Treatment of Lumpectomy
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Prostate Laser Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Kidney Stones Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Vascular Trauma Treatment
Arterial Thrombosis Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Anupam Maternity and Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
Has your skin become dry or itchy? Has it darkened or reddened after contact with a foreign material or substance? These symptoms may indicate allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), a skin condition which is caused by an allergic reaction of the skin after coming in contact with an external material. The condition usually arises after some time of the skin coming in contact with the material.
ACD is commonly caused due to skin contact with nickel or gold jewellery, latex gloves, several chemicals present in cosmetics, perfumes and poison oak. After being exposed to a foreign substance, the body releases inflammatory chemicals, which lead to irritation and itching on the skin. The skin may become scaly, flaky, appear leathery and dry blisters may develop.
There are several ways to treat ACD. They are as follows:
- Avoiding the cause: Identification and avoidance of the allergens and irritants which cause ACD is the first step of treatment. By avoiding these allergens or reducing your exposure to them, the symptoms can be reduced.
- Emollients: Emollients offer a form of moisturizing treatment and are directly applied to the skin for reduction of water loss. A protective film covers the skin. They are efficient in treating conditions such as dry and scaly skin. There are different types of emollients.It is recommended that you apply a mix of emollients, which include an ointment for dry skin and a cream or lotion for dry skin. You should use emollients in place of soaps and should add them to your bath water as well. Make sure you use different emollients on your face, hands and body.
- Topical corticosteroids: In case your skin is severely red, inflamed or sore, a topical corticosteroid can be applied to your skin directly. This helps in reducing the inflammation quickly. Corticosteroids are different from anabolic steroids and are quite safe for the treatment of ACD. There are topical corticosteroids of different strengths and the dosage to be used depends upon the severity and location of ACD.
You may be instructed to use a strong topical corticosteroid in case of intense ACD. When the condition is mild, a weaker dosage of corticosteroid should be used. For treating contact dermatitis on the face, genitals or in the crease of the joints, a weaker dosage is used, whereas for treating it on the soles of your feet and the palms, a stronger dosage is required. Major cases of ACD go away on their own. However, when the condition is severe and the rashes are developed near the eyes or mouth, you should consult a doctor right away for proper and timely treatment.
I have small spots on my shoulders which excretes solid black substance. There are multiple such spots which looks like acne but has solid black substance filled in them.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
As the number of candles on our birthday cakes increases, so do the number of wrinkles on our faces. As more and more wrinkles emerge on our faces, the number of bottles containing anti-ageing serums grows on our dressing tables too. But, do these serums work as promised? can you expect a serum to make you really look younger than you are?
- First, understand the difference between anti-ageing creams and serums!
The key to differentiating between anti-ageing creams and serums is looking at how they work. In essence, both offer the same benefits. An anti-ageing cream or serum treats acne, wrinkles, sunspots and other common signs of ageing. However, while creams hydrate and nourish the skin, serums work their way past the epidermis and thus penetrate deeper layers.
- Serums do moisturize the skin
Keeping the skin hydrated is the secret of good skin. To this effect, anti-ageing serums deliver as promised. By locking the moisture into your skin, they make your skin look healthy and supple and thus indirectly make the skin appear firmer and younger.
- Each serum affects different people in a different way
Skin care efficacy differs from person to person. While for some people exfoliating twice a week can make your skin brighter, others need a little more care. Don't look at the price to determine the effectiveness of the serum on your skin but take a look at the ingredients. If you're looking to reverse the damage of the past years on your skin, look for antioxidant-based serums.
- Anti-ageing serums can be used at any age but can also produce side effects
Some anti-ageing serums claim that women should start using them from when they turn 20, to maintain the glow of their skin. However, before you start using an anti-ageing serum, you must know what you're putting on your skin. Retinol that stimulates collagen production in the latter years can be not only ineffective but can also act an irritant for the skin. Overusing a serum can also make your skin dry.
- The same anti-ageing serum doesn't work for all ages
As mentioned above, anti-ageing serums can be used by women of all ages. Since each anti-ageing serum addresses a different symptom of ageing, the type of serum you should use depends on the symptom of ageing you want to address. Thus, while you might want to use an anti-ageing serum that prevents wrinkles right now, later on, you may want to use one that removes sunspots.
To sum it up, an anti-ageing serum can't make your skin actually younger, but the right anti-ageing serum can make it appear so.
I have problems with my lips .my lips got dark even I dnt smoke at all. But it seems that I am a chain smoker. I want make it shining and light reddish as it was in childhood :) Pls let me know even lips skin is very dull.
1.How can I control excessive face sweating in sun? 2.How can I prevent my face from getting dark in sunlight? Pls reply.
I am pregnant of 8 months and 26 days. I have red pores like marks on my body. Its causes itching much and when m doing itching it is more n more itching. Etching area is converted into red in colour. Please give me solution.
I have clogged pores all over my face I have tried many things to get to rid off them but nothing and they are way to small I can't even burst them how can I get rid of them and get a clear face.
I have very fair skin tone but since past 2 years My face and neck went darker which doesn't look good with my rest of fair body. How can I solve that? I use face wash twice a day.
What is chemical peeling and what are the best products available in the market and how to use it please help I have an uneven skin complexion and want bright skin! Please help.
I have got a yellow and little blue spot just above nipple on left side and it pains it happened after my bf had bit there and pressed hard.
Hello Sir, I am 25 year old man and I have grown dark spot around my eye. It has been around my eyes for almost 5 years or so. Is it curable?
I have dark circles under eyes, how can I cure it? Please give me some solution. [No other problems]
I am black and having pimples and spots on my face I want to become fair and clear face can you suggest me.
The techniques of skin treatments to make you look beautiful and younger have developed significantly over the past few decades and the newer methods are very successful. One of these method is laser resurfacing.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the technique of eliminating dead skin cells and tissue from the top layer of your skin and thus exposing a newer and younger layer of skin. Other techniques and methods that could be used to achieve the same are far more invasive procedures, such as face lifts or plastic surgery. Laser resurfacing has known benefits compared to other methods. Let's have a look at some of them.
Benefits of Laser resurfacing:
- Laser peels are way more effective at removing wrinkles: Laser resurfacing removes the wrinkles from the skin layer by layer and thus exposes newer skin more effectively and safely as compared to a lot of the other methods. It uses high energy laser beams to eliminate other problems on the skin such as scars, lines and sun damaged areas.
- Laser resurfacing tightens collagen: The collagen within the skin which makes it tighter is automatically increased after the laser resurfacing. Thus you don't have to take separate injections to tighten your skin as this procedure automatically results in it.
- This procedure is less invasive than others: Compared to other procedures, laser resurfacing is much less invasive. For example, facelift surgeries as well as plastic surgeries to make you look younger require extensive surgery which laser resurfacing doesn't.
- Healing time is quicker: Compared to all other procedures, laser resurfacing takes much less time in healing as the procedure is minimally invasive. In case of other forms of plastic surgeries, there is a much longer period of healing.
- It can even take care of acne scars: While laser resurfacing is primarily used to look younger, it can remove old scars like the ones caused by acne or pimples. Thus, it can remove year old scars while giving you beautiful and younger skin, all at the same time.
- It also stimulates the deeper layers of skin: This procedure also helps in stimulating deeper layers of skin cells and helps the skin become younger from much further down. This helps in making sure that the laser resurfacing effects stay for longer compared to other procedures.
While this procedure also takes some healing time, once the healing period is over, you will be very pleased to see the results. However, do your research and choose the best doctors and practitioners in your area as the quality of people administering the procedure also matters a lot.
As time passes in the mundane chores of our everyday life, the more we grow old. This is one truth of our lives is something that can never be altered. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. There are a lot of anti-aging creams in the market, but instead of going through the tedious process of applying them over and over to get satisfying results, an inclusion of natural herbs and spices in your daily diet will not only reduce the signs of aging from your body but also make you feel and look younger.
Advantages of herbs and spices
Most of the herbs and spices contain a healthy amount of antioxidants, minerals and multivitamins, which help improve blood cholesterol levels and the regulation of the blood glucose level. Not to forget that the addition of a suitable amount of herbs and spices in your regular diet increases the taste quotient of even a bland meal. The herbs and spices that really work well as anti-aging agents are as follows:
- Basil: It contains a healthy amount of flavonoids which prevents the body cells from significant damage due to oxidation and strengthens the immune system in general thus, making you feel and look younger.
- Cardamom and mint leaves: This particular spice and herb are particularly useful to relieve your body from any symptoms of indigestion. It also helps in the detoxification of the body.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps to control the blood sugar level of the body and also helps to protect the body from obesity.
- Cloves: Cloves helps to initiate better digestion with the help of the anti-inflammatory properties within the herb. This will help keep the digestion problems at bay and thus act as an anti-aging agent
- Ginger: Ginger helps to prevent migraines, provide relief from rheumatoid arthritis and the treatment of indigestion and inflammation. This will also help relieve skin inflammation which is where many of the skin disorders may make you look old.
- Turmeric: A pinch of turmeric in your daily main course can reduce chances of deadly disease like arthritis, asthma, gall bladder disorders and lung cancer. Garlic helps in the activation of liver enzymes which eliminates the toxins from the body.
- Parsley: Parsley contains a rich amount of iron and a regular intake might help in the cleansing of the blood. This will help remove blemishes and thus make your skin look younger.
- Bay leaves and saffron: A regular but limited intake of bay leaves and saffron provides you with a calm and serene temperament. This can lower stress and stop many of the harmful effects, such as aging related problems.
- Cumin: Cumin also contains a lot of iron which helps boost the digestive system and thus keeps your body functioning properly acting as an anti aging ingredient.