Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pradyot Kumar RathYour feedback matters!
I am an old of 73 years. At present feeling a respiratory trouble & a mild pain on left chest, most probably due to 1st stage of Angina. I take medicine for BP e.g. Espin-AT & Losium-50 and for ear blockage I take Trinerve Cap, Gincoba Tab, Relent Tab. What should I do for my chest pain? Please help me.
Sir, I am 55 years old. Cholesterol on test declared 227. A medicine prescribes NOVASTAT in night. But I feel headache, tiredness in the morning. What does this medicine does in body to reduce cholesterol. Why these side effects? Any other alternative? Regards and thanks.
At age 28, when I randomly went for a health check up. I was bit surprised and shocked. My BP was on a higher side. 160+ / 84+ Doctor advised me for a detailed investigation/diagnosis of it frm a specialty hospital. My question here is what are the reason to have such BP at dis age ? I don't have any major health issues till now. What do I need to control this from now on ? What diet should I follow and what do I need to overcome this ? Please advise.
I'm 21 years old I'm getting heart pain little I did ecg and echo and x Ray and tmt. Everything was normal. Due to gastric it can pain or what?
I am a 57 yrs old male. Angioplasty done in 2009. Since then on regular medicine and exercise. Recurrence of block in 2015 and again angioplasty. Any treatment for preventing recurrence?
I am suffering from cholesterol gland in my body, there are no hurt for me, please suggest solution for future purpose, What should I do decrease cholesterol? What type of diet as well as exercise for help less cholesterol? Please provide details knowledge about this?
How to reduce cholesterol level from 262 to normal and LDL from 193 to normal. HDL is 44 Triglyceride 126 VL DL. 25.
Hypertension or high blood pressure can be defined as a condition wherein the thrust of the blood against the walls of the arteries is excessively high, thereby increasing chances of health hazards. The amount of blood that is pumped by the heart and the resistance put up by the arteries usually determine one’s blood pressure count. For instance, if the heart pumps excess amount of blood while the arteries shrink, the blood pressure can soar high. High blood pressure or hypertension may give rise to symptoms such as nosebleeds, short breaths or headaches.
There are two types of hypertension, one is primary and the other is secondary. For essential or primary hypertension, there is no significant reason and the condition slowly develops over years. The secondary one appears all of a sudden as a result of a repressed condition such as thyroid or kidney problems, defective blood vessels and certain medications such as pain-killers, cold relievers, pills for birth control and others.
Other factors responsible for hypertension are:
- Age: The risks increase over the years
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Consuming too much of sodium or salt in your diet
- Little intake of potassium and Vitamin D in meals
- Being subject to high levels of stress
- Chronic medical disorders such as diabetes
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Thiazide diuretics can be administered. These help to flush out excess water and sodium from the body in order to reduce excessive volume of blood thrusting against the arteries.
- Beta blockers: They ease the workload of the heart by opening up the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors help inhibit the production of chemicals narrowing the blood vessels
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) are used to obstruct and curb the action of the chemicals contracting the blood vessels
- Calcium channel blockers help to loosen the blood vessel muscles
- Renin inhibitors can delay the production of an enzyme called ‘renin’ by the kidneys that increase one’s blood pressure
- One should follow a well-balanced diet that comprises of less salt.
- There is no substitute to regular exercises. Exercising regularly helps one maintain a balanced body weight that further reduces the chances of this condition.
- Abstaining from smoking and limiting alcohol intake helps provide that holistic cover to all the treatment modes mentioned above.