Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. PatilYour feedback matters!
As you age, the cartilage cushioning your joints starts wearing down, causing the bones to rub against each other. This causes osteoarthritis, which is a type of degenerative disease caused. The rubbing of the bones causes inflammation of the joints. The joints of the arms and legs along with the lower back are most commonly affected by this condition.
Here are some common symptoms, which indicate that you are suffering from osteoarthritis:
1. Pain and tenderness: An aching back, knees, neck and hip with severe pain are some of the most common symptoms of osteoarthritis. The pain caused during the early stage of arthritis is classified into tenderness and pain. A sharper pain may be felt while moving the affected joint in a certain way. Tenderness is the discomfort experienced when the joint is pressed along with visible swelling in the affected area.
2. Joint stiffness: Joint stiffness is another early symptom of osteoarthritis. It refers to the wooden feeling, which makes a person feel slow and sluggish. The urge to rest or go to bed should be resisted. Warming up the joints with gentle exercise or moving around cause relief. It also helps in reducing the stiffness and you can continue your regular activities with more ease.
3. Abnormal sensations: When the cartilage wears down, the rubbing of the bones against each other may lead to some abnormal sensations. Grating of the joints is common in people with osteoarthritis. One may feel that their joints are cracking or clicking while moving.
4. Loss of flexibility: People who are in their early stages of osteoarthritis may face difficulty with moving the areas which are affected. This joint stiffness and pain may lead to a loss of flexibility or loss of range of motion. Range of motion refers to the extent up to which one can move his joints normally. In case you are not being able to bend your knee fully or as far as you would have done it normally, you might be experiencing osteoarthritis.
Loss of flexibility occurs slowly and gradually. A person may hurt his back unusually during a football game or may experience a stiff back in the morning after waking up. This gets more intense with time. In the later stages, you may experience joint pain even while resting.
In case you experience any symptoms of osteoarthritis, you must consult a doctor immediately. The doctor will provide you with a plan aimed at managing and getting a quicker relief from the pain caused due to osteoarthritis. Several over-the-counter medicines, braces for supporting affected joints and range of motion exercises are also effective ways of managing osteoarthritis.
Hi, I am 21 years old. and i am suffering from knee pain from last 2 years mainly at the time of periods. and my weight is 61 kgs. my Doctor advised me to get loose my body weight and start diet chart from dietitian .so give me suggestions.
I have burning pain in my left thigh since 6 months. I searched on the net and found out my condition to be meralgia paresthetica. What are the remedies?
My husband suffers from back ache. He is facing this from a long time. Please suggest a good exercise.
Sir,just 20 days back I had pain in the neck,that pain was increases and passed on my left hand shoulder,after 10 days its passed on neck to shoulder to total left hand pain continuos and consult a Ortho doctor first he checked with x ray,given to me tablets no relief the pain,after 3 days I went to the same doctor again,he write for mri scanning,I took the scanning report and went to the doctor he said that the report was early degenerative changes involving the cerical spine. Diffuse symmetrical concentric disc bulge with posterior left paracentral and foraminal protrusion at c6-c7 level. Left neural foraminal borrowing with nerve root compression at c6-c7 level. And docter checked after he suggets you go to neuralagist. He will tells what to do after he checking. And also said to me opiration may be required.that is my problem please suggest to me what can I do now.
My mother is 75yrs old. She has pain in all joints of body from last 8 years. All bones of joints are weak. Now what to do.
I have moderate pain in my right knee in only summer season. Also hearing mild cracking sound on sudden movement?
I am from patna. Bihar. Age 36 male. Unmarried. Suffering from rhumetoid arthritis for 4 years. Taking zy q 400 i. E. Hydroxychloroquine sulphate 1 tablet daily for last two years. Will this tablet make me free from this disease ?
My friend age 60 yr. Last 12 years diabetic. He take insulin 3 time and two month start taking BGR 34 ayurved tablet 2x2 and 10 month back Angoplast done. Now more swelling on foot both leg. Kidney. Thyroid. Heart. Hemoglobin. Uric acid All report normal. Pl. What is problem swelling on foot both leg.
I am 58 years now my both knees are in pain when I start to move/walk. My weight is 79 kg.I want to loose my weight minimum 14kg .My hight is 5' -5.
My spine got little bend towards left side when viewed from front, but MRI of spine got normal but I'm experiencing pain below rib cage in upper abdomen area and while sitting it increases. Does this misalignment is causing pain and it is chronic.
I am 45 years old female. I have pain at one point on the middle of the backbone. Consulted orthopaedic took x-ray n told no problem in that, prescribed calcium tablet but even after 3 months pain persists. For routine work no problem wen I touch that spot I feel pain. My menstruation cycle is regular.
I have pain in my full body from last three days. I am also having pain in my joints and in Veins. And also in stomach. I am taking paracetamol once in day, after that I feel good for some hours then again I have same pain and Fever type body. And also I am not even able to ejaculate my sperms after masturbation. What is this problem? Please help.
Treatment may Include the following:
1. Shoulder exercises: Regular, gentle exercise can help to keep the shoulder joint mobile. If your shoulder is very stiff, exercise may hurt, and it should only be carried out with the guidance of your doctor or physiotherapist. If you are able to, continue using your shoulder as normal saving' the shoulder can cause the muscle to waste and may make stiffness worse.
2. Painkillers: Over-the-counter painkillers such as paracetamol or prescription-only drugs such as codeine may be taken to ease pain and you should discuss this with your general physician or pharmacist.
3. Anti-inflammatory painkillers: Such as ibuprofen and diclofenac, are often prescribed to ease pain and inflammation. Any medication that you take should be discussed with your general physician or pharmacist.
4. Steroid injections into or near the shoulder joint may be effective at relieving pain and inflammation for a few weeks. However, injections are not a cure, and symptoms may return.