Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Paresh P Varty
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Paresh P VartyYour feedback matters!
I am having very very dark circles since many year ,I tried lots of remedies and also improve my diet to get rid of it but there is no improvement .pls help me.
Hlo doctor. Meri age 25 sal h.meri skin bhut oily h, jiski wjha se mere face pe pimples or blackheads ho jate h.koi home made redeim btao.
I have acne problems since last 4-5 years, have tried everything but nothing worked. Acne gets cured in few days btw the same time a new pimple generates on other part of the face. I never had acne, scars problem before 4-5 years. It started back in end of year 2011 and till now m suffering the same. Help!
I am 22 years old boy, there are white skin on some parts of my body (front side of both legs, on the finger tips of both the hands. I visited many doctors for this but still I am unable to find the correct treatment for the same.(White marks are more than 12 yr old). What should I do?
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems
Urinary symptoms commonly experienced with prostate problems include;
- The need to urinate frequently during the night.
- Urinating more often during the day.
- Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
- The urine stream is slow to start.
- Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
- A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
- A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
- The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
- A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
- Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
- Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
UroLift: A new method of treatment for men, where medication has not been successful, but their prostates are not so enlarged that they need more invasive surgery. It involves the Transurethral Insertion of staples to separate the lobes of the prostate. It has minimal side effects and preserves ejaculatory and erectile function.
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems
Various medications to help ease your urinary problems, including;
- Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
- Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
- Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
- Over-the-counter medicine 'Saw Palmetto' (Serenoa repens) is used sometimes. This may help some men, especially if frequent urination at night is a problem. However, recent reviews of the evidence for using Saw Palmetto as a treatment for mild or moderate urinary symptoms did not show any improvement compared to no treatment, in men with BPH.
Hi sir, I have heard that after doing lasik surgery, it is not advisable to do facials and waxing on face. Is it true? Is there such a kind of pbm? Will it do any harm? Pls advice.
Skin keeps changing right from the gentle, tender skin at birth to adolescent oily skin with acne and pimples, then gradually the sagging wrinkle filled skin towards old age. Although the skin transitions vary for each person as per nurture and nature, one eventually has to take utmost care of it, especially towards the age of 30. So let us have a quick look at the different skin issues occurring around the thirties and the ways to effectively overcome them.
Skin Issues At 30
The level of human growth hormones begins to drop which means that your skin doesn’t repair itself as fast as it did when you were in your 20s. Also, the increased breaking of collagen production gives way to dull and droopy skin and the following skin issues...
- Deep wrinkles begin to emerge, turning faint lines around the eyes into full blown crow's feet, also known as laugh lines or character lines.
- Acne decides to make a comeback after teen years or it may also appear for the very first time.
- Damage from earlier sunburns and beach holidays begin to appear as blotchy pigmentation and you suddenly seem to have dull and saggy skin.
Both men and women are going to see some kind of changes in their 30s, but those who indulge in tanning, drinking, smoking, don't exercise regularly and eat poorly, the problems are going to be much worse.
Skin care at 30
With the awareness of these common age related skin issues you might wonder, how to maintain the flawless skin even after 30? Well, there are some simple suggestions here, you just need to spare a few minutes daily for this skin care regime:
- Cleansing: Clean skin is always an important part of skin care in your 30s—or at any age for that matter. Clean your skin every morning using a facial cleanser that’s pH balanced. Remove your makeup and wash your face before going to sleep at night to allow your skin to breathe and recuperate.
- Moisturizing: Daily after bathing, rub in rich intense moisturizing body lotion, with hyaluronic acid (also known as sodium hyaluronate), which is greatest moisturizing ingredient available today, it draws up to a thousand times its weight in moisture from the air and binds it to the lower layers of the skin.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliate gently every night, just to remove dead skin cells accumulated on the topmost layer of skin. This process is very important because it allows for cell turnover. This is also a way to protect the skin and assist it in the anti-aging process. If your skin is oily or you've got acne then exfoliating twice a week should be sufficient.
- Protecting: Protect your skin during the day by combining an antioxidant serum or vitamin C serum with sun screen as they enhance each other. Be sure to apply the UVA/UVB sun protection first.
Apart from these, keep yourself well hydrated, go for regular facials and avoid stress. Follow this diligently to delay the signs of advancing old age and thus maintain a youthful look for many more years to come!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!