Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Rao
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj RaoYour feedback matters!
I have small black marks and pimples in my face after my delivery. Kindly suggest me some home made tips to cure that.
My skin is dull and combination type prone to acne. I have open pores and superficial acne pits on my cheeks. Also my eye bags aur pigmented. I'm in early 30's. Which mostiturser, sunscreen I can use to overcome the same.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my skin black. I used scar removal cream for four months but didn't see any changes ,what should I do?
My face has so many pimples and my skin is very oily in the morning and I also have dark circles around my eyes. What should i do? Please advise.
Hello Doctor I am 31 year male. One year back I have tested TSH level and it was 8.9. And doctor prescribed me to take thyronorm 12.5 once daily. Recently from last 3 months I am getting skin rashes (red color with bumps and itching) and the frequency is increasing. Daily from last 3 months almost I am taking Cetzine and then only I getting some relief. So I thought may be my Tsh level increased and that is why I have done TSH test, and it turned up normal. So now doctor can you please help me out like why this is happening. I don't have any food allergy till date and not having anything new also recently.
My lips are very dry and very prone to chapping, I have a habit of picking my lips with fingers but even when I do not, they get happed. If I apply a lipstick it will almost instantly get chapped and start peeling off and even start bleeding. I use lip balms alost 10 -12 times a day and can not go without them anywhere. Please let me know why this happens, is it a deficiency of some sort?
What treatments are available for tinea versicolor and which do you recommend? What side effects can I expect from treatment? How long will it take for my skin to return to normal?
Dandruff or seborrhea refers to the flaky condition of your skin or scalp caused primarily due to dryness. It is a very common problem for young adults and middle aged people, but can happen to any person regardless of age. Dandruff itself being an embarrassing problem, can also sometimes lead to other skin problems.
The following are a few skin problems that can crop up due to dandruff:
- Can cause pimple: If dandruff or the white flakes fall on your T-zone region very often, then it may lead to the breakout of pimples on your skin.
- May result in pigmentation: The pimples, which can happen due to dandruff can further lead to the problem of pigmentation. This condition leads to the appearance of unwanted black spots all over your face.
- Trigger eczema: Dandruff makes skin problems like eczema and psoriasis even worse. Eczema and psoriasis, which causes itching of the skin can get severe due to dandruff.
- Rashes are also a possibility: Facial rashes can also develop due to dandruff. Often areas around the eyebrows, nose and ears get affected. Sometimes, in case of men, beard rashes also pop up.
- Chest rashes: Dandruff often falls all over your body.This can lead to the problem of chest rashes. This condition results in the appearance of red spots all around your chest region.
Dandruff can be a very distressing problem. If your skin type is oily, dandruff can make conditions far worse. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be completely cured, but can only be controlled. So, it is highly advisable to take preventive measures as soon as it is detected to avoid further problems.