.
- Nutritional Supplements: For obtaining relief from joint pains, a proper and healthy diet is necessary. An enhanced supply of calcium, vitamin D and Omega-3 fatty acids is thus mandatory for remedying and preventing osteoarthritis. A healthy diet builds your immunity and prevents such diseases.
- Surgery: Although not the favorite, knee replacement surgery is often undertaken even if initial signs of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis are detected. These are relatively hassle-free surgeries which go a long way in providing relief. However, you must follow the advice of the doctors thoroughly before opting for this.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has gained a lot of popularity in the recent times. Based on ancient techniques, this involves gently needling the various pressure points to purify the system from within and reduce the joint pains. They have extremely health boosting properties and contribute to one’s overall well-being.
I have pain in my knees. I'm regular morning walker. Should I stop morning walk or what kind of test should I do?
Hi, I got accident before 2 yrs ago & my knee bone was scratched & i also taken a treatment by a bone specialist for 5 -6 months doctor told that there is no problem with the bone & he given tablets of painkillers & calcium's & also he gave a injection for the knee & i got cured from 2 months the injected place is giving me a sever pain but i think knee is ok because i can walk properly & there is no swelling. But in the night its starts paining only the injected part so kindly advice me a best solution. Again 2 types i have got X-ray of may knee now also doctor is advising me that there is no problem with the bone and he is giving me the same tablets of painkillers & calcium's please guide me regarding this Thank you waiting for your Reply.
I am suffering from arthritis. And facing daily swelling in whole body from many days. Pls suggest me diet to control my swelling and joint pain. Pls help.
I am 38 years female. I have hypothyroid for 27 years. I am on thyroxine. Can my thyroid be cured completely? I also have r.arthritis. I have joint pains occasional. Please guide.
I am suffering from insomnia about 20 years sir. Please advice me how to solve this problem and give proper advice to me sir.
Hello. I am a 33 year old male living in Denmark since 10 years. I am originally from India. Recently on my trip to India, I was sleeping on hard mattresses, as is the case usually with beds in India. And for some reason it has probably not gone very well with my back. In Denmark we sleep on very soft mattresses. And my back has usually been pretty good and have had no complaints around it. Even though I have knee problem due to my history in sports. But this time around, the pain has been very consistent. The problem is that when I sit on my bed, in a fairly nice posture, with back straight, and leaning back on a pillow or something, my middle back starts feeling sore and irritates me, and then I have to sit with out any support for a while to relieve the tension. Even when bending sometimes, I can feel the tightness in lower and middle back, can feel its sore. It's been a month and now I am back in Denmark since a week, but still don't see any changes. In general what do you think is the problem and could it be linked to the mattresses? On a side note, an MRI of my lower spine was normal, with a slight slight disc bulge, without any significant nerve compression, according to the radiologist. So I am assuming the structure and things are good, but maybe it's just a passing thing. But still need to do something so it does not get worse, and hopefully to get it back to normal sooner. Kindly suggest. Thank you
She is suffering from knee pain several checkups made but no use she can not walk fastly and she can not stand for long time.
My fasting glucose level is 112 today, am I diabetic? M feeling pain in both knee and both side of back, from 4 days m feeling frequent urination. Is it any serious?
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My both the knees are swollen and also my wrists. Experiencing severe pain in all joints. Allopathy, aurvetha etc taken. No relief. Please help. I am 62 year old,
It is rheumatoid arthritis. Every joint swells and my mother suffers severe pain. Specially foot joints, finger joints and hand joints. Though treatment is going on some time it is unmanageable. Dr. Have prescribed steroids. Is it safe to continue?
I am 36 years old male. Suffering from right knee pain since laet 9 months. What should I do? I have consult with doctors at hindu rao hospital. Took mesicine but no relief yet. Mri shows that' impression Mr. Imaging revels----- 1. Focal cartilage thining with underlying subchondral edema at medial facet patella- likely chondromalacia patella grade-4.2. Minimal knee joint effusion. So please suggest me. Thanks.
Sir meri sis 37 years ki hai. Uske dono knee mai nd dono pairo ki side ki bone mai pain hota hai. Medicine se pain band ho jata h and after sometime again it will start and usse chala bhi nahi jata. please suggest.
Is there any treatment of knee pain in ayurveda? patient's (female 42years) left knee mri report says; 1. Articular cartilage irregularity with subchondral marrow changes in medial joint space with mild joint effusion and synovial thickening. - suggest early changes of osteoarthritis 2. Thupe-ii signal/myxoid degeneration in posterior horn of medial meniscus.
My father age is 60 years has acute pian in both knees. Consulted many doctors in these five years but no shy of relief. Please suggest the proper advice. Thanks.
Knee joint injuries are one of the most common sports and vehicular injury sustained by patients. We have observed that many of these injuries are neglected initially. A knee injury often presents with swelling in the knee along with pain.
A medical evaluation of all knee injuries is mandatory. All knee injuries which are present with swelling and pain should be evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon. A Xray is usually taken.
The pain and swelling disappear in normal course of time but an instability persists in these patients.
An anterior cruciate ligament tear is the most common injury which is diagnosed in these patients. It is also called ACL tear.
The usual symptoms are fear of falling down, locking feeling , inability to make the knee completely straight, difficulty in climbing stairs up or down. All these problems should never be neglected as it will lead to further injuries and increasing damage.
The investigation of choice is an MRI scan.
The ideal treatment in these cases is a keyhole surgery
The surgery is called ACL reconstruction. The torn ligament is replaced with a new graft.The surgery is arthroscopically done.