Find numerous Bariatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Bariatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin SalianYour feedback matters!
I am weighing about 81 kg and my height is 5.11 or 6 Is my weight ok for my or I need to reduce the weight please tell and also de diet and workout for reducing weight.
I am 20 years old. My weight is 80 kgs. Is it possible to loose 30 kgs in 1 yr? And is it possible to loose weight for a girl like me who's fat since birth?
Hello doctor I am 23 years, from Gurgaon. I am a working woman. My weight s 62kgs and I tried a lot to reduce it to 55 kgs and was successful too by doing dieting and gyming. But two months before I left gyming and now my weight comes back at 62 kgs again. Please guide me what should I do to maintain or reduce my body weight as I can not join gym due to shortage of time. Kindly suggest me the ways to reduce body weight. Thanks
Sir I am 23 year old girl and I am suffering from cystitis, mild enlarge uterus with adenomyosis, typhoid,irregular headache and fever ,weight loss due to this I am cancelled by many boys sir please suggest me how can I get relief sir please help me.
I do not eat much but still I have lot of fat in my arms, thighs, and abdomen due to which I feel very lazy and sleepy.
I want to reduce pot belly fat and according to BMI index I am 20 kg over weight. How can I reduce my pot belly fat?
My age is 22 I am getting weight everyday please help me Tell me how to reduce weight with exercise.
My age is 21 and my weight is 70 height 5.6 is my weight is good for my height and age but myself I am feeling heavy and can't able work.
How to loose weight easily. And I have dust allergy, so how to cure that I have consulted many doctors.
Hi in order to loose weight I am taking a medicine called wow garcinia plant extract. It's in a pill form. I have lost some weight but not too much. Is it advisable to take this medicine.
To lose weight, you must use up more calories than you take in. Since one pound equals 3,500 calories, you need to reduce your caloric intake by 500—1000 calories per day to lose about 1 to 2 pounds per week.1
Once you've achieved a healthy weight, by relying on healthful eating and physical activity most days of the week (about 60—90 minutes, moderate intensity), you are more likely to be successful at keeping the weight off over the long term.
Losing weight is not easy, and it takes commitment. But if you're ready to get started(http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/getting_started.html), we've got a step-by-step guide to help get you on the road to weight loss and better health.
Even Modest Weight Loss Can Mean Big Benefits
The good news is that no matter what your weight loss goal is, even a modest weight loss, such as 5 to 10 percent of your total body weight, is likely to produce health benefits, such as improvements in blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and blood sugars.2
For example, if you weigh 200 pounds, a 5 percent weight loss equals 10 pounds, bringing your weight down to 190 pounds. While this weight may still be in the "overweight" or "obese" range, this modest weight loss can decrease your risk factors for chronic diseases related to obesity.
So even if the overall goal seems large, see it as a journey rather than just a final destination. You'll learn new eating and physical activity habits that will help you live a healthier lifestyle. These habits may help you maintain your weight loss over time.
In addition to improving your health, maintaining a weight loss is likely to improve your life in other ways. For example, a study of participants in the National Weight Control Registry* found that those who had maintained a significant weight loss reported improvements in not only their physical health, but also their energy levels, physical mobility, general mood, and self-confidence.
My weight is 75 kg and I am 20 years old I want to lose my extra weight what should I do please tell me.
M in age of 38, pure vegetarian. My weight 77 height 5.3" my bone density check shows -2. M unable to walk or exercise regular. How can I reduce lower body fat?
- Include small frequent meals at regular intervals instead of just 2-3 large meals.
- Replace refined grains like maida and white rice with whole grains like atta , dalia, suji, barley, oats, jowar, millets (ragi, bajra) and brown rice. Use a combination of different grains in a single meal.
- Include salads with healthy dressings like curd/ lemon/ vinegar/ mint, etc. twice a day.
- Consume 2-3 fruits regularly along with peel.
- Avoid packaged/ canned/ processed/ junk foods/ sugar products on a daily basis.
- Replace fizzy drinks with coconut water/ buttermilk (chaans)/ lassi/ fresh fruit juice.
- Consume cereals in measured amounts. Small plates and bowls help in controlling the portion size.
I am 25years old n I have a 2.5years old baby. After delivery my tummy is looking fat. What I have to do reduce belly fat.
There are many myths surrounding fat and weight loss today. From fad diets to exercises that promise to burn fat in no time at all, the Internet is flooded with material and information that can confuse people. So here is our list of facts and myths regarding fat loss.
- Starving: This one is a big myth! Do not starve as this will only make your body store fat from whatever little you may be ingesting. Also, such habits will chisel away at your bone and muscle strength in the long run.
- Snacking: Avoiding snacks for fat loss is a myth. You need to divide your meals into smaller portions for faster fat loss, which means one or two of those meals could actually be snacks. But a snack which comes in the form of a bag of chips is bad news. So get a salad or almonds for a snack instead.
- Carbs: If you have come to believe that all carbs are bad, then you need a reality check. This one is a major myth. The body requires nourishment above all else, and this includes some amount of carbs. While having a cheese burger is a big no no, having a potato salad minus the heavy cream dressing is actually a good idea and will give your body plenty of energy. Get the drift?
- Calories: While you may have been led to believe that certain kinds of food can burn calories, this is actually a myth. The reality is that there are different kinds of calories and you must choose food that is high in fibre so that the metabolic system gets a boost. Food like oats which come with high dietary fibre can actually help in pushing the food out of your digestive system, faster and more effectively.
- Eating Right and Exercising: Many people believe that eating right and exercising is the best way to banish fat from your life - forever. This is a myth. After a certain age, the metabolism does slow down. Eating right and exercising as a matter of routine helps in avoiding a sudden and massive weight gain. Above all, your diet and exercise should be flexible so that you can accommodate a slowdown without piling on fat.
The fat loss journey is one that is based on a consistent system of eating right and staying within a routine. So avoid myths and get yourself a well nourished, active and well rested body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Rheumatologist.