Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi Sule
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi SuleYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am suffering from fungal infection on my foot .it is so paining .what should I do to get relief from this fungal infection.
On my face too much oil coming daily. Actually I am very disappointed with this oily skin .Doctor, do you have any medicine suggestion for this problem.
I am suffering some kinda skin infection. Its itching all over the body. I prescribed a doctor he gave me medicines & ointments to get rid of that disease. My doc said you got fungal infection in your thy shapes and scrotum too. Pls give me better medicines .so give me a prescription. Its spreading all over the body.
Acne is a condition where the skin experiences breakouts of clusters of pimples as well as other growths like blackheads and whiteheads. This skin condition affects the face, neck and even shoulders in some severe cases. In many cases, these pimples may be swollen and even filled with pus. The most common causes of acne include hormonal changes.
Read on to know more about the ways in which you can manage acne:
1. Hygiene: It is important to keep the skin clean as clogged pores often lead to breakouts on the skin, like acne. One must wash the face twice a day at least, so as to ensure that micro particles that can escape from pollutants and other dirt and grime get washed away from the surface of the skin, instead of settling into the pores and clogging them. You can use your fingertips in order to gently rub a mild cleanser or face wash into your skin and then rinse with water. Also, steer clear of facial scrubs and other exfoliation elements as this can make the acne even worse, leaving you with permanent scars if you happen to pop a pimple or scrub too hard.
2. Do not Touch: It is important to remember that constant touching and popping of the pimples can lead to scarring as well as infections in the long run. It is imperative to keep the affected area clean as the hands are one of the most used parts of the body that come in contact with all sorts of dust and dirt, which can easily get transferred to the face every time we touch it. This can make the condition even worse and lead to further inflammation of the pimples.
3. Sun Exposure: If you are suffering from acne, you must ensure that you do not remain exposed to the sun for too long, as the harmful ultraviolet rays will make the condition even worse, and can lead to oozing. This can inturn cause infection and other related skin problems. Also, one must avoid tanning beds and booths as the harmful chemicals used to get a temporary tan can end up having a negative effect on the skin and the acne.
4. Products: When you use a product for the condition, ensure that it is approved by your dermatologist first. You must also use a product long enough before you switch to another product, as constantly switching creams and lotions can lead to a flare up of the condition. Also, before you start using a product, test it on a small patch of your skin on the arm or the leg, so that you know whether or not it will suit you.
Hair fall has become very common for everyone now. The reason can range from environmental factors to biological ones. Being aware of the causes is the first step in preventing serious hair fall. Following are the ways to deal with it:
- Get to the root of the cause: The most common reason for hair loss in both men and women is androgenetic alopecia, also called pattern baldness. The most common occurrence happens around menopause. The other causes can be side effects of brief illness, stress and reaction to drugs. Once you catch the cause, the course of treatment can chart an effective path.
- Improve your diet: Eating iron rich food with a copious quantity of protein and zinc can also work wonders to internally strengthen your hair. Pumpkin seeds, eggs, shellfish, wheat germ are some of the items you can include in your daily diet to improve your hair quality.
- Wash it right: Detangle your hair fully and slowly before you get into the shower. That way it won't get tangled and messy when wet. Next, use cold water to wash your hair. If the water is too hot, it may dry your hair and add to your woes. The most important step here is to use the right products for your hair wash. Use a mild shampoo as much as possible and take time out to deep condition your hair. Be sure to use products that you have tried and tested before only. Last but not the least, use a hair serum after your wash to strengthen it and prevent breakage. Refrain from combing wet hair.
- Try medication: There are several medicines out there that promise to revitalize your locks and enhance new hair growth. These include massage oils, scalp creams and oral pills all of which can be taken individually or in combination to promote hair growth. Be sure to consult a doctor before you start on this.
- Hairstyle with care: Women can start with the simple hairstyling trick of adding layers which gives a sense of volume and bounce. Couple it with large curls and you have a perfect illusion of lush healthy hair. But limit the parlor to only haircuts. Avoid the blow dry or colouring, straightening or ironing that can cause further damage. If you are losing sleep over losing your hair, it's time you consult a professional.
Approximately 60% of the human body consists of water. It is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and even excretion, ensuring smooth functioning of your system. A mere drop in the water content of your body can lead to dehydration, which can affect your body in more than one ways. Dehydration can also take a toll on your skin leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated.
How drinking water affects the skin?
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arise over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy.
I have hairfall for the past few years due to high fever so I went to the dermatologist who prescribed with a foam called mint top for new hair but its not working. And im loosing a lot of hair. Can you help me?
What is nail psoriasis?
Nail psoriasis is a skin condition which directly affects the nails on your fingers and your toes. This disease results in changes in the overall look and appearance of the nails. The condition usually involves a change in the shape, size, color and texture of your nails and the nails also, might feel tender and hurt.
The most common signs to identify a nail psoriasis condition are enlisted below.
- Color- The nail color may turn into yellow, green or brown. You may also have red or white spots beneath the nail on the skin
- Debris buildup- This refers to a potentially painful condition which involves accumulation of a white, powdery material beneath and on the sides of nails
- Separation- This means that the nail is uprooted from the skin bed on your fingers and toes. This leads to immense pain and discomfort and it might also obstruct with your day to day activities.
- Thickening- Thickening of the nail happens when there is a fungal infection along with a nail psoriasis condition. This leads to the brittleness and breaking of the nails.
Some of the common measures to avoid a nail psoriasis condition are as follows.
- Keep your nails short, well-trimmed and shaped
- Wear shoes that are easy on the toes
- Keep the nail edges smooth using nail filer
- Moisturize your nails well on a daily basis
- Wear gloves while doing activities like cleaning or washing
The most common treatment for nail psoriasis is phototherapy, which involves the use ultraviolet light rays to address the condition. The therapy usually takes place in a doctor's clinic or a hospital. Additionally, some of the systematic medications used to treat the condition are methotrexate, acitretin and cyclosporine.