Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PansaveYour feedback matters!
I have sinus allergy for many years. From last few days, my ear is aching a lot and itching and irritation persisted. Please suggest any medicine for curing allergy and itching in ears.
Suffering from throat infection since last 6 month. Consulted 7 doctors but not feeling well. I have gone through the culture test twice I spent around 50000 on this stretched treatment but not feeling improvement Taken all most all the antibiotics available in market (prescribed by doctors) Now a days I'm started suffering from double vision problem. Please give me any solution for this problem A.S.O is 500 .Please give me some home remedy information to decrease A.S. Level.
I have a gall bladder stone, thyroid and pcod. And right now I am taking ayurvedic medicines for gall bladder stone and thyrop for thyroid. No medicines for pcod. Can you suggest me which type of food I should take and a list of food that I need to avoid.
I am Ashish Kumar and 25yers old. I have chest pain since almost 2 years. I feel this pain in bone. My x - ray report is normal. Sometimes this pain is more. In winter season pain is increased. Please give me solution.
Two months back my wife gave birth to girl child. It's C Section delivery. Both wife and my child are doing great now. When is the right time to get sex with her? And which is the right time to put Copper T?
What are the safety precautions against dengue? Many people are dying in my locality and I m afraid. How do identify that I have dengue or not? Its urgent.
I am 20 years old. I am suffering from PCOD since I am 12 year old during my 1st period. I am also an animeya .2 years ago.
Diabetes, the new-age disease, has assumed the name of a modern epidemic. With changes in foods and physical activity being the main drivers of its increased incidence. The age of onset is lowering, the severity of the disease is increasing, complications are becoming severe. It is assuming dangerous proportions. People with diabetes are constantly on the watch before eating anything.
How does diabetes happen? There are two sides to it.
The body needs energy for every single activity that it does from moving a finger to smiling. The food that we eat contains sugar and is the main source of this energy. As the amount of food provided increases, there is more amount of energy (sugar) than required. The body converts this to fat and stores it as visceral fat
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas, which sends signals to the body to absorb the blood sugar from the bloodstream. Two things can happen there could be less insulin produced, so there is more sugar in the blood. Secondly, there could be what is known as insulin resistance, where the tissues do not recognise insulin and do not absorb the sugar for storage. In both cases, the blood sugar levels go up, leading to increased incidence of diabetes. On the other hand, the extra sugar that is absorbed is converted into fat by the body and stored. The visceral fat, which is fat in the subcutaneous layers of the skin, is all the extra sugar that is consumed.
- More sugar consumed, leads to more blood sugars
- More sugar consumed, leads to more visceral fat, as the body only requires so much energy for regular activities
- When engaged in physical exercise, this visceral fat accumulation is reduced, as more energy is required for exercise
- With reduced exercise, the result is increased visceral fat and higher sugar levels
- Insulin resistance adds to this effect of higher sugar levels
- With processed/packed/refined foods being consumed widely, the amount of visceral fat is on the rise. They also lead to insulin resistance.
- So, while on one hand, the direct sugar levels are high, on the other, the body’s natural response to control sugar is also impaired
- To manage both, a three-pronged approach is essential – reduce refined foods, improve fiber intake, and improve exercise
- A diet rich in whole fiber does not lead to as much sugar level increase or fat formation
- A diet rich in whole grains, vegetables, dairy, and fat is preferable to beat this cycle along with an active exercise regime
- Monitoring sugar levels and insulin resistance is a must until they are brought under control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.