Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
Submit a review for Dr. NitinYour feedback matters!
I'm a 17 year old girl and I suffer from frequent mild headaches that stays for long. I feel giddy everyday when I lie down or sit down for a while and suddenly get up to some to go somewhere. I've been said that i've got migraine and I wear spectacles. What should I do?
My mother is 58 years old and had suffered migraine for 30 years but the problem reduced a lot after menopause. But still she gets sudden onsets of acute migraine headaches like currently for past 10-15 days she has very severe migraine pain. What are the medicines suggested for immediate relief. Thanks.
I am 24 years female. Since 10 years I am suffering from epilepsy. I am using medicine but of no use. So I request you to suggest me. Thank You.
My hands often shiver like a old man, wherein I'm just 23. What is the remedy for the nerve weakness?
Suffering from migraine how to prevent from it? May I know what the medicines are provides in market.
I an 26 years old, of late my right hand use to pain and gives me a feeling of numb. Even I go to sleep, it pains and feels heavy. Please help.
Hello sir my wife is 23 year old and when she is siting is legs are go to sleep and so much pain when she is stand up so pls advise me some home remedies treatment and yoga or any thing else. Thank you.
Few days earlier I got gastrological prblm and at mid ngt suddenly my whole body starts shivering and my through young got dry heart bits fell like blown away So I went to a emergency and they gave me injections then I got fine. Bt what should I do to avoid these type of problems.
I suffer savior nerve pain. I already consult doctor he suggest me improve your calcium levels. Due to redundancy of your calcium levels you have that problem. So tell me how to cure my problem.
Sir my father is 55 yrs old he is paralyses on 07. 04. 2015 at right side due to high bp. He is not speaking clearly & right leg & hand not moving properly. Mri report show chronic bollod clot on brains
I have been really stressed over my personal issues for last one year, and yes it's true that I think too much, and rely on internet stuff and medical books, I smoke ciggetes a lot, I have history of ,jaundice I had many years ago I have asthma, I regularly use salbutamol puffs, and last year I started having twitching in my skin, and irritable bowel problems but they went with time, but after the weed incident I really feel bothered ,i was doing fine before that, my problems increased after reading ,my body shakes at night, also I am very much scared of being sick.
Hello, My age is 21 years and I want to ask 2 times masturbation in a week can effect my body and some times I am feeling giddy and my body is shivering my hand or legs too much shivering when I get nervous or exited what is this tell me please.
My age is 24. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 1 year I am having many problems in my body like bones and muscle pain in whole body. Numbness and tingling jn hands and feet in increasing frequency. Abdominal pain. Excessive and rapid and new hair growth in whole body. Chest and belly fat enlargement too much. Even in eyebrows hair dense too. Let me tell you I had habit of masturbating 5 times daily since 5 years by rubbing penis against bed for hours. But 1 year before I realized that I do not have beard except moustache and chin why. So I search that its due to low testosterone. So I left masturbation but 2 month after leaving it I started facing problems. But I do not know whether it is due to masturbation or any other reason. No doctor is able to detect it .i had my cervical x ray it shows C2 and C3 segmentation incomplete. My abdominal ct with contrast shows right renal calculi of 3 mm. My vitamin b12 is 185pg/ml. My vitamin d is reducing day by day. I do not know why. I used to be in sunlight. Never faced problem like this .earlier it was 140 .now it is 70. A bad smell comes from my urine. Very bad. My right testis measure 2.5*1.6 cms and left 2.5*1.5 cms.i am also noticing reduction in testis size. Earlier they were large. .why my numbness and tingling is increasing. I already left masturbation 1 year ago .my problems are getting worse please help.
Hi I have recently rejoined gym after a month. What should be pre and post diet for same. I generally take mango shake or banana shake before work out and glucond during work out. And post work out I usually have dinner or lunch depending on time of work out. I want to gain weight.
Sir i am taking glimpride 2 m sr tab daily resently my legs become cold for some time and came to know some problem in nerves. advice me.
Brain tumours vary in shape and size and the same is the case with their symptoms. The location of the tumour affects the symptoms greatly. Just like in any other type of a malignant tumour, brain tumour has a rapid growth and proliferation of abnormal cells that may have its origin in affected site or areas adjacent to it. As per studies, every 2 in 1,00,000 people are said to be affected by brain tumour in India. However, it may come as a relief to some as not all brain tumors are cancerous or life threatening. Some are benign tumors and seldom pose any threat to the affected individual.
Types of Brain Tumor
Brain tumors may be primary or secondary.
- Primary brain tumor: Here the abnormal mass of cells that originated in the brain do not metastasize to the other organs. Based on their location in the brain, the primary brain tumors may be of the following types.
- Gliomas: One of the most common types of primary brain tumors, gliomas can have their origin in the spinal cord or the brain. Some of the common types of gliomas include Astrocytomas (originates in the cerebrum of the brain), Glioblastomas (these tumors form from the Astrocytes which form the supportive tissues of the brain), Ependymoma (these develop from the ependymal cells which are present within the CNS), Oligodendrogliomas (these tumors are found to arise from the oligodendrocytes).
- Schwannomas: Also called as Acoustic neuromas, these primary brain tumors form on the nerves that play an important role in regulating the balance and hearing from the inner ear to the brain.
- Meningiomas: These type of tumors are usually benign and have their origin in the meninges (membranes surrounding the spinal cord and the brain).
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs): Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs) are rare malignant tumors that originate from the fetal (embryonic) cells in the brain.
- Pituitary adenomas: As the name suggests, these tumors arise from the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Common among the children, these malignant primary tumors develop in the brain (lower back) and gradually spread via the spinal fluid.
- Other types of primary brain tumors include Craniopharyngiomas and the Germ cell tumors.
- Secondary brain tumors: Unlike the primary brain tumors, these tumors have their origin in the other body parts and organs (mostly in the lungs, skin, colon, breast, and kidney) and then gradually metastasize to the brain. The secondary brain tumors are found to be more common.
Symptoms or warning signs associated with brain tumors:
Some of the signs and symptoms that may be indicative of a brain tumor include
- People with brain tumors often get seizures (due to the irritation caused by the tumors in the brain).
- A headache (mild to severe depending on the part of the brain affected by the tumor).
- A person experiences numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs and arms.
- There may be difficulties in walking or balancing.
- A person finds it difficult to concentrate.
- There may be some problems with hearing, speech or even vision.
- A person may experience weakness restricted to only one part of the body.
The symptoms may not necessarily indicate a brain tumor but it is always wise not to neglect the symptoms either. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.