Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash C BoraYour feedback matters!
How to get pimple free face and oil free face what medicine I should use for it. I hve problem for few years what should I do for it.
I have a boil above my lips. It is swollen, red and painful. I had 2 boils inside my nose few days back and they are healed. Why the boils are recurring please suggest me something on this issue.
Lupus is an inflammatory disease that is chronic in nature. It occurs when your tissues and organs are attacked by your body's own immunity system. The inflammation that this disease causes can affect the other parts of your body as well, like the joints, kidneys, skin, brain etc. It is often difficult to diagnose because it lacks distinct symptoms. However, one of the most identifiable symptoms of lupus is a ring-shaped rash on the face.
Lupus can be caused by a number of factors like:
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Susceptibility towards infections
- Certain anti-seizure, blood pressure and antibiotic medicines
The symptoms are neither distinct nor regular. However, some common symptoms could be-
- Fatigue and fever
- Pain in the joints, stiffness and swelling
- Ring-shaped facial rash
- Skin lesions on exposure to the sun
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
What else can lupus lead to?
Several complications may arise if lupus is left untreated. Some of them are-
- Kidney damage and failure
- Hallucination, seizures, strokes and several other problems associated with the brain and the central nervous system
- Anemia, blood clotting, vasculitis etc.
- Increased susceptibility to pneumonia
- Increased risk of heart attacks and other cardiovascular diseases
Lupus is a significantly dangerous disease and medical help should be immediately sought if you think that you have symptoms associated with it. Treatment depends on the signs and symptoms of individual patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.