Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Phiroze F Soonawalla

Urologist, Mumbai

Dr. Phiroze F Soonawalla Urologist, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family....more
I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family.
More about Dr. Phiroze F Soonawalla
Dr. Phiroze F Soonawalla is an experienced Urologist in Mumbai, Mumbai. You can consult Dr. Phiroze F Soonawalla at Dr. Phiroze F Soonawalla@Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai, Mumbai. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Phiroze F Soonawalla on

Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Urologists with more than 36 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Breach Candy Hospital

# 60 A, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Breach Candy. Landmark: Next To Mahalakshmi Temple.Mumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Phiroze F Soonawalla

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am suffering from stomach pain from many days after diagnosis I came to know that I had stone 15 mm in gall bladder and swelling around it doctor said to do surgery can this treated with out surgery and stone will remove please help me.

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
Take 1 cup of horse gram + Add ½ L water + Heat the mixture till water level reduces to 1/5th + Strain and collect the soup + add 2 tsp of crushed pomegranate + Mix well + Drink once a day...take shool gaj kesari ras twice a day..
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 59 year old female. Undergone with laparoscopic hysterectomy (uterus removal) operation on 9th JUne. After that urine is passing without any signal. CT sacn shows some issue in Ureter. Please advise me.

Homeopath, Sindhudurg
Homoepathic treatment caust 30 4pills daily morning for 8 days and revert back for further treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I want to know about self catheterization, is it safe? Can it cause urethral stricture?, the process of doing it. And where can I learn it?

General Physician, Cuttack
self catheterisation is done for urethral stricture.if you have urethral stricture, consult Urologist for advice and treatment
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Did Stone in any where in urinary tract from urethra to kidneys lead to weight loss? And Did stone can block urine (10% urine comes) without pain in bladder? Thank You.

Ayurveda, Ambala
Kidney stone do not cause any weight loss but it may cause severe pain, urge of urination. Yes, stone can block the urine excretion & sometimes urine comes in less quantity & again & again with or without pain.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 20 years old men and have anal canal pain from morning. It caused by eating spicy food .and haveing very much pain to do any type of activities at home. So, what should I do now?

MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy, Diploma in Diet and Nutrition
Physiotherapist, Delhi
check for any blood out in stool. may be some fissure or hemorrhoids formation may be internal or external, you can check by touching that area. avoid spicy foods, n prevent constipation also. have lots of fluid and milk intake.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have urine infection. I pee a lot but in small amount. I don't want to treat it through antibiotics. Please tell me some other treatment method. Also, I take berrycran, does it contain D-mannose?

General Physician, Mumbai
Avoid spicy food in your diet and also avoid peanuts and potatoes in your diet and take two tsp of syp cital mixed with a glass of water twice a day.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Q. L have three renal stones in lt. Kidney, 18mm, 12mm, 11mm, so what should I do?

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Homoeopathic medicine BERBERIS VULGARIS Q ( Dr Reckeweg) HYDRANGEA Q ( Dr Reckeweg) Drink 10 drops in 20 ml fresh water 3 times daily at a minimum difference of 20 minutes from each other and eating. For Kidney pain start taking below given homoeopathic medicine in between DIOSCOREA Q ( Dr Reckeweg) Drink 10 drops every 1-2 hrly in 10 ml luke warm water depending on severity of pain Start drinking atleast 3-4 bottles of soda water daily. Report after 15 days Instead of reducing your calcium intake, focus on limiting the sodium in your diet. Extra sodium causes you to lose more calcium in your urine, putting you at risk for developing another stone. Limit your sodium to 2,000 milligrams each day. There are many sources of hidden sodium such as canned or commercially processed foods as well as restaurant-prepared and fast foods. Calcium oxalate kidney stones are the leading type of kidney stones. Oxalate is naturally found in many foods, including fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, grains, legumes, and even chocolate and tea. Some examples of foods that contain high levels of oxalate include: peanuts, spinach, beets, chocolate and sweet potatoes. Another common type of kidney stone is a uric acid stone. Red meat and shellfish have high concentrations of a natural chemical compound known as a purine. High purine intake leads to a higher production of uric acid which then accumulates as crystals in the joints, or as stones in the kidneys.To prevent uric acid stones, cut down on high-purine foods such as red meat, organ meats, and shellfish, and follow a healthy diet that contains mostly vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and low fat dairy products. Limit sugar-sweetened foods and drinks, especially those that contain high fructose corn syrup. Limit alcohol because it can increase uric acid levels in the blood and avoid crash diets for the same reason. Eating less animal-based protein and eating more fruits and vegetables will help decrease urine acidity and this will help reduce the chance for stone formation. You should also be sure to drink at least 6-8 glass of water a day to help reduce the risk for stone formation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My last two month are very frequent urination and extreme irritating. Please say what I do?

BHMS, MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Vijayawada
You must be suffering from urethritis / cystitis - commonly called urinary infection. Take homeopathic remedy can notharis 200 5 pills two times a day for three days only and report me.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir my I have a kidney stone for two years last year I have used a laser treatment but now I have 8mm stone and I have uterus cyst.

MBBS, DNB (General Surgery), MNAMS (Membership of the National Academy) (General Surgery) , Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Fellow of Indian association og gastro intestinal endo surgeons
General Surgeon, Ghaziabad
8 mm is a big stone which only rarely may pass spontaneously. You may need surgical / endiscopic removal. Have plenty of oral fluids. Cyst treatment would depend upon its size, exact location etc. Smaller cyst do not require any treatment. Larger cyst requires surgery. Mostly laparoscopic surgery.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having prostate enlargement. I am taking urimax tablet once in a night and also homoepathic medicine. Please advise.

Sexologist, Panchkula
Hello, you are taking right medicine for prostate hypertrophy if you still have problem in passing urine then you can go for catheterization.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 28 year old male, I am facing problem with my urinal system, flow of urine is slow, and little bit pain in left side of lower stomach. And feeling little bit heat during flow of urine.

MBBS, DGO (cal)
General Physician,
If you have not involved yourself in unprotected sex with professional sex workers, you have developed uti possibly or even prostatitis, I suppose. Please consult a doctor and get yourself examined and receive treatment. Do not neglect.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

4 months ago I let an earthworm to enter my cock, at that time I got scared, but by the time I did not got any problem, but in this past 1 month I have problem when I go to urine, so I went for a sonography but the report of sonography also came normal, but I still feels that there is earthworm inside the bad smell of earthworm still comes from my urine then smelling it, can you get solution of this?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
hi some time at this condition we worried and this worry is in our mind so we feel like that son dont worry i suggest you some medication for that take it take following remedies 1.triphala kadha 4 tsp before lunch and dinner 2.amala juice 4 tsp + 2tsp sugar + 2tsp honey in the morning empty stomach
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from urinary tract infections from past 6 months, urine is yellow in colour, no pain in urination. What is the treatment of choice.

General Physician, Chandigarh
Drink lots of water and fluids in the day say approximately three to three and a half litre get your urine tested for pus cells after 15 days and if it still shows pus cells, go for urine culture and sensitivity test and take the appropriate antibiotics recommend by the doctor alternatively you can send your urine culture and sensitivity report I can guide you for treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My sister is 24 years old. She has two stones (5 mm) in kidney. So what is the treatment.

MD - Paediatrics, MBBS, FISPN & FISPN - Pediatric Nephrology
Pediatrician, Delhi
usually stones 5mm or less comes out on its own with some pain.. But don't forget to evaluate her for the cause of stone so that she doesn't develop stones in future
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Causes and Symptoms of Colonic Polyps

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, M.Ch - Surgical Gastroenterology/G.I. Surgery, Fellowship in Hepatobiliary Surgery & Liver Transplantation, International Visiting Scholar
Gastroenterologist, Hyderabad
Causes and Symptoms of Colonic Polyps

Colon polyps are growths that are typically found in the large intestine. Although the causes behind the occurrence of colon polyps are not known, this condition is usually seen to affect adults.

These colon polyps might turn into colon cancer over a period of time; the development of cancer can happen over a number of years.

Colon polyps are usually symptomless; hence it becomes difficult to diagnose the condition. They are commonly found as additional results of screening tests for colon cancers. Screening tests are conducted when there is a suspicion of a disease but it displays no significant symptoms. The symptoms can only be visible if the polyps are enlarged.

Typical symptoms include:

  1. Rectal bleeding.

  2. Changes in bowel conditions such as diarrhoea and constipation.

  3. Changes in urination patterns.

  4. Change in appearance of stool.

As the presence of most polyps becomes evident only during colon cancer tests, it is recommended that regular tests for colon cancer be conducted for adults over the age of 50.

Some of these tests include:

  1. Colonoscopy: This is highly recommended for detecting colon polyps. A small tube used for viewing is inserted into the colon by the doctor.

  2. Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: It is similar to colonoscopy with the only difference being that the tube is smaller.

  3. Computed Tomographic Colonography (CTC): Also known as virtual colonoscopy, various computer systems and X-rays are used to create a detailed picture of the colon so that the doctor can search for polyps.

The size of the colon polyps helps to identify if the polyp is cancerous or not. Chances of the polyp being cancerous are high if the size of the polyp is higher than 1 cm or 0.4 inches. Hyperplastic polyps (smaller polyps) do not become cancerous and hence, do not need to undergo a colonoscopy. Another form of polyp is the sessile polyp which is usually a flat growth without a stalk and grows on the inner wall of the colon. Similar to other polyps, these polyps can be found and removed using a colonoscopy or a sigmoidoscopy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.

2939 people found this helpful

I have thyroid. I am using thyroxine tablets 125 mcg from two months. But I have frequently urination problems. It is not yet to cure. What is the reason.

MBBS, CCEBDM, Diploma in Diabetology
Endocrinologist, Hubli-Dharwad
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. When on treatment with thyroxine for hypothyroidism, if TSH is maintained around 3 to 4 mU/L, then most of the symptoms are in check. Usually increased urine frequency is not a symptom of hypothyroidism. That can be a sign of high blood glucose. So please check your fasting and PP blood glucose levels, if those are within normal limits, then there may be some other reason for increased urine frequency. That can be further investigated. Thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How to reduce weight on body. And please tell me the symptoms of jaundice. From last 6month my urine colour is yellow colour. Please suggest what to do?

General Physician, Mumbai
Vomitting with loss of appetite with yellow colour urine output are few symptoms of jaundice and get your urine checked in a laboratory and to reduce weight eat food with low fat content in your diet and exercise regularly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have burning sensation in urinary tract. The symptoms increases after urination, after making intercourse, whenever there is any pressure in this area like during emptying bowel. Urine culture and other urine test came out normal. There is no bacterial infection found. Still suspecting uti, doctor prescribed rulizo 600 mg for 10 days and flavocip 200 thrice a day for 1 months. It has been 5 days I am taking rulizo 600 but there is no improvement in the symptoms. As I am already a patient of acidity and dyspepsia, nausea and acidity increases a lot although I am on ppi and some skin rashes appeared. It looks like they are side effect of rulizo. So I stopped the antibiotics after 5 days and continuing only flavocip. Please advise what is the reason of the burning sensation in urinary tract as tests did not reveal anything. Is it okay to stop rulizo after 5 days course.

General Physician, Jalgaon
Please Don't depend on medicines only Wake up early go for morning walk in greenery daily with relaxed mind Do pranayam and yoga daily This will help you to reduce acidity problems and will help in digestion and easy defication Take milk regularly Avoid oily spicy and fast food Take Tab chndraprabha Vati 2 2 for 6 weeks Chandnasav Syp 20 ml in 200 ml water three times a day Tab yastimadhu by Himalaya 11 Dadimavleha by sandu pharma 20 ml twice a day All for 3 weeks Consult me regularly on Lybrate till you feel better completely.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a handicapped person suffering from spina bifida by birth. And in childhood I have no control on urine. My problem is that I have girlfriend and when I want to sex with her I can't do it because my urine is not in my control. I was afraid if I try to intercourse with her and my urine pass away than it was very embarrassing movement for me. So I want to know is there any medicine which stop my urine for some our that could I make the sex with her. Please help me.

Ayurveda, Nashik
ayurveda can help you better to put control on your urine & sexual issue. duration of treatment is depends on other conditions too.for that u need to examined uttar basti (for male) is better option. do kegel exercises( for male) it will help you
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Doctor it feels that I can not urinate whole of my urine and feels still some urine is left. I give more pressure in order to make it empty. I have frequent urge of urination. I had u. T few months back and doctor said its cured after having medicine. I have heard enlargement of prostrate also blocks urine. I still have the same problem as mentioned above. What is the remedy if prostate has enlarged and it is creating problem in me? Help plz.

MBBS, MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Bangalore
Mr. Lybrate-user, at your age you neednt have to worry about enlarged prostate, I would advise you to take plenty of liquids & go to rest room only when your bladder is full, spend a bit of extra time & pass urine.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed